MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 603

Hi, I try to fix one EA, and make and indicator that shows OrdersTotal(), but when I do backtest and attach the indicator that shows total orders, the indicator shows NOT THE BACKTESTED EA's total orders, it shows the actual MT4 account orders. So, what the problem and solution?
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have an EA already designed, but wanted to refine it a bit and experiment more around it. Does anyone know how I can calculate the running win rate of the trades my EA is placing? Is there no reference to this within MQL4? I already know what the win rate should...
[Deleted]
Hello! I would like to export an online forex broker all mt4 products' specifications (which is available in the market watch window if I right-click on an instrument) export to a file on my computer. Does anyone know a way to do that? I do not want to bother of print screening all products'...
[Deleted]
I need a help, since I am not a programmer, I relied to a website to create my EA, unfortunately all is not well. The first thing I ask is the following: extern int MagicNumber = 10001; extern double Lots = 0.1; extern double StopLoss = 50; extern double TakeProfit = 50; TrailingStop extern...
I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with a ea I'm working on. During back testing, the test is running smoothly however at certain point there is a huge gap in the data and a closed order with a huge loss.  I've attached two screenshots showing the issue.       As could be seen in the second...
Hi,   Honestly I quite forgot how to program in MQL, was just trying to compile an old program of mine:        It is probably something very basic, I just want this program to work for now :-)     Would appreciate any help! 
[Deleted]
Hello! For Christmas, my parents purchased an Ipad Mini 2 for me. I downloaded the MT4 app and have enjoyed it thus far. For my trading profile, I need the Forex MTN indicator to be applied for a good entry point. I can do it without the indicator, but I believe it is a great tool to utilize for...
[Deleted]
Hail the reader... and to him a Merry Xmas and many pips in the coming year. I am endeavoring to change some code in my indicator - but on compiling it gives me the error as see in the file appended hereto. The error message is as follows:- 'SetIndexLabel' wrong parameter count I am grateful for
[Deleted]
Hi, Is there anyone here tried to run an Indicator using an EA? Thanks...
Hi there,   Its mostly a theoretical question (but example code is always welcome).   The real question is: how to correctly code the 'frame' of an EA that tests multiple scenarios from multiple custom indicators? The way I'm (busy) building an EA, is not very much focused on 1 strategy, but is...
THE ARROW REFUSED TO SHOW BY IT SELF , UNTIL I SWITCH TIME FRAME , THAT IS , IF AM ON 5MUNTE TIME FRAME ,I WILL CHANGE TO ANOTHER TIME FRAME AND SWITCH IT BACK TO 5MUNITE TIME FRAME BEFORE THE NEW ARROW APPEAR . PLEASE HELP ME OUT...
Hola; Tengo un problema al hacer backtesting con metatrader, ejecutado desde Tickstory. Hasta ahora lo hacía sin problema, pero desde hace un par de días me aparecen los siguientes mensajes al dar a iniciar la prueba de estrategia. Si doy al botón de propiedades del experto tampoco hace nada. No sé...
When dragging the  trading symbol to the chart, we get new chart symbol.  I am new and learn by myself to mql programing, possible to code to get the previous symbol from the active chart?  Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi 1. In MQ4, I understand that there is no concept ofclasses and structs. The only way I found for holding lot of data is arrays(buffer) or save to a file. Is there any other way? 2. It doesn’t say anywhere but I wasn’t able toreturn an array from a function. Is it the right behavior?...
I remember mql4 community was closed in favor of mql5. Didn't know they have re-activated it again! So I posted my question on mql5 forums : MQL4: Sharing file between two MT4 on the same PC I checked a couple of topics for the same issue, but they didn't solve my problem. Any help would be...
It's not easy to see the used Margin of an order if there are a few orders opened.  1.  Is there a simple way to get the used Margin of an order? 2. If there is a short order of "Eur/Gbp" and my account money is "Usd", should I use the bid or ask price of "Eur/Usd" to calculate the used margin? 3....
I've written a large number of indicators and they are fairly robust. I have always followed a pattern to display all but one of the buffers in the main chart window and reserving 1 buffer not to plot but to store measures that are calculated for and retrieved by a given EA. These measures aren't...
Hello! In a loop I want to assaign the values of the operator to specific arrays depending on the loop-variable. This is a simplified example:  ---------------------------------------------------------------   double Array1[1], Array2[1], Array3[1], Array4[1],...;  for (int i=0;i<=100;i++)...
Hi, I've come across on something weird. Having an extern input variable followed by comment changes the name of the variable in the EA's/script's Inputs Window. The following code: extern string myVar = "abc" ; // This is a comment extern double d = 2.5 ; /* Another comment */ compiles fine and
[Deleted]
I have no button on shorting, just buy and sell.
[Deleted]
I use this line in my ea to open a tradeOrderSend (pair,action,volume(),MarketInfo(pair,MODE_ASK),3,stopLose1,takeProfit1,"",0,0,Green) I recive error: Error unknown symbol name eurusd; for OrderSend function  I test this line in an ea which contains only this OrderSend line it works without any...
[Deleted]
When I compail these code i get error missed parameters  OrderSend (pair,action,volume(),MarketInfo(pair,MODE_ASK),3,stopLose1,takeProfit1,,,0,Green); OrderModify(OrderToModify(),,stopLose1,takeProfit1,0,Green); For both i recive this error:  ',' - syntax error, parameter missed But for this one:...
[Deleted]
I uploaded the .ex4 indicator to mql4>indicator folder but on the platform the icon of the indicator is grey and I can't apply it in to the chart anyone know how to fix it?  
If you want to fit a parabola (y=ax^2+bx+c) to e.g. the last 3 values of a buffer, you need to solve a system of 3 linear equations. In software like Matlab or R that is really easy to do, but how would you do it in mql4? I guess there is no function for this?
  6th Degree Poly Help!  (54   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Let me introduce myself. I'm a database architect (as opposed to a mathematician) with very strong programming skills in all things database (sql, t-SQL, PL/SQL) and have enough skill in non-database languages (C,C++,C#, VB/VBA) to make do. I worked within the confines of the Financial Services
[Deleted]
Hi guys, is possible move chart without using DLL? By use user32.dll functions SendMessageA(..) or PostMessageA(..) I can move chart, virtual key PgUp, PgDw, key F12 etc. But does exist solution with use pure mql4? Thank you.
Hi, i would like to set the webpage on ea while it opens every time. please suggest me to do if possible in mql4? Your support is appreciated.
I've noticed for the past several builds (since 765) that there will be times where the terminal gui will freeze, but the terminal seems to continue placing orders.  In other words, I cannot click on anything on the terminal (it is unresponsive).  But when the terminal becomes responsive again, you...
Hi All,  I wanted to create an EA that would open a trade at specific date and time. I also wanted to add Trailing Stop to it. I made a research on this forum and did not find ready solution. So I tried to mix some EAs. Som efeuterues added correctly. However I have a problem with Trailing Stop that...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me with my problem. Now I want to plot a Fibonacci Extention in my EA based on upper and lower Bollinger Bands. The problem is that Fibonacci is following only one band (one price). The secound price remains the same. This is the code which causes the problem...