MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 617

I tried to test several symbols (about 100) with same setting in MT4. I read several topic about command line and  also in terminal help. However, terminal did not start testing (build 765) after I tried hundreds of times. I hope somebody here can give me a hand, thank you. I used: terminal.exe...
Please can someone help me to get what I need. I know how to draw a Line in the chart, But my problem is how can I make it start from the point I need and drawing to the right side. For example : I need the line to start from the high of candle 3 and go to the right side to candle 0 Any help will be...
Does anyone know how I could send email alerts at certain times? I am looking to do this every hour, the Sendmail function is easy enough but I'm stuck on a Time loop?   Thank you in advance 
Hi, I don't want to test a certain strategy. More like to prove if an event1 leads to a certain outcome. Therefore I would like to run some tests but without any spread to not skew the result. Now it seems that a input of '0' in the relevant spread field in the strategy tester leads to the current...
Hi, Why do I get this compile error with the ArrayFill function?  ArrayResize and  ArraySize have no issue with the type.  *** Compile error (1sr parameter of ArrayFill in bellow code) : Error: 'Orders' - type mismatch  *** Order is a normal class. void Test() {    Order *Orders[];    Order *pOrder...
Hi All, I created a working arbitrage expert advisor which i've been using for 2months now and making huge profits and petty little losses, but i found out my expert is not including takeprofits and stoploss sometimes maybe it is too low or maybe it is too high(Dunno), but the expert works well
Hi coders, I use the color red for a rectangle. If a predefined event happens I would like to make this red a bit darker. Mathematically spoken I would like to subtract C'50,50,50' from the normal color. Is that somehow possible without setting a new color? Sometimes I don't know about the color of...
Hi Gurus, Is there any possibility to open MT4's color dialog box from my expert? Thanx!
Hi, I need a local copy of mql4 reference book such as mql4.chm or mql4.pdf, so that I can search reference doc when I am offline. But I can not find it anywhere, I only find mql5.pdf and mql5.chm. Does anyone knows where is it ? or it was deprecated by official ?
Hi Gurus, I can get iMaOnArray from an array, like this: double Value=iMAOnArray(My_Array,0,Ma_Period,0,Ma_Method,0); My question: is it possible to get iMaOnArray from an element of a structure? Let's say I have this structure: //Structure definitionstruct My_Struct  {...
I'm backtesting my EA and in my EA I am trying to get the current exchange rate using the SymbolInfoTick() function, but this function is not allowed in testing mode. I couldn't find any threads on this forum about it (the search sucks), so any idea how I can convert to and from base currency? (for...
Dear Friends. and Traders. int idigits = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS);string close_val = DoubleToStr(iClose(cysymbol,cur_tf,i),idigits-1); when i use this code it automatically round up the value. for example if the vale is 1.45678 the result is being as 1.4568... but i want 1.4567 any one...
I am using the Renko pimped 4.3 EA to create Renko bars in MT4. Often when I open the chart with the actual Renko bars, it takes several ticks before the chart matches the current market price. I have an EA that loads with the Renko chart (offline template) and I don't want the EA to open a trade...
I note that when I do any change in the extern and compile the file it is not affect anything in the extern section. I have to go to every charts  that i attached the file to it and reset the extern. OR attache the indicator again to the chart My Question: Is there any way that can reset the...
Hi, I've adapted the following Rate of change indicator from the mql4 book that is available online. It compiles fine but when I attach it to a chart nothing happens. Below is the code: //----------------------------------------------------------------1-- // Properties of Indicator #property
Hi I'm a programmer and I wrote an expert that gain 250% in 2 month in eurusd. I decide to sell my expert to 10 best buyer, if you want it plz send an email to me and offer a price... I give my expert in first week for free... my email is arman.amirkamali@gmail.com
Ok so I only just passed coding 101. But its enough for me to do the basics. So I modified a donchian channel indicator so it only adjust levels when a new high or low is made. But it only works once applied to a chart. Could someone have a quick look at it and tell me where I went wrong. Thanks in
[Deleted]
  Charts with Moving Averages  (11   1 2)
WHRoeder : Rastenburg : I have screen shots of H1 to M1 attatched. No you don't. Don't attach a image, insert the image Hi, thanks for your reply, I am here for the first time. I have used the image button, after uploading a 342kb file, I get an error message by uploading, the 2 shots are in docx
Hello, how to get the order close time local time. Has OrderCloseTime always then same timezone as TimeCurrent, server time ?   Thank you 
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm a newbie looking at writing a very basic expert advisor to help me with my Trading self-training. I have no real experience of MQL4 coding so please be gentle with me lol I've got a line of code that gives me an "Implicit conversion from number to string error" when I try and complie in in...
[Deleted]
  Hello  (1)
Hello,  I am new here. I want to enjoy the trading related information.  Thanks 
Hi, this sample code is behaving different in the build 840 vs build 890. Is this desired behaviour?  string tstamp = "1444977373";Print((datetime)tstamp);Print((datetime)(ulong)tstamp);   Output: build 8902015.10.16 11:24:23.962 test EURUSD,H1: 2015.10.16 06:36:132015.10.16 11:24:23.962 test EURUSD...
Hi all, I am working on a little function within an EA which writes a trade log file and calculates some additional key figures per trade like winning potential, loss potential, achieved Risk/Reward etc.  It works fine for real trades but I was asking myself how to write trades from the tester to...
Hi there. My MT4 does not work with Windows 10 Build 10240. The "Common error" is shown at the bottom right corner. I can see the servers being connected but my account just cannot log in. Please advise. regards natronek
[Deleted]
I'm trying to call this function with an array of RSI values to find the EMA but it's not working properly, always return 0.0 no matter which shift I choose. I can ensure the array gets properly filled with correct RSI values It works fine if I make the same exact thing with closing prices Any help...
Hi all, Before all, let me define "first run". From MQL documentation, https://docs.mql4.com/runtime/running Loading and Unloading of Indicators Indicators are loaded in the following cases: an indicator is attached to a chart; (This is first run) terminal start (if the indicator was attached to the...
  MT4 Station  (2)
Hello  with Mt4 station after 2-3 months became very slow and need more time to open charts ..... so I remove it and reinstall , is that right , or there is another way ....?   Thanks  
Hi guys for know if EA is running in tester, I use the IsTesting() function.....it's ok but I want to know the model that the user have set Every tick or Control points or Open price only there is a way to know it?
Hello to all, My EA compiles with no errors but when I do the BackTest the system returns no results, no reports. I have a dough about two parameters of iMA function. They are MA_shift and Shift. Here is the lines of code I'm using: v10_1 = iMA(NULL,PERIOD_M15,10,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); //...
Hello, am a newbie in programming and i had problem in creating a function that auto adjust profit such that when i open an order, StopLoss is(+/-) 50 pips. - for OP_BUY and +  for sell order.  i consider this to be initial stopLoss .  Stoploss should always be 50 pips from current price and...