MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1299

I am wanting to take a 10 EMA and apply it to the Average True Range with a period of 1 (not to be confused with ATR of period 10). Assuming the ATR indicator is the only additional window attached, how can I code the value of the 10 EMA of the ATR (in the ATR indicator window) utilizing the "First
New article Connection of Expert Advisor with ICQ in MQL5 is published at mql5.com: This article describes the method of information exchange between the Expert Advisor and ICQ users, several examples are presented. The provided material will be interesting for those, who wish to receive trading...
[Deleted]
Was there any who can tell me about metatrader history, its creator and its development up to the MetaTrader 5, .. please help me, ..
I'm trying to Gage the type of performance I should shoot for. Just a simple Yes or No answer here would do. Have any programmer here managed to create an EA with the follow results or better? If your answer is Yes, can you specify the PF, MD and Average #Trades per year. Thanks Guys.  Average: 2%...
[Deleted]
  The truth about councillors!  (89   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
I have been studying the MQL4 platform and the available EAs, and I have a question: Are there any automated EAs that work for reals and do not drain the deposit? If anyone knows about them, please share your experience and information
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm new to mql4 coding, and have a problem with output values of indicators when coding my EA, for example stochastics or CCI. I noticed that there is a remarkable difference between the values of an indicator seen on the chart after a backtest and the value the program "read" and use. For...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a startegy when I enter Long when: Close[1] > SMA 20 // ENTER LONG I would like to exit when price close below SMA 20 and below first Close[1] - 10 pips : Close[1] < SMA 20 && Low of the first Close[1] - 10*Points (this one I enter long) My problem is to recall the candle of reference ....
[Deleted]
hi guys, I'm looking for a one-click buy/sell possibility in MT 4 since it's not implemented like in other trading programs. I found the "oneclicker" but that doesn't allow more than one currency pair at the same time - so one has to click through until the wanted pair is reached. Does anybody know...
HI, I need an EA coded for MT4, I have been working on strategy for some time now and am ready to go, however I do not want to trade fx for this one, only commodities. Fairly simple long/short strategy with TP and SL and %automatic rebook, which from what I gather is alot less complicated than the...
New article The Magic of Filtration is published: Most of the automated trading systems developers use some form of trading signals filtration. In this article, we explore the creation and implementation of bandpass and discrete filters for Expert Advisors, to improve the characteristics of the...
im new to mql4.And i started to create an EA based on some customer indicators. What i am looking for is a sloution for below scenario. I use X pips goal per day.lets take it is as 10.and i trade it on in london session(that wrks fine in the code).the issue is the pip goal for a day.lets say the...
[Deleted]
Hi, Hereunder is the code of an EA that don't want to run correctly :( it should work like this : MALx => long EMA (200); x => period MAMx => medium EMA (80) MACx => short EMA (30) Order 1 => buying order and Order 2 => selling order I would like to do a buying order when : Long Ema is going up...
[Deleted]
As I usually am trading and/or testing multiple strategies at one time, I am attempting to write a simple indicator that will display the strategy name in the top right corner of the chart. l Have been thus far successful with the attached code however; I have to hard code the strategy name within...
Hi everyone, can you help me? I wrote an ea of "Breakout strategy", levels of breakout depend from the values of High, Low and Close of the previous bar. How to code this condition? The EA ne hasn't to open new position, but only 1 trade for every signal. Example: Breakout buy: 1,2253 breakout...
[Deleted]
Need help to attach the fap turbo 50 to MT4 . 1. Have downloaded and decompressed the RAR files: FAP-50-1 settings Expert guide 2. Now what do I do? I really appreciate your help.
[Deleted]
Hello MQL Developers: 1) I am a full-time trader. 2) I designed an Excel based prototype trading system that works. 3) The system is not for sale at any price. 4) I cannot share the "entire" system with anyone at anytime. 5) The system took seven (7) years to perfect. 6) I am very happy with the...
New article New opportunities with MetaTrader 5 is published at mql5.com: MetaTrader 4 gained its popularity with traders from all over the world, and it seemed like nothing more could be wished for. With its high processing speed, stability, wide array of possibilities for writing indicators,...
Hi there. Strange thing. I downloaded 2 history charts and was back testing with it happily. I was testing some EA's I found on the net, no problem. Then all of a sudden. Can not find history data. I checked . The data was still there. I downloaded it again, and once more for luck, but I still could
  to the admin  (5)
can't find the admin's details on this website, to the admin: is it possible to get a backup of the info that was on the my thread that you guys deleted yesterday/today (the one with 42% return in 2 months on my live account), i didn't know you'd delete it so i didn't have a chance to back up the...
Hello, I'm trying to perform pairs trading strategy on (eurusd) and (usdchf). One requirmentof pairs trading is to look at the pairs as ONE. That is done by diving eurusd by usdchf (the ratio). Question: How would i go about making a new chart in metatrader that will give me a ratiobetween the...
Hi, Does anyone have a pivot point indicator for Quarterly pivots? (Jan, Feb Mar)(Apr, May Jun)etc. If not, is there someone who can modify the attached yearly indicator to work for quarterly pivots. Thanks
[Deleted]
Overseas time asia session opens 01-00 to 10-00, europe - 07-00 to 16-00 america - 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. There is a slight lull from 23:00 to 01:00. I propose to share my experience who and how uses trading sessions for their own good. Theoretical truth say something like: Asian is the most
[Deleted]
Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would love to look at programming and everyone must start somewhere but I an wondering if anyone can point in the direction of some where? I would like to write a small scalping EA. If any one would like to help in writing it then...
[Deleted]
Hi, I've been searching this forum for the problem, but it seems there's no real solution for this issue... I have a live and numerous demo accounts at MIG. Very frequently, mostly during the nights, it happens that the datastream just stops. The connection on the terminal is indicated to be active,...
New article The algorithm of ticks’ generation within the strategy tester of the MetaTrader 5 terminal is published at mql5.com: MetaTrader 5 allows us to simulate automatic trading, within an embedded strategy tester, by using Expert Advisors and the MQL5 language. This type of simulation is...
In the heiken Ashi loop below, why do they differentiate the array that stores high and low data based on if the candle was bullish or bearish? Why wouldn't they always just have high and low data in the same array? Attached the full version if need to help me :)    while(pos>=0)...
Hi friends here :-$ someone with experience about MetaTrader and VPS can please give a look here http://forexvps.ch/pricing and give me some feedback? Price is ok (for Europe)? Some pos/neg Experience about this company? Thanx and nice evening
  EA CODER  (4)
Can someone help me to code an ea from this indicator SnakeForce.mq4 Trade Rules 1. No buy or sell entry when both side up and down are colored green and red. 2. Buy entry when the first green bar completed without any red bar shows at the bottom. Buy exit when the first red bar completed. This...
  Merging orders  (1)
Hello everyone! I'm new to MetaTraider and MQL and i was wondering if it's possible to merge two or more orders in MetaTraider?