MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1301

[Deleted]
Greetings all, I was about to shoot a msg to the author of the Fann app, but remembered the msg from (here) earlier from the guy who wanted his EA written for him - so I thought that I'd post here first, Here's the set-up [ for those who may/maynot be interested] I added this Fann NN EA to my MT4...
hi everyone first i most say that this forum is very helpful for me thanks for all the members second i can use help i wrote this code & i cant fine the way to get last line into var ReadOrdesrs = FileOpen(Symbol() + "_data.csv",FILE_CSV|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE,','); while...
[Deleted]
Hi, I've created a simple script that buys/sells on a parabolic reversal. During for instance the period between May 20-May 24, the parabolic is downtrending, yet when using the Tester, there are several buy/sell short/cover transactions that occur during this time. I have set the period in the...
[Deleted]
With the advent of History Center, a great many people are coming up with and then optimising their strategies for these quotes. I have the following situation: 1. I ran my strategy on HC history: Profit = 1000 pips 2. I tried my strategy on my brokerage company`s history: Profit = -1000 points. 3
Hello friends How can i find high and low between 5 am uk time to 8 am uk time using mq4? Can you kindly help me with the code plz? Thanks Mohamed
  NormalizeDouble  (5)
Ive been having a problem in my code I think i have it narrowed down to my use of NormalizeDouble, i tested NormalizeDouble to see what its output is with this simple code: double var=1.12345678; Alert)"var= ",var); NormalizeDouble(var,1); Alert("normalizedvar= ",var,1); output is var= 1.1235...
[Deleted]
Hello Traders, want to inform you about my new Tool, OrderFromCahrt EA: http://www.ts-24.net/orderfromchart_metatrader.php#user You can open and close Orders with that tool from cahrt, it makes more fun then using the order sending from from metatrader, wich is so big that you can not ee the chart...
Hi all, i have a few indicators of MT4 that i would like to convert to MT5. I would like that someone could help me out here, gladly appreciated. I'll be waiting for an answer. Regards, OneLegend
[Deleted]
I am sure there is a simple explanation but I would be grateful to anyone who can explain this to me. In the following snippet of code e1 is not initialised with any value simply set up as "double e1". If this is the case how can this calculation work since e1 is dependent on a value of e1 already
[Deleted]
I need to display point and figure charts in MetaTrader. Is anyone insterested in developing this for MetaTrader? Thanks, Keith
[Deleted]
  Will you make an EA for me?  (11   1 2)
After blowing my account because I couldn't watch the market while it was going against me, I thought an EA will help avert that occurrence in the future. The problem is... I cannot code, so I need help. I need a Heiken Ashi EA which will... #1. (be able to) Trade on 1 hour charts (and if possible...
[Deleted]
  Correlation Code  (2)
Hi Everyone, I am new to automated trading and new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone has any code for me to test out correlation trading: If I have two currency pairs that are fairly closely correlation, I would like to go long on one and short on the other when their spread widens and close...
I have an indicator that sets some global variables. I have a few EA's that use the global variables. Will the indicator execute first, then the EA's or are they done at the same time? The EA's are on many different pairs. Thanks -Non.
Greetings to One and All, I'm trying to get an EA to react and respond strictly to indicators and ignore the Opening, High, Low and closing points on bars/candles. Can this be done? If so: how ? Thanks to any and all for any assistance in this matter! (< 8)
  Trading probability  (146   1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15)
It's no secret on this forum that an accurate prediction is impossible (although I won't be so categorical) unlikely, hence the problem statement or rather the previously set problem time_open|direction|close time turns into opening time|direction|(set TP and SL). Now the essence of the question
I'm trying to get the EA to only close out specified trades at the very beginning of each new bar, but it closes out the trades anytime it hits the TP or SL levels. I want it to ONLY act on the indicator level and NOT by the OHLC and ONLY at the beginning of each new bar. I have been using the...
[Deleted]
Как узнать цены OCLH прошлого дня и этого?
The last, almost scandalous, discussion of the source code formatting problem ended with the developers acknowledging the programmer's "right" to write programs the way they want (not the way they think) and promising to finalize the source code formatting settings. Now I've encountered a similar
The development of the MetaTrader 4 Mobile SE has almost been completed. At themoment, we can offer everybody a beta version of the new mobile terminal for smartphones.Download the MetaTrader 4 Mobile SE and take part in the development of the new terminal. Your opinions and commentsare very...
I am back testing a strategy on IBFX and FXCM platforms.. for the same period and the for the same pair.. the results between 2 are very differrent. Only differrence is on FXCM lot size is Mini and IBFX lot size is Micro.. I am not comparing the $ profit numbers.. I am comparing the % factor.. and...
[Deleted]
Sir, I herewith attached a price chart on which I have 1) Firtst moving average with period: 6 shift: 0 MA method: Simple Apply to: Close Color: Dark green 2) Second moving average with period: 4 shift: 0 MA method: Simple Apply to: First indicator's data Color: Deep pink I need a Macd program which
  Strange observation !  (60   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Good afternoon to all ! When testing and optimizing the EURJPY Expert Advisor on the timeframe = H4 I ran into some incomprehension. (to put it mildly)! Outside the optimization period on the forward/backward test the Expert Advisor has shown quite a good result. See the chart. But run in the "back
Does .CSV File Read work in back-test?  I've created a News EA which reads .csv files and places orders. It works fine in forward tests but does not place a single order in back-test. All the resources on this forum talks about writing files in back-test to .csv. I just want to know if its possible.
Where do I file a bug report. Metalang.exe and MetaEditor.exe sometimes moves the error line. I prepare an example on when this happens. #property library #define NSECTIONS 4 string A[NSECTIONS] = {"A","B","C","D"}; int du my; // Error shows on correct line. string B[NSECTIONS] = { "A",...
[Deleted]
HI, For an EA that I'm developing, I would like to move the StopLoss when a Take Profit is executed. In this EA, each time i am doing an order, i take 3 differents orders with different take profit (TP1, TP2 and TP3) and the same SL (for example 20 pips) I would like to move the SL when the TP1 is...
I've literally spent HOURS trying to find the imbalanced parenthesis error. I put all of it into Word and it confirms it with a count of: 300 for the Left parenthesis ( and 296 ) Right hand parenthesis I've removed all extra ones that I added for mathematical grouping and priorities and anything and
[Deleted]
I rarely use Global Variables - https://docs.mql4.com/globals - and recently became interested in them for their ability to persist across optimization runs in Strategy Tester. My question is regarding the persistence of global variables - do they live on after strategy tester ends the optimization?...
  auto trail EA  (3)
can some one help me to see why this ea's trail stop not working properly
  negative balance  (87   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
How is it possible that the balance could go into deficit