MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1274

[Deleted]
Hi all, I would like to be informed when an order hits its SL or TP price specified during the OrderSend (). Which function should I use? Or which method am I called back when it happens? Please advice. Thanks.
I have a demo account to which I have added a Forex EA which appears to operating correctly. The manual shows the 'Expert Advisors' button being clicked and the settings adjusted. I cannot get the button to open a drop down list like is shown in the manual. I have attached a copy of the relevent...
[Deleted]
Hello everybody, I'm looking for help as I just buy new laptop with Windows 7 on. I tried to install MT4 but I've got an error message : File not found (but everything is ok with the file) so if you got some great ideas to help me it'll be really usefull. Thanks by advance, Best regards, Benoit
[Deleted]
i want a pending order based on the open order suppose i have a buy order at 1000, i want 2 limit buys one at 10 pips below the buy order and othe at 20 pips below the buy order can any one help me plz
[Deleted]
  Automated Trade  (1)
Hi, I am newbie to this community as well as forex trading, kindly help me. Actually i am looking for the programing side to pick up the candle position in the chart window, to match with the various indicators. If any strong in programming side just help me or else guide I can make it.. Thanks...
hi, i am trying to retrieve the time at which a (pending) order was placed. take, for example, a buy stop order placed at some time XXX. now, when the market reaches the entry price the trade is activated. the time at which this happens is accessible through OrderOpenTime(). is there any way of...
I get a bunch of OrderSend130's and don't know why! Can anyone shed light? I didn't include the CloseAll() method because it would just distract. I'm getting errors from the opening of the orders and it's only opening half the time it should be. Thanks all! int Symbol.magic=90022; extern double...
hi i have a question about reading Bid value inside script, which is run with infinite loop. When i run this script: int start()  {   while(true)   {      Print("Bid:",Bid);      Sleep(10000);   }   return(0);  } it takes Bid value from the moment when script was started, and isnt refreshing it....
[Deleted]
  Weird problem  (2)
When I run a backtest the strategy tester opens and closes positions over the current period high. For example. #6 buy 0.10 EURUSD at 1.30837 1.30837 EURUSD M1 2010.08.02 03:36 Open: 1.30823 High: 1.30827 Low: 1.30821 Close 1.30822 It does that on MT4 and MT5, on both of my 2 computers and...
In conducting some walk forward optimizations i'm looking for an efficient yet easy objective function to dictate which settings were the "best". By default MT4 gives you, Profit, Profit Factor, DD$, Expected Payoff, DD%, and Total Trades. By themselves, none of them are mind blowing as an...
[Deleted]
HI, I am trying to add an exponential Moving Average of the lows to the chart using the custom indicators function. However, the system doesn't allow this. I am on a demo account, by the way. Please guide me. Thank you
  mql4 array size limitation  (11   1 2)
I'm trying to initialize a global array double set[2][8][2][8][100000]; but I get the following compiling error: '100000' - too large dimension What gives? I thought i read somewhere that mql4 allows for up to eight dimensions in arrays.
[Deleted]
Hello,There were a couple of articles posted on this site about using neural networks, more specifically fann2mql, when creating EA's. The articles had links on where to down load the library so that it would work with mql4 but the download does not seem to work. Does anyone know where else I could...
Hi members, A professional C++ programmer needed to write MT plug-ins . Please send me PM . Thanks
Hi everyone, Im working with VT trader and XTB trader for some time, but now Im looking for some alternative. Can anyone suggest some another alternative? Thank you very much
[Deleted]
Hello, I have a small query, If I change the magic number of EA will it affect the execution of trade?? example of original magic number: 20045719 I changed to 20045720 last two digits I changed (increased) what will happen in this case? will it execute immd or will delay? please guide me thanx...
[Deleted]
I download .hst data - which ends up in the.../virtual/... file store for Windows 7 MT4, rather than under ...\Program Files\... The download of the .dat data successful and the .hst files are generated with the correct names. However, no matter where I move the .hst files the tester is unable to...
Hi, Is there any way to delete a pending order that doesn't require the additional step of having the 'confirm delete' order window appear ?. I'm using the " DROP_DELETE_PENDING.mq4 " script by 'blackhawk', but would like it to just go ahead and delete the order as soon as the script is launched....
New article MetaTrader 5 and MATLAB Interaction is published at mql5.com: This article covers the details of interaction between MetaTrader 5 and MatLab mathematical package. It shows the mechanism of data conversion, the process of developing a universal library to interact with MatLab desktop. It...
  Aligator EA  (5)
Hallo ...   Ist there any simple EA based on the Bill Williams Alligator Indicator that buys when the three line crossing up and sells if it crossing going down and also with SL and TP ? Can anybody help ? I would also like to backtest this EA.
[Deleted]
Anyone using any proprietary EA's and how do they perform in terms of profitability and ease of use?
I am trying to run a strategy in the tester but it will only run the test for 1 month at a time. For exampl, when I select 01 Jan to 01 July, it only runs the test for 01 Jan t0 28 Jan. Any ideas on a solution? I downloaded the history for the pair but it says I already have all the history.
i want this indicator to show the text price above the candle. what is worng with this coding
Hi everyone, I have been trying to solve this problem on my own but I just cant get it done. I want to linkup MetaTrader4 and Ninjatrader so I can use my Ninjastrategy in MT4 because my Broker does not permit Ninjatrader. I programmed a toll for the Ninjatrader which writes the Orders into the...
[Deleted]
I short USDJPY @ 86.583 n placed a stop loss @ 86.628 but to my surprise the stop loss triggered even b4 the price hit the level. When i check the high it did was only 86.612. Does interbank taking its clients for ride?
Hello all, I'm fairly new around here but I'd like to know if anyone has found the same results as I have: Trading Moving Average Crosses is not working, in any regard. Not with EMA, SMA, 1 average or 5 different averages. But I have found success with this - using a chart shift of 1 and using the...
Im looking for somebody who will create an EA, it is very simple using only limit orders and take profit with increasing lot. For example, i need EA that will put limit orders in both sides every 50 pips with TP 35 and increasing lot as starting lot(for example 0.01,0.02,0.03,0.04... if it starts...
[Deleted]
Hello is there anyone that knows the code of how to sum up all your trades and return the value of all your open orders position sizes and add them together.... for example if I had two open orders of 0.5 and 0.4 .... the EA would return that I have 0.9 in total positions ... I would like it to...
does anyone know the order in which the parameters count in the optimisation process? here are some results I get and they seem to be counting backwards. 1 38.46 72 1.18 0.53 188.35 17.90% SLFirst=2680 SLMove=160 EntryLevel=1 2 81.09 99 1.46 0.82 145.98 13.87% SLFirst=2180 SLMove=110 EntryLevel=1...
[Deleted]
spread at 27 PIPS LOOK FILE WITH PHOTO