MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1279

That's exactly right: people need to learn to QUIT. Anything in life can be PARDON but if you cannot quit, you will have to pay eventually. It is like begging for death, creating unecessary defeat. FOREX is like that. OVERTRADING is something we all need to learn to quit. Don't do it for fun! Forex
  Need Help on EA.  (8)
Hello, I need help from anybody. I ran an EA on EUR/USD; GBP/USD and USD/CHF with demo account. It was great. However, when TP, GBP/USD and USD/CHF shows record in the account history but EUR/USD didn't. I don't know why. I really appreciate if anyone can help and tell me why?. Thank you in...
How is Statistical Models programmed and tested for retail Forex? I cannot find the answer to this simple question anywhere on-line. I cannot even get a direct answer for a definition of Statistical Models in FOREX. Somebody who know how this strategy works please help.. I'm begging you...Lol.
[Deleted]
I'm having a problem in my hedge EA and would like someone to help me. When a request arrives SELLSTOP or BUYSTOP (hedge), EA has to remove the Take Profit of first order, but does not remove! Someone please help me in code base: NAL_NONE 0 #define SIGNAL_BUY 1 #define SIGNAL_SELL 2 #define...
[Deleted]
Sorry, That was a typo. I didn't copy and paste that code from my ea. It was supposed to be this; double BotBand1 = NormalizeDouble(iEnvelopes(NULL,0,FastMAPeriod,MODE_SMA,0,PRICE_MEDIAN,Bot1,MODE_LOWER,1),5); double TopBand1 = NormalizeDouble(iEnvelopes(NULL,0,FastMAPeriod,MODE_SMA,0,PRICE_MEDIAN...
[Deleted]
Hi Pors. How large a maximum drawdown(in percent) is generally acceptable to you? Do you have a guideline?
Hey, I need to find a way to calculate the pip movement of the pair for the last x seconds, for instance the last 5 seconds. I know I should do something with Time[] as it is in seconds, but not sure how to structure this, please help! Thanks
hello Mql Team, it is possible, that you programing a indicator, which shows the market position. Is the market long or short ? Thanks
I'm trying to figure out how to make a (compact, low overhead, efficient) module that at a specified time, will set a Stop Loss Point relative to the Current Price for all open, active trades; set Trailing Stop Losses and then close the EA. I would prefer that it not be a Library file as their is...
  This what i mean  (3)
Do not be surprised that thesame question is rased by keylove we are thesame. Assuming am using ema5 and 21. before place buy i will makesure that ema5>ema21on 1hour timeframe when new candle formed on 1hour then 1 will stead wait for newcandle to form on 5mins timeframe when ema5.ema21 before i...
  help is needed.  (1)
please i want to enter trade base on this sstrategy in thesame EA and i do not know how to do it. when a new candle formed on 1hour, i wiil  wait till a new candle form on 5mins before i place a trade.Where am having problem  is i do not know how to code it in a single EA i can code the one of 1hou...
  NFA bans locking from 15 May 2009  (441   1 2 3 4 5 ... 44 45)
The NFA (National Futures Association) has banned hedging operations in the financial markets since May 15, 2009. A message like this came in: New NFA Hedging Policy *******, along with all FCM's, has received information from the NFA that we wanted to pass along to our customers. All registered
Hi all experts, This code does work but very erratically. Quite often when the conditions below are met i.e Ask >= buyprice, this block is entered but the ORDERSEND command does not process the order! I have checked it enters by looking at the new values of 'newcandle' which only change when it...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, we've published the new article: The Complexity of Transition to MetaTrader 5. It describes the difficulties that developers of Expert Advisors may face during the transition to the new platform. Read the article to learn the effect of the...
Hi !! Sorry if the question is a little trivial. Is there a difference in the way these statements are executed/interpreted in mql4 or are they the same thing? if (shorttime==stable){if...
I don't know where to ask this question, but it's a general MT4 question rather than a MQL4 question. I can only open the EURUSD chart on my MT4 installation. Doing the chart+ button thing only shows EURUSD. Doing File->New Chart also only shows EURUSD. Ideas? I know the simple solutions (like...
New article Testing Performance of Moving Averages Calculation in MQL5 is published at mql5.com: A number of indicators have appeared since the time of first Moving Average indicator creation. Many of them use the similar smoothing methods, but the performances of different moving averages...
[Deleted]
hello everybody well im kind a newbie in forex and also en metatrader. today i found something very odd i work in both the metatrader (4.226) y and the MQL4 fxcm station i left an oder to close in certain price n the chart, yesterday night well now i see that according to the mql4 station i made a...
[Deleted]
For example, what I'd like to type is something like... if (marketposition == long) {} How do you do this? Anyone?
Just wonder if anyone can help me on this code #property indicator_separate_windowdouble PosBuffer[];int init()  {   SetIndexBuffer(1,PosBuffer);  }int start()  {double sumn=0.0;sumn=PosBuffer[0];IndicatorShortName("FXST3CCI(" +sumn+ ")");                  } Does anyone know how and where PoshBuffer...
[Deleted]
Dear all, I do not know if I can post indicator attachments, if not please my apologise. I need your help on developing an expert advisor that provide me an alert signal when the attached indicator changes it's color. The indicator is based on RSI and I have tried to do it but I was unable. If...
hi, i am working on a number of expert advisers and running them all in parallel on a demo account. at some times i have quite a few orders executed in parallel and it is rather difficult, without referring back to the logs all the time, to ascertain which EA initiated each of the orders. ideally i...
[Deleted]
Hi All, This is my first post so please be kind. I've done a search of the forum and can't seem to find anyone else who has had the same problem. the issue is that my first program that I've ever written in MQL4 is that start() does not execute. (Code is Below) Could someone please take a look at...
RSI over MA with a ATR% stoploss I'm just interested in how much this EA would cast to be made. values i need to be able to change Lots RSIPeriod MA_Period AtrPeriod stoploss% of ATR takeprofis % of ATR how many orders at the same time the buy and sell order in is fairly straight forward when...
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| STEP TRADER | //| Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| http://www.metaquotes.net/ |...
  iClose bug  (2)
I have found a bug on iClose function. If you ask for iClose(x,0,0) where x is another symbol different that the current symbol you will always get iOpen(x,0,0) value instead, EVEN if iTime(x,0,0) < iTime(NULL,0,0). I have only checked it on D1 time-frame with Open Prices model in backtester. Could...
New article Processing of trade events in Expert Advisor using the OnTrade() function is published at mql5.com: MQL5 gave a mass of innovations, including work with events of various types (timer events, trade events, custom events, etc.). Ability to handle events allows you to create completely new...
Hi, New to meta trader4, & all seems to be well except in my chart screen it says (error getting data to server) what does that mean? I shoul mention that i am running an expert advisor aswell. any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers, H
[Deleted]
Anyone have a good formula to calculate lot size based on risk taking into account the stoploss?