MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1271

How should the line be if i want to say: If Bar1 >= 0 and Bar1 <= 0.0004 - just an example I have tried with this but it doesn't work. Compile error if (Bar1 > 0 || Bar1 == 0) && (Bar1 < 0.0004 || Bar1 == 0.0004) Have tried this as well but same problem. Compile error if Bar1 >= 0 && Bar1 <=0.0004...
Hi, I'm not a programmer, so be gentle. I'm trying to close out trades when conditions are met, so: if (A < B) - in this case close out BuyTrades till A is no longer less than B. But the thing runs away and closes as many trades as it wants to or can - so it overshoot my targets and I get nuked....
I would like to request the following items be incorporated into MT products. 1. Price Per Point value - in the event the coder wants to know on the fly how much it would cost on a particular chart from a particular vendor given the client currency and the charts currency. So a function...
[Deleted]
using normalizedouble on eg: 0.667 to 2 places gives 0.67 is there a simple way to always ensure that round down occurs? other than writing a function with value and decimal places actuals eg; fred(double d,int digits) if used 'fred' maybe is like this: a = fred(0.667,3); and fred does:...
I want to learn more 'bout MQL I have searched for some book to give me more clear instruction . I am not sure Is there any of them or not? what I have found here the maunual in this website is quite clear but, I had no basic of Programing. a day I found this book : Expert Advisor Programing...
Hi, I have 2 pending orders, a buy_stop in price a, and a sell_stop in price b. I want each one of pending orders automatically closes when another one executes. I mean buy_stop pending order closes automatically when sell_stop pending order executes, and vice versa. how can I do it in mq4? Thanks...
Im looking for a copy of this seemingly difficult old classic. Would there be any available PDF's floating here, I would appreciate this help. Randy
[Deleted]
it is my first ea, it works on the back testing but does not work on live. why any suggestions? it's make money on the back teting i hope it will do the same at the reall market thank yall...
[Deleted]
  Generating HTML  (1)
Is there any way to create a custom HTML document from within an indicator or EA?
Hi, Is it possible to code multi currency indicator? I tried iClose but it returns 0 for all currencies except the one the indicator attached to. Whats the proper way to do it? Thanks
My EA didn't send Buy order and can't run on Demo, but backtesting is okay... Why? Please help Here is code //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| MACDSingle order.mq4 | //| Copyright ฉ 2010,...
[Deleted]
I have an idea in my mind that i wish to test out,am wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with it. I wish to call upon ATR period 14 function,if the open - closing of the candlestick is greater than the ATR value(doesn't matter it's going up or going down,as long as the absolute value...
[Deleted]
MT4 shows its own tab on task bar. how to not show this tab on task bar. thank you Mr. Koboi
[Deleted]
I am trying to follow instructions to make MetaTrader4 compatible with my Mac Book Pro laptop, but I can't seem to find the programme(quartz-wm) on TWO MAC INSTALLaTION DISKS to start the process. The term quartz-wm doesn't seem to appear anywhere in their list of items on either disks. How do I
[Deleted]
hello, I try to login metatrader 4 with my trader password but it says public key is not found. I can login with my investor password but could not trade. How can I fix this problem? Although it is a demo account I really need to use it. Thank you very much...
[Deleted]
I have a job for a programmer to write an EA based solely on the Awesome Oscillator. Any takers? I would need to know your experience and an estimate for the job after I've given you the details.
[Deleted]
Hi, In a theoretical situation: In a 1min bar, no activity occurs. The next bar opens. Even though no tick has occured, does the start()? function run when the new bar opens? This is important in programming forme.
[Deleted]
I'm having trouble converting the RSI indicator to Python. The main difference between my function and the RSI indicator is that my function is called everytime a new line of a history data file is appended to totalArray (nested list with values [datetime,o,h,l,c,v]). I can't seem to pinpoint the...
Recently I came across a signal like this, which indicates a possible trend reversal. I liked it a lot. I wouldn't trade on it exclusively (except scalp, but I don't do that), but it's good as an additional tool. I may have the nerve to ask - may be there is a kind soul who will translate it into
just started to learn and experiment with mql. here is the problem, for example i put onto charts lets say Moving Average and other indicators and my EA how can i find out through my expert advisor what is current MA price, or any other param of any other indicator? i could copy paste source code
Many times I lose connection with my broker. I dont know when extern variables are loaded into PC MEMORY. What are differences between EXTERN VARIABLE and VARIABLE initalized under init() function ? I would like to know when the SETTINGs of EXTERN VARIABLEs are SETS and RESETS ? When I restart the...
[Deleted]
The simple answer is to ask... I have and my enquiries get 'lost' So I come here where the pro's are ;) In a nutshell, I do not wish to mix history data from more than one source... Would like to use terminals history center's download button. A 'Download Warning' msg states: As I understand it,...
Hello friends this is checkmail and am a bit less experienced in the mql4 language, so want help in form of an EA. Am having some awesome indicators that works well for me till now, so now want to create an EA based on it. Though there are many complex indicators, I want to try an simple indicator...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I ask your help regarding the issue that arises when I nest an if condition inside another if condition: the code does not do what is contained within the second condition, even when the condition is true. I tried to reverse the order of the conditions (the first if replaces the
Hello everyone, I am new here, so I need a experienced trader to tell me this: I know how to use "OrdersTotal" function to return the value of all orders (opening+pending), But how to return the value of those only the pending orders? I need to know how many buystop/sellstop orders I have while...
  basiaforex  (4)
Hi, exelent work-nik_psar_2b they can write a ea ? they look at eur/usd - m1 parabolic step 0.04 max 0.5 so long werner
New article How to Create Your Own Trailing Stop is published at mql5.com: The basic rule of trader - let profit to grow, cut off losses! This article considers one of the basic techniques, allowing to follow this rule - moving the protective stop level (Stop loss level) after increasing position...
[Deleted]
Hello I have a unique trading system (Expert Advisor) Full Day Trader 1 Full Day Trader works on all trading instruments 2 Full Day Trader suitable for any broker (on test Alpari) 3 Full Day Trader to trade all day and does not depend on the spread and ... TF = D1 Broker - any Deposit - any Pair -...
[Deleted]
i am getting this error time after time when running an EA on a demo account. can anybody tell for what reasons this happens? thank you mario
I was wondering if Meta Quotes was ever planning add other time frames other than the standard M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, D1, W1, M1. How can I go about requesting additional time frames like other non-MT4 or MT5 brokers are doing? I really would like to see 2 hour, 8 hour, and 12 hour time frames...