MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1255

Is there a "simple" way to compute, bar-by-bar, the average of a buffer? My custom indicator returns a double value for every bar on the chart. Starting with the first bar on the left, I'd like to average all the data in the buffer for the amount of bars, e.g. on the first bar, return an average...
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I gotta start somewhere.. I am running MT4 and an EA on a VPS. Problem is that sometimes when I re-login to the VPS there are 2 sessions active and I have to choose 1. I have to reboot the VPS to fix it. Yesterday this was a problem...
Hello, If I wish to backtest some behavior how can I add any commodity or currency to my metatrader? Example, beans information and backtest some EA just for evaluation, how to do it? I don't care about the broker I just want to make some tests. Thanks Paulo
in simple way ? For example: x^3 ? in the other way (x*x*x) ?
i made an ea.assume its trades only between 8.00am (gmt) and 9.00am (gmt). in that period if i hv trade an order manually by myself on same pair then it wont executes its trades. i set also the magic number which is not 0 (like 1234).so pls guys help me to solve this issue
For learning purpose for example, I'd like to know if MT4 server is available somehow like MT4 client ?
Hi, I have programmed a customised indicator. Everythink works perfekt but the last buffer isn't drawn and I can't understand why! First try:    BuyBuffer[k] = (WL+WS)/2;   if(SumBuffer[k]>WL)   if(Sum2Buffer[k]<WL)      {       BuyBuffer[k] = EMPTY_VALUE;            } So everything works fine. I...
Sorry if this question is basic but I'm newbie. All source code I saw seems to refresh indicator for every tick, whereas I want to do so only when a period is just finished so how to do so ?
[Deleted]
i am building a expert advisor and i need to introduce the indicator ( TrendRSI_v3 ) in expert. please someone help me in the conditions of the buy and sell i did it this way but not working double TrendRsi_Up = iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendRSI_v3",RSIPeriod,EMAPeriod,ATRPeriod,K,1,0);...
Hi, Im trying to put together my first expert advisor but ran into an issue that I cant seem to get around. Like most EA's I have my entries and exits based on some criteria, the problem Im having is that criteria may become TRUE several ticks into a candle and remain true for the duration of that...
This goes out to the few successful traders and system builders: I am looking for a full automated forex-system. The best would be an expert advisor for MetaTrader. It is not important that it makes thousands of pips. Much more important is stability and continuity. A system with a smoothly...
Indicator is limited to 8 chanels this may not be enough so I'd like to be able to add as well as remove new indicator programmatically is this possible
[Deleted]
Hi I want to add to my EA option of stopping and starting by time . I mean : 1 . start time of trading 2. stop time of trading 3. closing all open positions at stop time (never mind win or loss ) thanks
[Deleted]
Any of you rocket scientists know how to call and plot this function ?
[Deleted]
hello every one.. i want to put indicator stoch to ea, but don't know how to get the value of 2 lines.. the stoch have 2 lines : red and blue line.. i am using code like this: int start() { double stochh=iCustom(NULL,0,"Stochastic",2,1); double stochl=iCustom(NULL,0,"Stochastic",3,1);...
[Deleted]
Hello All, sorry to bother anyone here, but I need help. As for the expert advisor, there is like 'Moving Average' for Auto Trading to Buy / Sell. However, I can't seem to find Auto Stop Loss and Auto Target Price. When double click there're 'Common' (For Setting up Auto Buy/Sell according to the...
[Deleted]
  Free EA - SteadyWinner V3  (19   1 2)
I am the coder of SteadyWinner. V3 (for small Accounts) is now released. V3 has a lot of improvement and is more profitable. V2: stoploss=200, takeprofit=50, trailing stop=20, trading 2% and 4% of the account balance V3: stoploss=50, takeprofit=12, trailing stop=10, tradng only 2% of the account...
New article Protect Yourselves, Developers! is published: Protection of intellectual property is still a big problem. This article describes the basic principles of MQL4-programs protection. Using these principles you can ensure that results of your developments are not stolen by a thief, or at...
Hello. My statement is not showing the balance graph. Instead I get a black image. Does anyone know what must I do to correct this?
[Deleted]
I have been testing a fairly intensive EA on a live micro account and the recent volatility has been putting the EA through it's paces. It stacks orders and on stong moves can accumulate a large number of open positions each of which then has a stop loss trailed. This is resulting in a high volume...
This other post about twitter posting from an EA gave me an idea on how to remotely monitor my EA's performance while I'm at work without clogging up my inbox. Instead of littering my EA with various calls to send email or post to web on every branch of my MM subroutine, though, I'd prefer to find...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a dealer account which is attached with many client accounts. I want to write a script which will place the order in every client account depending upon account balance and other status. Is it possible to retrieve the account information related to dealer's terminal. Thanks, Alok.
Is it possible for an EA to either disable or remove itself after closing a trade
[Deleted]
Hey Guys, I would appreciate i if someone can add codes to the code below to enable the EA work with 5 -digits brokrs. Thanks advance. Malk //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| 10points 3.mq4 | //|...
[Deleted]
Hi every body I am a new mql4 programmer. please help me How can I select all open orders (for example 5) and close all of them immidiately? Thanks for your cooperation
i did all i know to turn on the default expert advisor (moving average) but i still failed tools > options > enable expert allow live trading allow DLL allow external experts import (all ticked) in addition to EA play button (on on) what is the problem
[Deleted]
hallo . i have a basic problem . for start neuron parameter i need for example a b c parameter . now after condition i will get d and e . let say a b c is close[1] ma(50) ma(20) d is parameter i will get after close candle > a point . so it could be after n (maybe 1 2 or 30) bars or will not at all
[Deleted]
Dear Fellow traders, First of all I am all new to the forum, so please bare with me, secondly English is not my first language, again please bare with me. The following strategy I used for the last month (sep) on the EU gave me a nice steady profit (1195%) on a small live account (no demo). No big...
I've been looking for the last week to find some type of code to add market orders at regular intervals during the trend. I was wondering if there is anyone that has some code that will do this that i could use. I've been learning mql for awhile now....but i haven't found anything that i can learn...
[Deleted]
I have a ROC price indicator. How simple is it to change the instrument from price to ATR indicator? So that the new indicator monitors the ROC of the ATR? Code: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ROC...