General - page 1974

Show days  (3)
Where is showdays in metatrader 4 ?
this Indicator provoque a crash error on Euro H4 charts although it does not on the H1 charts : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| You Better Play it - Long Or Short.mq4 | //| //|...
  Other markets...  (1)
In MQ 3 there was a lot more symbols, in Fx and outside Fx... Any plans to improve this in short term for MQ 4? Thanx :)
i use the version 3 of the api , i have already a code example that works with quotes streaming but i want to retrieve all the quotes at the same time when the program starts and only after use the streaming for quotes changes ... i tried GetPrices() function but when the market is closed this...
  Other Symbols  (1)
How I can add EPZ4, ENQZ4, CLZ4, and GOLD symbols in metatrder 4 ?
Is there a way to change the color of a single candle in MT4? Thanks in Advance
  A few requests on MT4  (91   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Would like to see in future builds of MT4 (I have 130 as of today): General: - Bind price line colour to text or (even better) user selectable. - why no horizontal indicator lines (25-50-75) e.g. stochastic? Place orders: - return the usual names "buy" and "sell", but in a slightly larger and bolder
Hi, How long before back testing might be available? An estimate? Based on how things are going, what is your estimate on how long before your clients upgrade their servers to 4? Thanks, FXT Associate http://currency.stockjunction.com
  zigzag indicator  (1)
Slawa, would be so kind to install it in your site so we can download? many tks in advance.
Hi, There still seems to be a problem with the 'extern string' side of things. It appears that if the string is initialized using either: extern string stuff; or extern string stuff = ""; the user input screen will allow you to input a string but 'stuff' will not be assigned to the value that is...
  Learning MQL  (2)
Hi, I'm completely new to MetaTrader so rather than starting off with "how do i do ... " i feel my first post should rather be: is there a decent prg reference and/ or tutorial available for learning MQL. tia Fermin DCG
I have been thinking of reasons why MetaTrader is not so popular among big brokers. This question popped up in my mind when I was trying to collect the list of MetaTrader-compatible brokers. It was disappointed to find out that there is no big broker that use MT platform. Having a quick look at...
Hi, I've been having some problems with assigning variables to arrays. If an attempt is made to compile the following: 1. double signal01 = 0.4; 2. double signal02 = 0.7; 3. double results[] = {0.4, 0.7}; // No Problems... 4. 5. double results01[] = {signal01, signal02};...
Build 141 1. Updated initialization and modification string parameters. 2. In MQL4 updated StringSetChar() function. 3. In MQL4 added new function - AccountLeverage(). 4. Show ASK line option property expanded to all charts. 5. In MQL4 updated working While fuction.
Hi, I've been playing around with functions and various ways of returning variables in MQL 4. One thing I do a lot of in several other programming languages I use is return arrays to the calling code. Is it possible to return arrays or only single variables? I presume that the returning of arrays...
1."Tools----History center----- import " can't use?! 2."File----Open offline-------open" can't use
Hi, I've been playing with MQL 4 now and all seems to be well - in fact it looks great! Just wondering though, does anyone have an idea as to when the trading simulator part of MetaTrader 4 is due for release?
Build 140 1. In Parabolic SAR stored 4 digits instead 2 digits. 2. Updated MathPow function. 3. Updated custom indicators reinitialization. 4. Added show ASK line property. 5. Updated EMPTY_VALUE constant declaration. 6. Updated CFD profit calculation. 7. Updated days' bars creation for...
Hello, is there any page where i can find a list of Forex brokers which will update to Metatrader 4? Thanks, Miguel
  Magic number?  (2)
Hi, Does anyone know what the 'magic number' in an order refers to?
I think I've discovered a problem with the MQL function "StringFind()" in MetaTrader 4. When running the following code: endIndex = StringFind("abcdefg abcdefg","d",9); Print(endIndex); return(0); I get the error: "invalid integer number as parameter 1 for StringFind...
Just wondering if there is any way of checking whether the contents of a single string variable or string array element has been assigned a value? A statement such as: anyArray[10]; if (anyArray[6] == johnny) etc.etc returns a "not initialized string in array" error. A 'Print(anyArray[6]);'...
Build 138 1. Updated "Color pick" Tool in Expert Advisor Wizard 2. Updated History Pumping properties after reconnection 3. Function RefreshRates() return "true" by real history updating 4. Updated StringFind() function 5. More detailed answers by order confirmation are implemented 6. Updated...
Hi All I am new in this forume but I Realy need your kind asistance in writing a simple sintence of MQL code. I need to write a code that will give me the 30 minute chart high, low, and close inorder to use them in the devlopment of my new tarding system. Looking forward to hear from any one of...
Greetings all, I am trying to calculate a formula that will allow 5% of account equity to be used as lots size. So on a 10k account it would set a lot size of 0.5 lots, 50k acc would be 2.5 lots etc...... This is the formula. Levv = MathAbs((AccountEquity()*Perc/100/100)/10); Perc is declared...
Thought it might be a good idea to have a bug report list per version? Well, here's the (possible) first for build 137... If the following piece of code is run, the output is as follows: string splitArray[]; Print("ArraySize: " + ArraySize(splitArray)); Print("splitArray(0): " +...
This topic will inform you about current MetaTrader 4 Build. You can download new build from following link: "MetaTrader 4 trading terminal"
  Charts  (1)
Hello, What about the charts????? Close and open price must be the same. Funny charts...Please make corection!!! How Expert can work on base of this charts???? Thanks Vlad
Incomplete implementation of StrToTime() (1) The following MT4 command does not work: var1 = StrToTime("2003.8.12"); // returns with current time (a) I am using StrToTime in the following MT4 function: int Now() // Creates current PC DateTime { int iNow; string sNow; //Need to format as...
  Trailing Stop  (6)
Hello, Could you please start Trailing Stop (TS) - 5 points, 10 points, 15...from your server. I can make my Expert Advisors program with Trailing Stop 5, but if i'm closing my computer Expert is not working. Who is using 300 points TS in Forex? How is working you TS? It is posible to make TS...