General - page 1834

Anyone have this indicator or know how it works?
Hi All, I'm having a problem where the profit seems to be calculated incorrectly on every trade in the Strategy Tester. For example, the EA opened a SELL order at 1.8643 on GBPUSD and the order was closed at 1.8553, which is supposed to be a profit of 90 pips, or $90 with a 0.1 lot size. However,...
  To all members.  (18   1 2)
Dear Menbers, I have a question for all you guys that have been trading forex for a while, buy while I mean over a year. I am new at this so please bare with me. I would like to get reponses from you experienced trades. I recently got a mail from a friend to a website. http://netpicks.typepad...
[Deleted]
  Hi all  (2)
Hi. Some of you know me from other forums. For those that don't know me my name is Jason (aka jnrtrading). I see some of you have been using my indicators. I hope they're bringing you some good trades.
When will this module be release?, and will it support EA trading?
  Visual Testing  (1)
I made updating for version 198 of Metatrader, when I executed the Visual Testing option , in the chart appeared message “WAITING FOR UPDATING” and it did not return to work. is necessary to make some setting previous so that fincione this option?
HI Guys, Can you please tell me how can I define the color change in an EA...Like some indicators displays diff colours depending on the trend. How can I write this in EA,...Basically i am trying to make an EA based on Triggerlines..Please Help Thanks Babar
I noticed that when I change the option of using Money Management in my EA under test to TRUE in the last updated version of Meta Trader 4 Build 198 (12 Oct 2006)that the back test performs the first buy or sell and then stop making any new results. I tested the same expert on my other plateform MT4...
MetaTrader 4 build 198 has been released. What's new: 1. Fixed sorting and choice of access points of the trade server. 2. Improved working of the terminal through Data Centers. 3. Fixed Expert initialization error when there is no connection. 4. Improved the way of how the deleted chart...
Looking for an alert that will play a custom .wav file when the RSI crosses above 50 and when the RSI crosses below 50....anything out there?
I have recorded some data using the ticks collector, but I attached the expert to the H1 chart so I only have recorded ticks that are sliced into 1 hour candles. I am asking if there is a method that could allow me converting this recorded H1 data into H4 data? The output file is .fxt extension, I...
Does the EA require an open application? Will EA run normally although the application is closed (not minimized)? Thanks
  MT4 LAMM Module  (2)
I believe Met is coming out with the MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal (equal to PAMM) in a few months. Are there any plans to make a Lot allocation module? PAMM can be pretty restricted especially for investors whom have thrown money into a pool and have apetites for different risk/money management. So...
  MT4 is down?  (1)
MT4 is down?
Hi all, Kind of new to Forex and would like to know the ECN/NDD brokers please. Thanks SyedForex
  Elliot Wave Indicator....  (13   1 2)
Hi Guys, I am looking for an Elliot Wave indicator with actually displays and numbers 1,2,3,4,5 and A,B,C on the chart..... Thanks Babar
Hi All, I hope I'm not asking something that has been discussed many times before.. Can anyone tell me why the strategy tester would calculate the profits incorrectly as in the attached report ? For example: Trade1 Sell at 1.8687 Stoploss at 1.8745 This should show a loss of -58, but the startegy...
  Elwave Software  (2)
I read a post some time ago of someone who was using metatrader to trade the signals that were coming out of the Elwave Software. Does anyone have any idea as to how this could be done? For my purposes a simple alert to my phone would suffice. Thanks in Advance Randy
Does anybody can help me to make an EA based on this indicator? These are the rules :- Open Sell signal :- +Red dotted(SHI_SilverTrendSig)=true +Only open position on "openprice" of next candle and the "openprice" must be lower then "highest price" dotted candle. *optional : close position/buylimit...
I got an update that I havn't run yet. 198 I know that going from 195 to 197 changed things and made some ea's perform not so good. I am a little warry about installing an update now. Any body installed the new update yet? Any comments? what are the differances. Dave
Hello in all. For two months, I read, I read again all the messages which speak about E.A on MT4. I downloaded at least 15 E.A. I have never found the good E.A Today I give you a strategy for one E.A different from all what one connait. I I do not know how to make program, but if somebody is capable...
Hello, I think I'm seeing a bug with bld 197 and profiles. To reproduce: 1. open mt4 2. close all charts, etc. 3. open 3 new charts and add a few indicators to them 4. save a new profile. 5. close mt4 6. re-open and the same profile should be listed 7. close the charts 8. change profiles (new charts...
its look like a thomas bulkowskis bump and run reversal!!! isnt it? lets try in macroscopic trends guys!!!
Hi Slawa, I wanted to ask you another question if this is ok: Is it absolutely necessary to refer to the IsTradeAllowed() function in my EA if I am only running 1 EA on 1 computer ? Thanks again. Regards RJF
:whistling What moves the forex market? It's people's speculations that move the market! The news don't move the market, and the graphs don't move the market! It's people speculating on those news and people speculating on those graphs is what moves the forex market! When 9/11 happened, the...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, report of Jury Meeting 11 October (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/45/) has been published. The Jury discussed at its meeting a number of technical issues concerning the owrk of Expert Advisors and Client Temrinals of the Championship...
I have recorded some data using the ticks collector, but I attached the expert to the H1 chart so I only have recorded ticks that are sliced into 1 hour candles. I am asking if there is a method that could allow me converting this recorded H1 data into H4 data? The output file is .fxt extension, I...
From this alert : extern int kstoch=14; extern int dstoch=3; extern int ssstoch=3; double Stoch; double Stochsignal; int start() { Stoch=iStochastic(NULL,0,kstoch,dstoch,ssstoch,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0); Stochsignal=iStochastic(NULL,0,kstoch,dstoch,ssstoch,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,0); if(Stoch>85) {
  Label Position  (3)
How do I find out the size of the window/chart so that I can place the label in the desired position on the right side of the chart. For example if I place the Y & X distance to 10 & 10 it will fix the position of the label to the left of screen. I want to do the same to the right side. So when...
  BinaryMath Volatility  (14   1 2)
Here we go a BinaryMath volatily calculator hehe,, will only work on GBPUSD ,, ** This is just test 101.. How does it work? ----------------- some might know about binary numbers used in computers we only have 111111's or 000000's i went 1 step further and put also 2222222222's Taken the bars High...