General - page 1831

Is there a way to show an Equity graph instead of a Balance graph in the detailed report?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Statistical Report #4" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/99/). This statistical report gives analytical results for 25 most profitable Expert Advisors as of the 7th of December 2006. The following...
After running a couple of EA's in demo mode with FXDD I have started trading them on my live account. In demo, I set Lot Size to 0.2 and all trades were entered at that size. Now in live mode, although the Lot Size for each EA is still set to 0.2, my trades on all EA's are being opened at 0.1. I...
  Utility EA's  (7)
Does anyone have or know of any "Utility" EA's that do simple things like Close All Trades when a certain profit level has been reached? Specifically, I like to enter all my trades manually and sometime have a couple different trades going at once. My goal for each day is to make a certain amount...
Please take a look at the attached image; it is today's 5 minute chart for the EUR/USD. We have plotted in trend lines and supports and resistances, using the smaller timeframe we are able to enter new or developing trends in a timely manner with very little downside risk. Our goal is to average...
Please take a look at the attached image; it is todays 5 minute chart for the EUR/USD. We have plotted in trend lines and supports and resistances, using the smaller timeframe we are able to enter new or developing trends in a timely manner with ver little downside risk. Our goal is to average 15+...
Is this possible? putting two trailingstops on one expert? I know that I can put one on the actual MT4 platform but maybe i could code one as well? The reason for it is because I want to make different trailing stops that close different amount of lots.. Thanks
  MA cross PRICE level ... EA  (28   1 2 3)
Hi everyone ! In the attachement below there is an idea of simple Expert Advisor I'm looking for. Have You seen sth like that ?? I think it's very similar to "MA cross EA" but I'm not a programist and I can't modify the code Can You help me ? THANKS for reply ... Michał
I keep exiting trades too early, what is the best one to use?
Hi Please Take a look below code wich is satistical Key Reversal //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Stat.mq4 |//| Copyright © 2006, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|...
We have all personally experienced in day to day trading, and every day, read so much in so many forums, about the variability of spread between different brokers at different times that I feel it is time to quantify it finally. The question is Who's doing it, how often, when and on what pairs? I'm
Is there any FAQ for EA/Strategy tester? Please provide the link if any. I am trying to write/test an EA where the logic will be tested at close of each 4 hour bar. Is there any facility like this on EA? Does EA checks for each tick only? Or it can be modified to check some parameters only after a...
Hello Slawa, to my suprise it is possible to make screenshots when backtesting in Strategytester even if the corresponding chart isn't loaded. Is there any default template which is used by the Strategytester which could be overwritten? It doesn't seem to use the "default.tpl" inside "...\templates"...
Hi, Beginner.....I wrote a very simple code. Please help me find out why "name" and "typ" turned out empty or something ? MT4 says: object name passed to ObjectType function cannot be an uninitialized or empty string //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
Hi, folks, I'm sick of indicators that are repainting don't you think like me? I'm asking people, who have unrepaintable indicators to post them here. Thanks
Hello Slawa, can the Strategytester cope with Microlot sizes? I changed the MinLot size in the FXT header (144 bytes from the beginning) to 0.01 instead of 0.1 with IBFX) according to your answer within this thread: "Huge tester bug? Error 131" . It did not work, no trades were placed. Changing...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Rich has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/98/). Rich has known about Forex trading since 2004. He cannot even imagine trading without automated systems. The developer tells about his trading system,...
[Deleted]
Here is my EA. It does a few standard things, and a few not so standard things. I’m trying to make it as reliable as possible, but I have reached a point where my limited knowledge of programming makes it very hard to realize some of my ideas. I hope you more advanced Traders/Programmers could take...
Hi, I tried to use this indicator in MT4, but it does not work properly, and did not refresh. Also each time have to recompile and sometimes paint entire the window instead of paint the line. Can any body debug it? Thanks millions in advance.
  High CCI  (10)
Hi all. I was recently experimenting with the highest function and the icci function. what i am intending to do is to find the highest point of the cci back about 6 bars, starting one bar back. it compiles perfectly, but the problem is that when i run it through the tester i get weird numbers, which...
Hi all, I was wondering does the Futures and Forex have some sort of relationship that could help with forex trading ?? I am a little new to forex, but I use this example to clarify what I mean: In the futures, if the USD goes up in value, is there a similar movement in the forex market with USD
  Parabolic SAR Modification  (47   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi all, I,m a newbie to forums - tried a few, but keep coming back to this one. Its got to be the best! I need help with a small problem. I use The Parabolic Sar as part of my trading system & I modified the usual method of presentation by altering the - Arrow - to a line. The Problem I need help
-
  Supertrend  (5)
I am wrting some code to move my stop loss to breakeven after certain number of x pips profits has been secured. BUT.. how can I turn my code off when and if I decide to start a trailing stop loss from the MT4 menu manually. Is there a function that recognises that a MT4 menu fired trailing stop is...
Hello Everyone! I'm trying to hobble together an EA from a template program and am running into a few problems with the code and was hoping that someone could help (it's probably riduculously easy but I'm still lost). The theory is simple: - enter and go short if the RSI crosses up over 50 - enter...
I have already posted about missing data problem on MT4, when you try and down load the 1min data back to 1999. And there has been another post regarding this matter. Will you be fixing this problem, and including the fix in the next version, or will you be doing something about before then ??
I try to explain. I am looking EA what would only open buy or sell position in every 60 minutes. It would open an new order every 60 minutes and I could get choose sl and tp. And I could choose would it open sell or buy. And it would double the lots with every lost.
If I'm running two different EA's on the same currency pair in the same account, how do I get the signals from the 1st EA from displaying on the 2nd EA's chart and vice versa?