General - page 1480

partial profits  (1)
How do you take partial profits out of a trade? On a demo account when i want to get out of a trade it just gets me out of the whole trade I don't know how to do this. Excuse my ignorance I'm just a beginner. Thanks By the way deleted all my memberships on other forex forums except fxfisherman,...
Hello fellow traders. I wondered whether someone could unlock my dilema about MTF analysis? I use the following indicators. 200 ema 21 ema 55 ema MACD set to default settings. Timeframes: Daily 1 hour 15 min 1. Look for trend on daily chart. Downtrend is when 21 ema is below 55 ema and both below
I want to risk a fixed % of my account for each trade I make, but obviously, the account equity/margin is changing after every trade So, to make it follow the growth of my equity/balance, I want to adapt the LOT SIZE every time I trade. I need the formula to calculate the correct LOT SIZE...
Can Moderator publish the pre-testing result of the top-6 EA in ATC 2010(2010.1.1 - 2010.8.31)? I Want to see the graph and the drawdown THANKS
Fantom Forex Intraday Trend Follower I'm posting about my new signal, which has been active for four weeks. During that time, the maximum drawdown has been less than 4% while the total profit is currently over 10%. The strategy is an intraday strategy that aims to enter once during each session...
Hello, I have been a long time lurker on this forum gleaning insights from its members on everything from money management to EA's. The reason I am posting is that I am in need of an indicator that I have not been able to find and would like to query the group for any info. What I am looking for is
MT5 is so good that I want to test it in a real account, but my broker don't support it. I haven't find any good brokers support the MT5 platform, what can I do?
Hello Everyone. I was wondering if some one could code this strategy for me to use in FXCM Strategy Trader, I would like to be able to use the RSI Strategy, Please see the link RSI Strategy - Wiki.fxprogrammers.com with overbought @ 65-70 then trigger exit/close @ 45-50, and oversold @ 30-35 then...
i know how to setup a trade in mt4 already. but the thing i wanted to ask is how do i have to calculate the lots for example if i want to trade with 500 dollars, because in etoro its easy you just have to choose the amount of money. in mt4 it only is lots as an option. and another thing, is there an...
Starting from Monday the 11th April 2011. I will be posting signals on the pairs above.It will be a GMT+1. The exact entry and exit price would be posted as well as the time frame from which the signals is picked. My CANDID advice, never ignore your money management and your trading plan. In other
Is it possiable to reload optimization result file in folder cache into "Strategey Tester"? The aim is to re-analyze the report.
Hi developper team, As dll are not allowed during optimization process, that's mean the same ea, if it is using a dll for some purpose (different than trading), can not be used in real and optimization process. As soon as an include clause is linking to a dll, all remote agents will failled during...
Please see this screen shot as it explains graphically http://screencast.com/t/DsSnabw4wDA If i place a downloaded indi into the indicators folder, or even create a folder for custom indi, on restart i cant see the folder and or indi this applies to templates as well I believe im not the only...
Hi all, I am wondering if all parameters are fully documented in MT5 terminal help file. I found all the parameters in Client Terminal user guide --> Client Terminal --> Getting Started --> Terminal Start --> Additionnal parameters, but I am looking for the name of the parameter if I want to run...
Hi fellows, I've been looking unsuccessfully for an MT4 indicator that would draw two lines in order to stake out a specific timeframe in the trading session. A picture is worth a thousand words, check out the pic attached : Thanks in advance for those who will point out some helpful indicators
hello people ! is an automated strategy with zero stop loss possible on mt4 ? if so, which brokers ? if not what would be an alternative ? another system ? commission only based brokers ? basically i have a demo strategy that runs on candle stick signals that works very well. if for example 2nd bar...
  Zero stop loss  (5)
hello people ! is a strategy with zero stop loss possible on mt4 ? if so, which brokers ? if not what would be an alternative ? another system ? commission only based brokers ? basically i have a demo strategy that runs on candle stick signals that works very well. if for example 2nd bar is upward...
Hi Everyone , Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Costas and I am an employee of a regulated Forex Broker named Trading Point of Financial Instruments Limited. The purpose of this thread is to assist the FXFisherman members with any questions regarding Trading Point and Forex in general....
Hi, I'm developing a D1 strategy that only trades on open candle, on MT4 it runs quite quickly but on MT5 it is several times slower because MT5 uses 1 minute OHLC ticks even when I choose "Open prices only" in strategy tester. Why don't you let programmer choose ticks period?. Thanks
I'm at a loss for words. :( I've been... I've been poking around with an idea and I didn't notice I'd written something like a tester. :) Of course, it's a simple one, but the balance is counting and shows all ticks since 2006. It's multicurrency, but I'm just working with only one symbol. What
  Using Mqltick  (1)
Is it possible to retrieve the tick volume as an indicator of trading activity. Could this be implemented in next build? I see that the tick volume appears in the data window. Let me know what ya think, regards
Hi, I'm looking for a trailing OPEN script. Here's my idea: When see an uptrend you want to get in at a swing low. So you enter a pending buy order when you're in the down swing, just a few pips above the current price. When price retraces further, the entry level for the pending order is lowered 1...
For the past 3 years, I've been trading actively but it is only involve small amount of money. I'd use several forex system but non of them suit me, I end up blowing my account few times. Now I've found a trading system that suit my personality, I've made 82 % increase in my capital but end up...
Hello Gang; Looking for 3-day (or custom days) high/low indicator .. Could not find one .. Any thoughts ?? TIA
The values in the indicator is different than the value shown in the EA. I have attached both the custom indicator and the EA In the EA the value is 0, whereas indicator shows 1 as the value. Any clues when this can happen ? Thanks, Best Regards, Walter
  EMA_WMA EA ECN mode  (27   1 2 3)
Hello dear friends, I need some help, if I may ask. Last week I posted an EA : (EMA_WMA) that needed to be converted to work on 5 digit brokers. Mr. Unclepips did the job well, and he deserves to be thanked once more. The problem is that the new version of the EA : (EMA_WMA V2) does not work
  Profitable EA  (3)
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to code an EA that just uses 2 MA's and is profitable forward and backwards? set the first ema to 50 applied to high of candles set the second ema to 50 applied to the low of candles EURUSD 15MTF If price closes above the high ema, open trade, TP 50 SL 1
If someone wants to succeed as a forex trader, it is important to be informed about the international economic and political developments. Being informed about what is happening through the world and especially in all of the major economic and political powers will help you take advantage of...