Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 460

hi People . I got a doubt which corrodes me . As everyone here , I am making a suposedly ingenious EA , able to trade signals , buy low and sell high .. . ok. If anyone would really be able to make an EA that returns 50.000% p.a ... what is the entire point of entering the...
when we open the MT5 client, there are prompt word:"waiting to update" , I want let my robot running after synchronized with server, can I use this code? void OnTimer()  { if(SymbolIsSynchronized(_Symbol))      CuteRobot.Processing();  }
Hello there I’m looking for a reliable list of forex Holidays for 2010and 2011. The intention is not to open any position during holidays onmy back testing and expert advisors. I’ve been dealing with lists I found on the web and asresult I got my brain melted. This are the best lists you can...
Hello, is it possible to make such a backtest, for exampel you create a EA wich trade with signals from Macd indicator, now you want to make a backtest where the EA trade at same time 10 different currencys with one account deposit, is that possible such a backtest with metatrader 5?
Hi Wondering if there is a way to get information such as high / low / open etc for time periods shorter than 1 minute, preferably ten seconds. Would be great if I could find a way to put this information in arrays as it is for the standard timeperiods. I've looked around and cant seem to find...
Hello, I get mad becouse of this problem. Please look at my OnTick() f-ion: void OnTick () { //--- prepareData(); if (orders()== 0 ) { gX= 0 ;//gX is a global int variable bool a=checkForBuy();//for test reasons if (a)//put
The attached indicator draws either a bullish (green) or bearish (red) support or resistence rectangle under or above the price. This is the time to enter a position either long or short. It is very accurate from what I've read it's at least 70% accurate. In my experience it's a lot better than that...
Hi, I worked on MT4 automatic trading, and I work now on MT5. And, I've a problem with my automatic trading operations. On MT4, you can open a buying order without closing a previous opened selling order... You must close the order with OrderClose(...). But, on MT5, if you have an opened selling...
Hi, I wrote an EA that works off of tick data. It works like I want when I run it, but when I try it in the strategy tester I just get a bunch of zeros for the results.  I've attached it, it's a simple little percentile EA. Please take a look at it and let me know what I'm doing wrong.
Hello, When I start the strategy tester, Metatrader downloads the history. However, I noticed that after 3 months backward, I get less bars and my tests become totally inaccurate. So I was wondering, do anyone know how I can fix this problem, or import my own history from external files? By the...
And how is this to be understood? How acceptable (correct) are the results given by the tester (in the form of tens of millions of virtual dollars on an initial virtual deposit of 5 thousand in 5 months)
Hi Coders! Does anybody know, that will be available the MetaTrader5 for backtest on tick database? Now, we still can't import datas to MT5 history. Later, we are going to can. But will be available import tick database too? Thank you. Relative
I have a developer here who is going to create an EA for me for MT4, but I am quite new to getting it set up. I sent him a zip archive including MT4 template, indicator, requirements, screen shots etc, but he said I needed to publish the zip archive at the MQL5 website. I am unable to find an area...
Hi, what's the command to get the minimum difference from the current price you can place a limit order at?
Hi, I have an EA which uses a custom indicator. When I attach the EA directly to a chart it works perfect. When I attempt to run the EA through the strategy tester I get the following: 2010.12.17 14:50:57 Core 1 connect closed 2010.12.17 14:50:57 Core 1 log file "C:\Program...
Hi there, I was wondering if it possible to open some indicators from the EA directly ? Or maybe to apply a specific template to the chart, as weel from the EA? Thanks...
Hi, I am getting the following error when trying to run an expert in stratery tester: 2010.12.07 15:54:25 Core 1 debug version of 'BoundariesExpert.ex5', please recompile it how can I compile a release version? Assaf
  Championship ...  (12   1 2)
Hi there, I sended an EA for the champ and they returned me an error : 13 trades, 27 deals, profit is too small I did not find this criteria in the rules section. Prior to gaining access to the Championship, each expert undergoes a preliminary check by the Organizer on the compliance...
Help! I don't Know programming in mgl5. I need an expert advisor (alarm, not automatic buy) when the adaptive moving everage 20 (EURUSD, M30, ema speedy 2, ema slow 30, shift 0, price close) crosses (from down to up) the adaptive moving average 100 (EURUSD, M30, ema speedy 2, ema slow 30, shift 0
This script allows you to access price buffers for open, high, low, and close as we used to in MT4 plus yo can get the highest and lowest prices too.
Under build 355, my EA works fine with windows vista home premium x32 however on windows server 2003 x64 an infinite sleep error is detected. Below is a snippet for my data access. Is this a bug? bool Cssneye::InitBuffer(int handle,double &buffer[],int bufferindex,int bufferstart,int...
Hi,  Sorry for the newbie question. I just wonder why there are not input parameters for Strategy Tester, Inputs tab. Ex:   1) Let say i chose Advisors¥ExpertMovingAverage.ext in Strategy Tester. 2) Then i open Inputs tab and found out that there were only 2 input parameters : Expert:...
I am wondering if there are future development on the detail analysis of the back testing report. It will be extreme useful to have the annual & monthly pips gain representation similar to the chart below.
Hello, I try to do an EA based on stochastic and MACD indicators. I wrote my code which compile well but when I test him, it doesn't work and returns nothing. I am a beginner on MQL5. Somebody could help me please... Thank you
my EA called trade.mqh, after I upgrade to build 350 then there is an error (it is the first error, more errors after it): code: string FormatDealAction(string &str,const uint action) const; error: identifier 'action' is reserved for enumerator Trade.mqh 113 62 how to fix...
Hi folks, I'm implementing a function to calculate volume to trade according to a fix percentage of potential loss in comparison to total equity. My problem is that im getting invalid volume since it have a lot of digits. I already tried using Mathround and mathceil/floor and it keep with a...
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to close a position at the market price?
Hi My EA compiles well but on debugging it throws up this error prior to any trade. How does one access h1 volume? Below are excerpts of my source //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Signal.mqh |//|...
Hi Folks, I'm sorry if im asking basic question or newbie doubts but i just started with EA coding. I keep getting 4576 error with the following message : '685749' : Failed sell stop limit 0.10 EURUSD at 1.39823 (1.39823) sl: 1.39935 tp: 1.39733 [Invalid stops] Here goes the mqltraderesquest...
like c++ and delphi, is there TRY...EXCEPT END code in MT5? will you plan to add it?