Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 433

Hi,   I encountered a problem with new, updated MQL4. Both timers (millisecond and second one) work fine when I start EAs after the terminal is started (by d&d them on charts). However, when the EA is loaded with the platform start (for example, when I close the terminal with EAs running and then...
There are seven sorts possible ie max Recovery Factor, max Profit Factor. Has someone done any research as to the 'best' sort to use or any sort of comparison. Myself, I weigh Recovery Factor and Sharpe and Profit Factor. I would like to know how others weigh their results.
Hello everyone, How can I have access to the orders in "Trade" window of toolbox window using MQL5 code
  Profitable EA  (5)
Hi I have been through all the free EAs and not found one that is profitable. The Macd sample one that comes with MT5 and MT4 is the nearest. I then turn to the paid for EAs. There are lots. The strategy tester is a very poor instrument for testing. So I know it is a big ask but has anyone, yes...
I am testing my ea on 14 year time frame. Lot size is calculated on the % of account free margin. But after some time lot size stops increasing and it is constant at 500. What is wrong here.
when I dont put disabled but I put: slow complete algorithm in optimisation in startegy tester. and I click start I hear a strange sound, do you know why I cant use slow complete algorithm ? I use ROMAN5 --Jon
Does anybody know if can I found somewhere a copier from MT4 to MT5? I've modified an MQ4 robot and I'd like to copy my operation even on my MT5 platform... Thanks!
i need a obj_quadrangle and there is only this one: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/objectconstants/enum_object/obj_triangle i can combine one quadrangle (with 4 different points) out of 2 obj_triangle Is there any other way? PS. i need to fill area between 2 lines (at an angle, so...
Hi everyone, I just got this new EA and I installed it without problems, except for one! Every time I edit the Inputs and click Ok and re-open them again they are set back to defaults! I have re-installed MT4 many time but that didn't change. I thought it was only related to that particular EA, but
A bit confused. I want to scale out from a position So I place a Buy order for 0.4 lots with SL set but no TP. No problem there Then I want to take half off after 300 pips. trade.OrderOpen("EURUSD",ORDER_TYPE_SELL_LIMIT,0.2,limit_price,price,sl,tp,ORDER_TIME_GTC,0,NULL) Assume I got filled at...
Wow good to see MT4 Expert advisor's market gone live & My EA too. I hope MT4 Market will break the volume of MT5 Market. What is your opinion : )
Is there a plan to have ATC 2014?
Hi, i'm able to download EA to MT5 but I can't with mt4. I tried both mt4 from Alpari and from metaquotes. Inside MT4 there is no "market" tab as in MT5. If I click on "Demo" from the EA page it opens MT4 but then nothing happened. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, both alpari and metaquotes mt4...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Method to access data |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+long CiRealVolume::GetData(const int index) const  { CRealVolumeBuffer...
Hello everyone, I got into forex some weeks ago, and being a programmer i decided to put what i learned into an EA. After some tweaking and without optimization (takes way too much, so i'm not going to do it until the EA itself is good) I've managed to get these results for the past year on GBP/USD...
  First signal  (1)
Hello I am very beginner in MQL5. To start with, I want to make a very simple alarm signal. I want the alarm goes off whenever the RSI indicator goes under 30 for example. I did try MQL wizard, but actually I couldn't understand it.
This can not possibly be a new problem but I have not found a good solution searching. I am "porting" an MT4 EA that takes 4 positions, theLimit for a last one running a trailing stop. This is straightforward in MQL4 So I start with opening a position "Buy" with 0.8 lots, stoploss entered, no...
Sorry if this is a double post, can you message me active threads that discuss the solutions or alternatives for running MetaTrader 4 + Signal Provider given my PC/workstation is turned off? My MetaTrader 4 Terminal can no longer accept signals on my live account when the PC is off. Are there...
1. is there a possibility of adding any additional screenshots to already released product on mql market? 2. is there a possibility od adding any additional text to already released product? 3. if not, can links to videos/screenshots be added in a description of new version of a product?
Hello everybody, I'm new in the world of Forex but I'm interested in the EA design and at the moment I'm studying for learn basic programming language mql5. I don't know if I'm in the right session but at the moment I'm looking for an EA which simply read all the position that I open manually and...
I have an EA that places 2 trades with size 0.1 with the same stoploss Running in Strategy tester The trade hits stoploss a while later with a sell of 1.4 lots. Where the heck did the size 1.4 come from??? Must be missing something vital in my code or what? 2013.12.10 21:48:41 Core 1...
  Trade copier  (2)
Hi, I am looking for a trade copier where the sender mt4 entry price is at market and then the receiver mt4 entry price is +10 pips higher or lower. any ideas? Thanks
Hi, I would like to build an EA using the Alligator indicator which consists of three moving averages. Therefore, I tried to copy the values of these moving averages into an array, as I've done before with the CCI indicator. However, I get the error message: "Jaws" - parameter conversion not...
Hello, I had an issue since 2 weeks : A big gap between the forwards results and simulations results. My EA use Wininet library to execute a Web Query because a part of the EA's decision is handled by data crawling on the web, these data are centralized on a web-service. This web-service requires...
Comments that do not relate to the "Showing or hiding indicator subwindows", have been moved into this topic.
Hi How to programmatically show or hide all indicator subwindows on the current chart ? I'd like to have a switch parameter (true/false) to control this while testing. Thanks
i cannot find a way to enable the equity relative drawdawn in optimization window. There is only this second drawdawn not relating to equity. I need that factor for optimizing Money Management function, the other drawdawn is useless (i still dont understand what is that percentage? when optimization...
It is the 1 year period back testing. Equity Drawdown Relative 47.63% (703.89) and Drawdown relative 19.89% (215.05) seems quite high. Just curious if I this is too risky to put on the real account. Shall I reduce the lot size smaller to be safe? Then the profit will become smaller too....
Hi 1) When to set initialize an EA to use every tick ( every_tick = true) ? bool Init( string symbol, ENUM_TIMEFRAMES period, bool every_tick, // <------- flag ulong magic ) 2) What is the...
I am trying to populate a string array inside a structure but the compiler errors every time (see "string Label") struct PIVOT_Structure{ datetime TimeStart; datetime TimeEnd; double&nbsp;&nbsp; PP,S1,S2,S3,R1,R2,R3;&nbsp;&nbsp; double Line[7]; string Label[7] = {"HR-PP","HR-R1"...