Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 387

Hi, I am trying to receive CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_MOVE event for a chart that I open with ChartOpen : int OnInit () { //Everything is fine for the current chart, I receive the CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE events with the following line ChartSetInteger ( 0 , CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE , 0 , true ) //I open an
I tested the EA in https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/chart_operations/chartindicatoradd and works well. Now I wish modify indicator's style/width/color, is there a way? Thanks Nicola
Hello folks, I have spent all the afternoon trying to get the following code works. After tried it with no success, I built a completely different code with Windows APIs to use the correct names from Kernel32 library but also didn't work. https://msdn.microsoft...
Discuss about Sharpe Ratio. I think if a signal with Sharpe Ratio lower than 0.2 is not good. I mean it is very risky. Your opinions?
hi, I can not download ea from macket, the maket tab diaplayed error, pls refer the attachment. My system is windows 2008 server and the mt4 is udpated on this VPS . pls suggest how to download this EA?
Anyone know of an EA that works on Parabolic SAR and RSI
In the FAQ for Signal Service, we have this stated limitation: On Provider's account all trades are performed with volume of 0.1 lots. I want to copy these trades with larger volume, for example 0.3 lots. Can I raise the volume somehow? All volumes are calculated automatically. Subscriber can...
Hello fellow traders and programmers, I'm interessted in your opinion and would like to know how you evaluate a EA. What are the important requirements that a EA must fulfill? Of course I want to know that because I need help with my own EA... Also, I dont know how much I can trust the backtests...
Hello, I would like to know how to be sure that a custom indicator have been already loaded into the chart? I have an script, then inside it I create an instance of a custom indicator (slower than built-in indicators) and add it to the chart. After that I read some values of the custom indicator...
Hi, I am a newbie to programming and a part-timetrader. I cannot watch the chart all of the time. I am looking for an ea that will open a trade at the end ofthe candle. I want to open 4 separate positions at 1 time and be able to also set TPand SL or Trailing Stop for each position individually. I...
hi i need mql code to store static values A and one for dynamic variable as B so i need to compare this one let for example one high made it stored in static and another high made as dynamic variable as B so i have to compare this two values pls help me out to give code for this
hello, i have a question : some one know if there are a system like Hlaiman (https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/6077) this system allow to put arrow to learn the strategy ...my question there are some open surce free program like it that can be modified and allow to add indicator . if...
Does anyone know how to capture the current closed price? I'm writing an EA program and I assumed that the current closed price was contained within the below but I was wrong. input ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE CURRENT_CLOSE = PRICE_CLOSE;
like the title say i have small acount of 100 euro and i w to try an ea 
Hallo Traders.... Does anybody know which charttemplate (*.tpl) is used during optimization process? I always thought it should be "tester.tpl", which is by default used during one-off backtesting. Well, this is quite interesting (andfrustrating) and it may influence dramatically final...
Hello folks, I have an indicator {indicator_diff} where I need to make use of the handles of other two indicators {indicator_1, indicator_2}. What my indicator does is output the difference between the other two indicators, given by the handles: {handle_1, handle_2}. Both handles are passed as input
About optimization. A strategy tester doesn't end any more forever from the way during a test from an update of 12 Jun 2015 Ver. There is also EA which normally ends, but there is also EA which has not ended any more forever from the way. It could normally be tested in MT4 before 12 Jun 2015 Ver....
Hy guys I've just downloaded the MT5 version 5.00 build 1150 (22 may 2015) provided by my broker and I notice the the EA does not work as on the the demo version. It looks strange because the indicator, the trailing stop loss and the adx check seems to looks fine, the problem it that the EA know...
Comments that do not relate to the "Indicator modification help needed.", have been moved into this topic.
ive recently finished making a simple moving average strategy using the 100bar ma on the 1 hour and 4 hour time charts and desperately need help creating an ea for it. i have zero experience with ea's and dont even know where to start. it is a simple strategy that i can easily explain to someone
Hi ! Using CTrade. Strategy Tester. Trade.PositionModify(_Symbol,sl,0); returns 2013.05.21 23:59:00   CTrade::OrderSend: modify EURUSD (sl: 1.28620, tp: 0.00000) [invalid stops]2013.05.21 23:59:00   failed modify sell 0.22 EURUSD sl: 0.00000, tp: 0.00000 -> sl: 1.28620,...
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------// Mn Volatility Meter |//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#property copyright "Mn"#property indicator_chart_windowextern...
  MT4 VPS  (16   1 2)
Dear Experts When I run my EA on the MT4 VPS I don't get any journal messages on the trades or trade arrows on the chart. It's hard to follow what the trades are doing. Any advise would be appreciated. Regards
Why can not dll function. I have installed the file C: \ Program Files \ MT4Trader \ MQL4 \ Libraries.
I'm looking to include the base price and quote price in my EA program but Im not able to find a fuction that provides the quote price. I believe I can use 'Signal_Base_Price' for the base price but if Im barking up the wrong tree let me know.  Thanks in advance!
I'm having trouble with an EA I'm making, all works fine until at some point it stops working and the following text is outputted to the Journal tab (not to the Experts tab): "Open charts limit reached" No other error or warning is given whatsoever, and I have no idea what part of the code is...
Hi  Im trying to make an EA, but some how i cant get the CPositionInfo class to work. I have also tried to use the GetPositionXXX functions but with no luck.  When i call int t = PositionsTotal(); It returns 1. PositionSelect(_Symbol) returns true.  But it is impossible to get the information back....
i have an ea iget some modification but i get a error ' Momentum_Status ' - undeclared identifier i have already declared it AskMomentum(); int AskMomentum() { MomentCurrent = iMomentum ( NULL , 0 ,MomentTime, PRICE_CLOSE , 0 ); MomentPrevious = iMomentum ( NULL , 0 ,MomentTime, PRICE_CLOSE , 1
Hello. I am new in building experts and i want to know how can i set my EA to be activated only one time (applications) so if i give my EA to someone he will not be able to copy it and give it to someone else. Also i want to know how to hide my code so nobody can see how my expert works. Thank...
Hello, I would like to know if is it possible to dynamically evaluate code in mql5? I mean in the same way you can do with Javascript and PHP with the "eval(...)" function? Reference: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_eval.asp Regards, cyberglassed.