Has anyone managed to make decent money from copying trades? - page 6

JRandomTrader #:

"Percentage of profits" as one of the options would be very correct, it immediately shows that the author at least believes in his signal himself. But I think it is very complicated and cumbersome to implement.

Why is it difficult? Aren't PAMMs based on the % of profit? About 10 years ago as an experiment with PAMM-subscription system the "I am a trader" had both variants - PAMM for % and subscription with fixed monthly fee. There were many times more people willing to subscribe to signals for %, but the system was not "cleaned up" and caused a lot of questions. At that time I earned good money as a subscriber - there was a manager "Don't wory" - he was pipsing a lot. I grew from 40 to 600$ and I preferred to keep 3 subscriptions in equal shares. It helped me a lot when my manager lost his deposit due to the system's mistake. My balances on all three accounts were different at the end of the signal and I started to sort it out by checking each order and then comparing them with orders on my other accounts and on the manager's one. I killed two weeks in this mess but as a result I found many discrepancies and prepared a claim in hope to get back $120 (or something like that). The claim resulted in a refund of over $400. I started my own signal and invested by myself. I was experimenting with sticking to the wheels and found the system error. I have found the error in my trading robot and, as I have found it, I cannot move it with the right hand. Knowing this bug, I have found a way to deal with it and this way provided stable operation of the PAMM account. Since I opened the account as an experiment, I worked with a very dumb system, but for a year and a half it gave me a small profit - 15 pips per day, on the four digits, stable and even was in the top three PAMM managers in the kitchen. But against the backdrop of the Maidan, it "slipped" and the account plummeted.

I got a little off-topic... There is a choice for signalists in our kitchen: to set the subscription price or % - nothing difficult. When setting the signal board, there is a tab for selecting the "fee" for the signal. And also selects the fee to the subscription provider (not the kitchen).

Shoker #:

Why is it difficult? Aren't PAMMs based on % of profit? About 10 years ago, as part of an experiment with the PAMM/subscription system, the kitchen I sit in had both options, either PAMM for % or subscription with a fixed fee per month. There were many times more people willing to subscribe to signals for %, but the system was not "cleaned up" and caused a lot of questions. At that time I earned good money as a subscriber - there was a manager "Don't wory" - he was pipsing a lot. I grew from 40 to 600$ and I preferred to keep 3 subscriptions in equal shares. It helped me a lot when my manager lost his deposit due to the system's mistake. My balances on all three accounts were different at the end of the signal and I started to sort it out by checking each order and then comparing them with orders on my other accounts and on the manager's one. I killed two weeks in this mess but as a result I found many discrepancies and prepared a claim in hope to get back $120 (or something like that). The claim resulted in a refund of over $400. I started my own signal and invested by myself. I was experimenting with sticking to the wheels and found the system error. I had found the error, but I failed to find it. I had not received the program on my own and it works in all the kitchens this way. Knowing this bug, I have found a way to deal with it and this way provided stable operation of the PAMM account. Since I opened the account as an experiment, I worked with a very dumb system, but for a year and a half it gave me a small profit - 15 pips per day, on the four digits, stable and even was in the top three PAMM managers in the kitchen. But against the backdrop of the Maidan, it "slipped" and the account plummeted.

I got a little off-topic... There is a choice for signal managers in our kitchen: to set the subscription price or % - nothing difficult. When setting the signal board, there is a tab for selecting the "fee" for the signal. And also selects the fee to the subscription provider (not the kitchen).

It is complicated because MQ is not a dealer/broker.

JRandomTrader #:

Difficult because MQ is not a dealer/broker.

For starters, think about it: does the DC need PAMMs to consistently produce profits for traders, which they will pay out of their profits...?

Serqey Nikitin #:
First, think about it: does the brokerage company need PAMM traders to bring stable profit, which they will pay from their own profit...?

just calculate...just calculate the DC's profit on your trade (it's profitable, isn't it?)

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

and you do the math...just calculate the DC's profit on your trade (is it profitable?)

This is what we are talking about...

If ONE trader works profitably... or when 100-200 traders are working under his strategy...

Is there a difference... And these other traders do not start their trading with 100 quid...

Serqey Nikitin #:

That's what we're talking about...

If ONE trader works profitably... or when 100-200 traders work under his strategy...

Is there a difference ?... And these other traders do not start their trading with 100 quid ...

Doesn't the Sensei know how to count the profit of the other side?

I can teach you for a small fee :-)

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

Sensei doesn't know how to count the profit of the other side ?

I can teach you at low cost :-)

Once again you missed the point... The important thing is not the size of the profit, but the fact that the extra payments are eliminated from the DC budget...

All this dancing around the PAMM is working until the moment when they are pouring out to the glory of the brokerage company...

Serqey Nikitin #:

Once again you missed the point... It is not the size of profit that is important, but the fact of eliminating extra payments from the DC budget...

All this dancing around PAMMs is working until the moment when they are pouring out to the glory of the brokerage company...

I'm telling you, sensei does not know arithmetic and does not understand money....

from the second entry of course the rates go up, but the offer stays on the table.

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

I'm telling you, sensei can't do arithmetic and doesn't know about money....

The stakes go up on the second go-round, of course, but the offer still stands.

I see! "He's not interested in traders but in the reputation of brokerage companies...

Don't bother, you're all right!

JRandomTrader #:

"Percentage of profits" as one of the options would be very correct, it immediately shows that the author at least believes in his signal himself. But I think it is very complicated and cumbersome to implement.

I do not think it is too painful. If brokers do it, the metaquotes would probably do it in 1-2 days.
But (I think so) they won't. It is unlikely to be profitable for them.