Has anyone managed to make decent money from copying trades? - page 5

Maxim Kuznetsov copying deals? other than the need for personal self-praise caused by fleeing padawans

After reading 4 pages of discussions, NO REAL REASONS...

You're wrong! There are REAL REASONS!

The problem is SELECTING the signal ... This is not a simple issue ... There are plenty of signals, but you cannot choose ... Hence the TITLE of this thread...

Petr Baskakov #:
Checking profit - you set the price for the signal a bit higher than normal - and if there are subscribers it means that they somehow manage to make a profit)

Not a fact. The fact of subscribing does not indicate that the subscriber is actually making a profit.
And since only the number of subscribers is displayed in the statistics, you can't track the "turnover" either. Many people probably try/verify, but very probably only a small percentage stay for more than a month.

Serqey Nikitin #:

Surely such profitable signals exist...

But you have to work out a strategy of SEARCHING for such signals... And believe me, it's not a simple thing..., at the level of finding a profitable strategy...

Of course, profitable signals exist, just look at statistics.
As for "search strategy", it's really not an easy thing. And it is not easy, not because it is difficult to see a profitable strategy - it is difficult for subscriber to tame his naughty hands, not to insert his own nickel into trading, but simply set a normal copying ratio and patiently wait.
The second thing is that even the most stable Signals Provider does not have a month upon a month. If a subscriber is lucky to obtain a month with a good profit, he will surely stay for a long time. But if he has profit less than subscription price or even losses in the first month, he will surely not subscribe for the next month and will either go to another Signals Provider (where the negative scenario is likely to repeat itself) or stay away for good.

Vasyl Temchenko #:

Not a fact. The fact of subscribing does not indicate that the subscriber is actually making a profit.
And since only the number of subscribers is displayed in the statistics, you can't track the "turnover" either. Many people try/check it out for sure, but very likely only a small percentage stay for more than a month.

However, it's the same people who subscribe month after month ) If there was no profit, there would be no desire to subscribe for a higher price.

Vasyl Temchenko #:

Of course profitable signals exist, just look at the statistics.

My opinion: we need a topic like... What parameters determine the RELIABILITY of a signal for an Investor?

Petr Baskakov #:

BUT the same people sign up month after month ) ....

And how do you know this? Tell me WHERE to get the information. As for me (I am a Signals Provider), the subscriber is completely anonymous in the Signals system, unless he writes to me in person.
Live contact Signals Provider-Subscriber would largely solve the problem of "teacher" discussed here for so long.
First, the trader is interested in that the subscriber earns - he will be subscribing permanently.
Secondly - who better to explain the trading system, advise what and how to configure it than the trader himself? Of course, any payment for "tutoring" is out of the question. I personally am ready to spend as much time as necessary, as long as the subscriber does not bullshit, properly set up copying and just waits for the result.
What's missing for complete happiness is the 'Percentage of Profit' option along with a fixed subscription price - the vendor sets the right one. Or, that would be super, the subscriber chooses what he wants himself. This is interesting for both the trader and the subscriber. No profit - no signal fee, you get a great deal and it is not a shame to take off 15-25-40% of profit trades.

chat in private or by email, why make it so complicated)

Vasyl Temchenko:
The question is not idle. I had a successful copy account with one of the brokers, my profits were quite decent ...

Based on the first post: the topicstarter managed to make money!

Vasyl Temchenko #:

What's missing for complete happiness is the 'Percentage of Profit' option along with a fixed subscription price - the vendor sets the right one. Or, that would be super, the subscriber chooses what he wants. This is interesting for both the trader and the subscriber. No profit means no signal fee and it is not a shame to take off 15-25-40% of profit trades.

"Percentage of profit" as one of the options would be very correct, it shows at once that the author believes in his signal at least. But I think it is very complicated and cumbersome to implement.

JRandomTrader #:

"Percentage of profits" as one of the options would be very correct, it immediately shows that the author at least believes in his signal himself. But it seems to be very complicated and cumbersome to implement.

There was an anecdote about students taking money from applicants promising help and then returning it with an apology when they were unsuccessful.

"profit share" is the same joke :-)