Interesting and humorous (politics and history banned) - page 55

Sergey Golubev:
I googled those three letters and got: Runway

Right, the take-off! Cause I see there's no wires.

Why I'm not Chinese)

Valeriy Krynin:

Well done, Chinaman. Just good for him.

The railway from Switzerland to Italy (on wikipedia here; full description with photo here).
(Photo by David Gubler).

Valeriy Krynin:

ours are good too, here's the line at the liquor shop:

Subscribe- December11 nearMoscow, Moscow, Russia-
How I love this shot! Not a single superfluous detail. Pure Renaissance with its anthropocentrism. Every character is at work here. What faces! What poses! What texture! A fight involving an aunt with a bag in the left third of the frame. The pressure of the crowd. Just look at the shoes! The colourful man in the hat and mackintosh working the composition in the right corner. The nonchalant man with a cigarette in the centre. The man in the hat, turned towards the crowd with a sad expression on his face. Lovely human element in a wine shop queue! Turn on Bach, turn the picture around and just contemplate for a few minutes and you'll be zen! Amen.

Denis Sartakov:

ours are good too, here's the line at the liquor shop:

Subscribe- December11 nearMoscow, Moscow, Russia-
How I love this shot! Not a single superfluous detail. Pure Renaissance with its anthropocentrism.
I remember the square in front of the MAI and the House of Culture of the same MAI. All covered with beer bottle caps. And the classic phrase in the shop across the street - Please. A case of beer, please.

Vladimir Tkach:
I remember the square in front of the MAI and the House of Culture of the same MAI. All covered with beer bottle caps. And, the classic phrase in the shop across the street - Please. A case of beer, please.

I was standing in line for books (around that time, I can't remember the exact year). Same queue, only the queue numbers were written on my hand with a pen and I stood like many people - in several bookshops. I could only step out of the queue to go to the toilet. I would stand in line for up to three days and sleep in the same places, in the entrances of neighboring houses.

There was a roll-call in the queues, sometimes unexpectedly ... one went to the toilet for example, and then there was a roll call: "where's 573?" ... "where's 573?" ... no ... and they kicked him out of the queue... He comes in - "Guys, how come... I've been standing here with you for 24 hours... You can't do that..."

I had my hands all over the line... but in those years I built up a small library for the family.

That photographer would have taken a picture of the book queue, but it's so one-sided... it was the book queues that were cooler...
That is, people at that time not only wanted to drink alcohol (I did not stand in vodka/beer houses), but also to read books.
And in the book queues there were more intelligent faces ... my face for example at the time :)

-----------------------

True, this is already history, and history in this thread cannot be apologised for.

Sergey Golubev:

And I was standing in line for books at that time (around that time, can't remember the exact year now). Same queue, only the line numbers were written on my hand with a pen, stood as many - in several bookstores. I could only step out of the queue to go to the toilet. I would stand in line for up to three days (and sleep in the same places, in the entrances of the neighbouring houses).
I had my hands all over the queues ... But I had built up a small library for the family back then.

That photographer would have taken a picture of the book queue, but it's one-sided... it was the book queues that were cooler...
That is, people at that time not only wanted to drink alcohol (I did not stand in vodka/beer houses), but also to read books.
And in the book queues there were more intelligent faces ... my face for example at the time :)

-----------------------

Really, that's history, and history in this thread can't be apologised for.

I wonder which books you missed?

After reading (if you read at all) a lot of books that you bought, took off the shelf?

I had enough chocolates for the librarian, and not even for books = magazines, but I just wanted to make nice. And there were no queues).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I wonder what books you missed?

After reading many of the books you bought, did you take them off the shelf?

I had enough chocolates for the librarian) and no queues).

The usual ... Jules Verne, Sergei Snegov ... a lot of things ...
They've never been before (years), and then once - and there were, but not enough, and people realized that now a little bit will be, and then again never will be, so everyone stood. Now you can buy it all, but then it was in short supply.

In Moscow maybe there was everything, but we are not in Moscow...

Even now, if people of my age come to a hotel in Turkey, for example, from the former Soviet Union (Russia, etc.), they look for a library or a shelf with books.

For example, when we were in hotel Amara Dolce Vita in Turkey (had 10 days rest), on a reception we with pride have declared, that they have in hotel round-the-clock libraries (and not one). And in the libraries - a round-the-clock bar (coffee, beer, whiskey), light snacks and a veranda for smoking.
So it was explained (jokingly) that any normal library should have a 24-hour bar and veranda :)