Interesting and humorous (politics and history banned) - page 157

Sergey Golubev #:
Well, so to speak - third line by the sea ... always windy, everything blows ...
everything blows (even thoughts).

How do you dry laundry when the weather is always humid (very humid)? I was watching a travel programme recently - in Naples, because of the constant humidity, the laundry is only dried outside (across the street on ropes).

Vladimir Baskakov #:
Brutal romance

Where else?

When we were students (at KTI, now KSTU), we used to go to the "frying pan" (in the late 70s).
That's Zelenogradsk.

And we simply hated Svetlogorsk - it was a pensioner's town, all was quiet there.
Many years have passed ... and now I'm in Svetlogorsk :)

It's not a romance. It's how it turned out ...

Now it turns out like -

• winter - Peter,
    and
  • summer - Svetlogorsk.

Vladimir Karputov #:

How do you dry laundry when the weather is always humid (very humid)? I was watching a travel programme recently - in Naples, because of the constant humidity, the laundry is only dried outside (across the street on ropes).

In summer - outside (on the balcony),
in winter - inside (there's a gas boiler with a "programmer" as they say - some little book...).

It's now 0 or minus 1, with ankle-deep snow.

Sergey Golubev #:

Where else?

When we were students (at KTI, now KSTU), we used to go to the "frying pan" (in the late 70s).
That's Zelenogradsk.

And we simply hated Svetlogorsk - it was a pensioner's town, everything was quiet there, it was quiet in general ....
Many years have passed ... and now I'm in Svetlogorsk :)

It's not a romance. It's how it turned out ...

Now it turns out like -

• winter - Peter,
    and
  • summer - Svetlogorsk.
The frying pan is fine even now, it's all arranged in a civilized way. I'm not a volleyball fan, but that's not the only reason you go there

Vladimir Baskakov #:
The Frying Pan is fine even now, it's all arranged nicely. I'm not a volleyball fan, but that's not the only reason to go there

I haven't been there for a very long time.
I remember passing by the cemetery ...
It's purely a student sunbathing spot (in Zelenogradsk).

Once the Priboy restaurant was removed, it didn't become interesting (after the Frying Pan went there in the late 70s).

Sergey Golubev #:

I haven't been there for a very long time.
I remember passing by the cemetery ...
It's purely a student sunbathing spot (in Zelenogradsk).

Once the Priboy restaurant was removed, it didn't become interesting (after the Frying Pan went there in the late 70s).

No, it's OK in summer, you can have a cultural break, watch the matches, and the girls (it's unclear where they are in winter, maybe in hibernation).

Vladimir Baskakov #:
No, it's OK in summer, you can have a cultural break, watch the matches, and watch the girls (I don't know where they are in winter, maybe in hibernation).

Yes, there are bushes, and between the bushes there are hollows (I guess that's what they're called).
The girls are in one hollow (topless, of course) and we are in the other.

• Oleg, a Ukrainian, always read something in Ukrainian. And we were not shocked (it was normal).
  • Kolomiitsev, a Jew, thought that only he could tell us jokes about Jews (because we were not Jews).
  • And I, the Leninist scholarship holder, so to speak, my photo, probably, still hangs in KSTU now ...

And I lived in the Noble's Nest at the time ... If you're from around here, you know what the place is like.
And we listened to jazz rock, and so on, all the courses passed at once (I did all the maths at once for all courses of study even in the first year) ...

And Kolomiytsev must have quarreled with some teacher, and passed the state exam in shipbuilding in English.
You should have seen how the teachers were looking for an English teacher to understand something ...

We also had a Lithuanian... We called him Algis.
When we graduated from the university, they automatically opened visas (for longdistance voyages).
He kept asking us all questions - "So what if my uncle works at the Pentagon... he's just a medical doctor... I'd get a visa, right?" They did.

And then our team was supposed to play football against the Brazilians... and we (the students) - hung a Brazilian flag on the CTI building (which is right opposite the KGB)
:)

Sergey Golubev #:

Yes, there are bushes, and between the bushes there are hollows (I guess that's what they're called).
The girls are in one hollow (topless, of course) and we are in the other.

• Oleg, a Ukrainian, always read something in Ukrainian. And we were not shocked (it was normal).
  • Kolomiitsev, a Jew, thought that only he could tell us jokes about Jews (because we were not Jews).
  • And I, the Leninist scholarship holder, so to speak, my photo, probably, still hangs in KSTU now ...

And I lived in the Noble's Nest at the time ... If you're from around here, you know what the place is like.
And we listened to jazz rock, and so on, all the courses passed at once (I did all the maths at once for all courses of study even in the first year) ...

And Kolomiytsev must have quarreled with some teacher, and passed the state exam in shipbuilding in English.
You should have seen how teachers looked for an English teacher to understand something ...

We also had a Lithuanian... We called him Algis.
When we graduated from the institute, visas were automatically opened (for longdistance voyages).
He kept asking us all questions - "So what if my uncle works at the Pentagon... he's just a medical doctor... I'd get a visa, right?" They did.

And then our team was supposed to play football against the Brazilians... and we (the students) - hung a Brazilian flag on the CTI building (which is right opposite the KGB)
:)

I graduated from KSTU in 2014, Economics and Management. I like to go into the main building sometimes, have a coffee in the cafeteria, wander around

And now this "frying pan" and the town of Zelenogradsk is the brightest in terms of light bulbs and New Year's brightness.
And people go there because there are few places in Kaliningrad region with such New Year illumination (and such New Year service).

Vladimir Baskakov #:
I graduated from KSTU in 2014, Economics and Management. I like to go into the main building sometimes, have a coffee in the cafeteria, wander around

2014 ...
I graduated from KTI in 1982 and I don't know the current university at all.
Have you seen my picture there?
was it ... hanging there...

And where you probably drink coffee - there was military training there ...