Signal ranking! - page 5

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And the rating should be affected by the drawdowns of the last few months.

Petros, it's like you're playing poker liars.

Trading over a quarter (three months) doesn't tell you anything.

At least a year -- that's the only way to tell something about a trading strategy.

I am surprised when signals in top 10 have lifetime of 13 weeks, 19 weeks is a typical "twist and turn, I want to cheat" in style "you saw what you signed up for".

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

The problem is solved very simply.

If the trade style drawdown is reduced, a "clean signal" is created (from zero) -- a trade with a new drawdown is shown.

This is fair to subscribers. The drawdown more than 30-50% -- such a signal should be automatically removed from the rating forever and with a guarantee -- this signal is not for subscriptions, but for personal trading.

Besides, the drawdown history is visible in the signal statistics - no one is stopping you subscribers from talking about it in the news - if your words are confirmed by the history, no problem.

It's all from the fact that you don't have a signal.

And that's why these signals are born:

You want to bet, I'll start with a clean slate, make a 100,000% gain, and show a signal with a maximum drawdown of 0%.

If we don't cheat and deceive subscribers or buyers in the market, it doesn't mean that we don't know how to do it.

It's just not nice to be in their midst.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And that is why those signals are born:

You want to bet, I'll start with a clean slate, make a 100,000% gain, and show the signal with a maximum drawdown of 0%.

Petros, you're crossing the elephant and the rhinoceros in your conclusions.

Drawdown is a trading style. If 50% drawdown is normal for the trading style, it is bound to happen again.

You just have to quarantine each new signal for 6 months. Approximately every 3 months the trend is changed by the flat and vice versa.

Therefore the signal is guaranteed to be both trending and flat within 6 months.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Drawdown is a trading style. If 50% drawdown is normal for the trading style, it is bound to happen again.

You just need to quarantine each new signal for 6 months. Approximately every 3 months the trend is replaced by a flat and vice versa.

Therefore the signal is guaranteed to be both trending and flat within 6 months and it will fully manifest itself.

This is not right. When you want to check a strategy or a new robot, in the beginning there is always a big drawdown, which forces to correct something, change it or reduce the risk.

And that's why it's better to show it month by month.

When an investor sees a large drawdown on the history, he may reduce the lot by two, three or ten times. The main thing is that the yield/ drawdown ratio should be high, it is an axiom. As for erasing of all previous statistics with high profitability of one month, it is already a diagnosis. In this case, the market is not the best place to trade on the Forex market.

Is there no sorting of signals these days? I.e. the drawdown is not more than something, weeks what, etc.?

I enter the category "Min risk" and the first page shows 38% drawdown, 40+% drawdown, or no history of drawdown... What then in "max risk"? I just open and close half of them at once... I'll try to make a sorter programmatically, I think there was a function somewhere, it's too bad.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

This is not right. When you want to test a strategy or a new robot, there is always a big drawdown in the beginning, which forces you to fix something, change it, or reduce the riskiness.

And that's why it's better to show it on a monthly basis.

There is a proverb: "The fish is eaten and the bones are not bitten" (the same proverb as "To climb up the tree and not to eat the ass", the same proverb as "To give birth to a boy and stay a girl").

Change your trading style - start trading all over again. This is if we are talking about a signal for subscription.

What you are suggesting is this:

Here's my signal, I traded this way, then this way, now this way, tomorrow I'll see how - subscribe to my signal - it will be fun - no one will stay indifferent

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

There is a proverb: "To eat the fish and not to choke on the bones" (aka "To climb the tree and not to peel the bones", aka "To give birth to a boy and stay a girl").

Change your trading style - start trading all over again. This is if we are talking about a signal for subscription.

What you are suggesting is this:

Here is my signal, I traded this way, then this way, now this way, tomorrow I will see how - subscribe to my signal - it will be fun - no one will stay indifferent.

Of course it is. If you make a trading robot for yourself, you may change it throughout the year, increasing profitability or reducing drawdown.

And you have to watch the robot or yourself as you know how to trade now, not once.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Of course it is. If you make a robot for yourself, you keep changing it throughout the year, increasing profitability or decreasing drawdown.

And you have to watch the robot or yourself as you know how to trade now, not once.

Petros, we are talking about a signals service. There are no signals "for yourself". There are signals "for subscribers".

And if so, we must look at it from the subscriber's point of view.

It is important for me, as a subscriber, to answer the question: "What is the drawdown?" with the answer: "The maximum drawdown of 95% in three years of trading".

And you're suggesting that I should be told "10% drawdown" and should not mention that this 10% drawdown is only for the last two months when you supposedly started trading "differently".

And when I subscribe to your signal and lose my deposit, you will tell me: "You should have looked carefully".

This approach of yours, Petros, is called "cunning". It breaks where it's thin.

If the drawdown was 95%, then it will happen again. And everybody, who really trades, knows it. And no one needs to be fooled.

Another question about signals: why after subscribing to your signal, funds will be available after 37 days!!!