Making money on forex is impossible - page 22

yosuf:
Vladimir, if you set this kind of profitability, the drawdown should not exceed 50%, which I think is normal. Moreover, you should keep a second deposit in the DC safe just in case, but by no means give up! If we are ready to work under such tough conditions, only then we can succeed. This is from the experience of losing my own deposits, and I think there is enough experience of the same kind. I am convinced that the loss of any deposit is the result of excessive appetite. In this case, even the logic of the TS recedes into the background.

better 30, sleep better...

yosuf:
May it be 30, good night. Make yourself at home, but don't forget that you are a guest! Here too - sleep in, but don't forget that your deposit is at risk!

it depends on how much you torture MQL.... the result will still come out with persistence

There are many analogies and terms stored in my head in relation to graphics.

Sometimes I get confused by them.

But having searched around I couldn't find the term regularity, although there are analogues or whatever their synonyms are.

I'll take my leave now.

fozi:

I have zero absolute drawdown.

But no money is flying out of my pockets :(

On every trade?

khorosh:
On every transaction?

Absolutely! :)

yosuf:
Sergei, as you yourself have admitted, your optimism is based on analysis of stock markets, in my opinion, correct me if not, but, forex is much more complicated, as you also pointed out. Literally everyone is guided by forex as, banks and exchangers are guided by it.

You are a bit uninformed. My research lies here and just before you appeared on the forum. Here's my post on forex forecasting, and my use of the Kalman adaptive filtering mat apparatus

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/127297/page6#348311

go to the links look at the links, you can also look at this https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/127297/page17#369937 it's all forex and forecasting skills.

Z.I. In your previous post you said slip (that's a bit closer to a forecast), because any forecast is built in time and is defined by an ellipsoid of errors (slip in your terms). I'm sorry that the level of the forum has dropped, there are allegations (pompous phrases) just to make themselves important, but there is nothing behind the words. And if we add here all great variety of mathematical models and their parameters (which are necessary for the forecast), it would take tens if not hundreds of thousands of years to just enumerate all these piles of methods and techniques -.... But here comes the person who so easily and simply claims to have tried everything, researched everything and the best that can be achieved is like 14/100.

And I say you can get 100 out of 100... ))))

paukas:

30% with a 50% drawdown is not a good result.

At this kind of drawdown 100% is mediocre and a good result starts at 150%.

Well, if he has one turnover in 5 years. Then 30 * 5 = 150% is exactly what you get.

(A small remark: the market is a sphere of circulation)

Also, am I stupid or am I missing something?! Can anyone explain to me, in simple terms, so to speak, on the fingers, the difference between a drawdown and a loss?!

ratnasambhava:

Well, if he has one turnover in not a year, in 5 years. Then 30 * 5 = 150% is exactly what you get.

(A small remark: the market is a sphere of circulation)

Also, am I stupid or am I missing something?! Can anyone explain to me, in simple terms, so to speak, on the fingers, the difference between a drawdown and a loss?!

The loss is a fixed drawdown. A man entered the market and it (the market went against him) is a drawdown, for example, passed 100 points and then went back and TS (or man) has fixed the loss of 5 points (profit of 5 points is also possible). At that moment he had a drawdown of 100 pips (he was just sitting it out)

Prival:

A loss is a fixed drawdown. A person enters the market and it (the market went against him) is a drawdown, for example, passed 100 points, and then went back and TS (or man) has fixed the loss of 5 points (you can also make a profit of 5 points). At this moment he had a drawdown of 100 points (he just sat it out).

In other words, if we did not fix it, it is still a drawdown, but as soon as we did it, it turned into a loss. The whole difference is in the word fix. Let's assume this is the case.

Then it remains to deal with the word fix. What do you mean by that?

ratnasambhava:

In other words, if we have not committed it, it is still a drawdown, but as soon as you have committed it, it turns into a loss. The whole difference is in the word fix. Let's assume that this is the case.

Then we are left with the word fix. What is meant by it?

You have been given the wrong answer.

Let's look at an example. You started trading with 100 rubles, then 200, then 130, then 250.

So, the drawdown is 200-130 = 70.

That is, from the maximum of the funds before we subtract the minimum obtained in the process. That is, the depth of the deepest hole.

Whether it is fixed or not doesn't matter.