Nostalgic for the past? - page 8

Judging by the absence of the TC, the people are not cake and the discussion is not cake :)

pako:

I did my internship there and at OKBIKI in '79.
I also worked for Yablonsky at OKB IKI on the Pulsar XM and ART-P projects. My son lives in Germany, in Frankfurt am Main.

Spectrum was my first computer. It shaped the whole direction of my life. Thanks to my mum, for being advanced at the time and realising that computers were the future for my son!!!!! Early nineties. How many tape recorder heads were tweaked, joysticks broken....... It's funny to remember. Well and at the end of the nineties I programmed UMK on assembler. By the way no one had such a thing????

I used to write the program on the lab and did not have time to finish it. I think "Okay, the program is all on paper (duplicate entry on paper) tomorrow come finish it" Come the next day. You turn on UMK, type in yesterday's program. OPA.... It doesn't work. You start to figure it out and eventually the program changes dramatically. But if you do not have time to finish labs, tomorrow again all over again, in the morning the program does not work and really crap how am I so yesterday was able to save up here :-))) Ha ha ha. I always remember with humour. But here was the thing. If you do not have time to complete the task before the end of the lab. Tomorrow it's all over again!!!!! anyone has had this happen????? I admit that after those classes my brain was really cracking and bursting out :-)))))

artmedia70:
When I came to this forum, there was a fresh idea every day. I just read between the lines, absorbed them like a sponge. Nowadays, most of the time it's either bullshit or inventors of hyperboloids scribbling formulae on walls. But the profit is right at my feet. You just need to see it, and bend down for it. There are no fresh ideas. Boring.

How about "between"? :)))

In fact the "decline of forces" on the forum has been noticed for quite a long time. It seems (maybe only seems?) that any idea of profitable automated trading is doomed and will be crushed by the intrigues described by Leonid, while trading is not a robot.
I see the reason for the lack of new ideas as some "maturing" if you like. Tried, tested, tested - no fish. The standard indicators don't even elicit a wry grin. Locks, martins, griders, neurosets, avalanches, villagers, (18), rings, candelabras and other candybobbers in any combination - at most capable of creating the appearance of stable profits, postponing the inevitable margin call. The old-timers know this, and there is no "fresh meat". As soon as a newcomer says something stupid, he immediately gets a reasoned "squeeze" and that's it. The fight is guaranteed.

moskitman: Every time a newcomer says something stupid, he gets a reasoned "bang!" and that's it. The fight is over.

:)))

moskitman:

It's only in the pussies.

moskitman:

In fact, the "decline of strength" on the forum has been noticed for quite some time now. It seems (maybe only seems?) that any idea of profitable automated trading is doomed and will be defeated by the intrigues described by Leonid, while trading foundation is not_robotic.
I see the reason for the lack of new ideas as some "maturing" if you will. Tried, tested, tested - no fish. The standard indicators don't even elicit a wry grin. Locks, martins, griders, neurosets, avalanches, villagers, (18), rings, candelabras and other candybobbers in any combination - at most capable of creating the appearance of stable profits, postponing the inevitable margin call. The old-timers know this, and there is no "fresh meat". As soon as a newcomer says something stupid, he immediately gets a reasoned "squeeze" and that's it. The fight is guaranteed.

For (18), I'll answer if someone takes it on.

moskitman: Passed, tested, tested - no fish. The standard indicators don't even elicit a wry grin. Locks, martins, griders, neurosets, avalanches, villagers, (18), rings, candelabras and other candybusters in any combination are at most capable of creating the appearance of stable profits, postponing the inevitable margin call. The old-timers know this, and there is no "fresh meat". As soon as a newcomer says something stupid, he immediately gets a reasoned "squeeze" and that's it. The fight is guaranteed.

Yeah, that's right.

TheXpert:
Judging by the absence of the TC, the people are not cake and the discussion is not cake :)

Would you like some cake?

moskitman:

In fact, the "decline of strength" on the forum has been noticed for quite some time now. It seems (maybe only seems?) that any idea of profitable automated trading is doomed and will be defeated by the intrigues described by Leonid, while trading foundation is not_robotic.
I see the reason for the lack of new ideas as some "maturing" if you like. Tried, tested, tested - no fish. The standard indicators don't even elicit a wry grin. Locks, martins, griders, neurosets, avalanches, villagers, (18), rings, candelabras and other candybobbers in any combination - at most capable of creating the appearance of stable profits, postponing the inevitable margin call. The old-timers know this, and there is no "fresh meat". As soon as a newcomer says something stupid, he immediately gets a reasoned "squeeze" and that's it. The fight is guaranteed.

Fallen angel... :-)))