What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 31

Urain:
Pseudo-dealing mode? In which the tester requests to download the history not from a remote server, but from a file on your computer in a strictly defined directory and in a strictly defined format, and F2
is cheap and grey, and removes the crutches of substituting ticks instead of M1
Renat:

We're talking about millions of traders who at most agree to click the Start button.

Look at how it's done with MetaTrader 5, which is a head above MT4 when it comes to quotes. You just use the platform and don't bother yourself with history questions. Everything works and downloads automatically.

Generally of course it's strange to see algotraders testing continue to sit on MT4 and are unwilling to compare the MT5 tester. After the MT5 tester there is no point in going back to MT4.

ZS Renat, even if no one has it, why not become a trendsetter, there is a non-standard way to turn M1 into a tick offline chart, why not make it standalone?

alex_r:
I have already opened one, and with more than one broker:) So there is something to compare it to, how it was and how it is in the civilized world. I come here out of habit, like to troll)))))

You don't say that to me, but to those for whom you posted knowingly false statements.

You don't have any ticking data suitable for a serious backtest.

Renat:

We're talking about millions of traders who at most agree to click the Start button.

Look at how it's done with MetaTrader 5, which is a head above MT4 when it comes to quotes. You just use the platform and don't bother yourself with history questions. Everything works and downloads automatically.

Generally speaking, it is strange to see how algotraders who are testing continue to sit on MT4 and do not want to compare the MT5 tester. After MT5 tester there is no point in going back to MT4.

It's strange for me to hear that ;)

After all, the solution is just asking for itself, as you already have it implemented. If there is a tick history - the tester takes it, if not, it takes a minute one. Everything is transparent and hassle-free.

MT5 is not suitable for testing at all. And all for the same reason - the impossibility to work with one's own history base. The same reason - the impossibility to work with one's own history base. Well, children want to play, let them play.

Of course, it is strange to see how the practicing programmers continue to convince the practicing traders what they need and what they do not need.

Urain:
cheap and sulfurous, and will remove the crutches for substitution of ticks instead of M1
ZS Renat, well, even if no one has it, why not become a trendsetter, there is a non-standard way to turn the M1 into a tick offline graphic, why not make it regular?

The idea is to eventually introduce the ability to create custom online charts, and renko kagi and whatever else you like, will be kind of self-generating.

There would be no need to cover the bars with rectangles, in short a lot of inconsistencies would be eliminated.

chief2000:

It is a bad idea to deprive traders of the opportunity to use the quotes they want, very bad.
Here is an example, RTS - MT5 vs Finam:

Why has the exact name of the instrument in MT5 been hidden?

Two reasons there: the broker was not trading in MT5 at the time and did not glue the futures of that (September 2012) story together. Further futures history is glued together decently.

For traders to be able to analyse and use normal quotes, traders need to take brokers by the chest and demand that the underlying history be corrected. But it makes no sense to ask developers "I don't care about the correctness of the broker's history, I will upload mine myself". We are not going to make crutches, on the contrary, we are interested in brokers to have a standard history, which traders ask for.

So, categorically demand from the broker the correct history.

Urain:

The idea is to eventually introduce the ability to create custom online graphics, and renko kagi and whatever else you want, it will be like a self-generating thing.

There will be no need to cover the bars with rectangles, in short, a lot of inconsistencies will be eliminated.

++

testopal:

I'm surprised to hear that ;)

There are no more questions about you.

Live your life however you want, but watch what you say here. You won't be allowed to post nonsense here.

Renat:

Why was the exact name of the instrument hidden in MT5?

There are two reasons: the broker did not trade then and did not glue the futures of that (September 2012) story together. Further history is glued together decently.

Traders should grab brokers by the chest and demand to fix the underlying history for traders to be able to analyse it and use the normal quotes. But it makes no sense to ask developers "I don't care about the correctness of the broker's history, I will upload mine myself". We are not going to make crutches, on the contrary, we are interested in brokers to have a standard history, which traders ask for.

I didn't try to hide the name of the instrument in MT5 - it is the only one there and loaded from your own server, there are no other RTSs in my MT5.
Below is its description from MT5. It is clear that there is no point in trying to test something with it, and there is no alternative in MT5. It turns out that you yourself have limited the capabilities of your platform.

chief2000:

I haven't tried to hide the name of the instrument in MT5 - it is the only one there and is downloaded from your own server, there are no other RTS in my MT5.
Below is its description from MT5. It is clear that there is no point in trying to test something with it, and there is no alternative in MT5. It turns out that you yourself have limited the capabilities of your platform.

Not us, but the broker.

So you take an email/phone/Skype and start writing/calling/requesting a normal history from your broker where you have invested your money. The broker grumbles, spends 1-2 days, corrects the history and then starts to follow it up, understanding the traders requests. The result is a good story for you, as well as thousands of other traders who trade on the RTS.

The time of custom exports/imports with third-party custom software for 2.5 people is gone. Everything is now done in a single, state-of-the-art environment and provided as a mass service to millions.

Renat:

For traders to be able to analyse and use normal quotes, traders need to take brokers by the chest and demand that the underlying history be corrected. But it makes no sense to demand from the developers "I don't care about the correctness of the broker's history, I will upload mine myself". We are not going to make crutches, but on the contrary, we are interested in brokers to have a standard history, which traders ask for.

So categorically demand from the broker the correct history.

Let's break down the problem:

There is the developer of the terminal - it's MQ

There is a broker - this is CA

There are traders who are clients of DCs, but they use the terminal developed by MQ

So, the trader has no proper history (the broker has not glued it or combed it, which is also important), the trader writes to the broker ... but the broker does not care, because if he were interested in the situation he would do it without trader's letter.

Then the trader either votes with his feet (if it's already so critical), or appeals to MQ, to which you reply [here highlighted text from the quote] instead of giving a simple mechanism for the trader to solve the problem himself.

In fact, maybe only 10% of traders will solve this problem, and the rest of us are good enough to drain and post their negative comments on forums. But these 10% (the figure of the patsy) are just the part of the gurus who build the image of your development...