To all those who know Morse code - page 2

Sepulca:

Happy Holidays, guys))))

73!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QRZ de UA3XCM////

HP (_. ._.)

leonid553:
HP (_. ._.)
Sepulka (... .--... .-... .-...), thank you (... .--... .-... ---)! Remembered my youth!

Sta2066:
I had a friend who was a fan. I don't remember the call sign. Congratulations .

I had a father... had cards all over the wall... and I still have the key in my tools... :-)))

( I can only remember some of the letters already...:-(((( Well, I'll pass the SOS...:-)) ... _ _ _ ... )

My cousin (RV6ARZ) almost infected me in my youth. We were smoking the air with him at one time.

borilunad:
Sepulka (... .--... .-... .-...), thank you (... .--... .-... ---)! Reminded me of my youth!
Google doesn't know Morse code. )

This is the first time I've seen this particular representation of Morse code...

moskitman:

This is the first time I've seen this particular representation of Morse code...

Well, it's from probability theory. The more often a letter is repeated in a language, the shorter its code in Morse code... In your example, E is one dot, T is one dash. And then it goes on and on.

P.S. I promised to tear down the thread... Let it hang a bit longer, I'll take it down tonight.....

brici:

Morse code had practical applications before Google and the Internet existed. I know Morse code for Cyrillic, they didn't learn Morse code for Latin back then in the USSR. Better search Google for just "Morse code", I'll look it up now!

Anyone interested: http://www.dpva.info/Guide/GuideUnitsAlphabets/Alphabets/AlphabetMorze/

moskitman:

As I understand it, 1st row 1 character, 2nd row 2 characters etc. On the left, characters starting with a dot, and on the right, with a dash.

borilunad:
As I understand it, 1st row 1 character, 2nd row 2 characters, etc. On the left, characters starting with a dot, and on the right, with a dash.
Exactly. "Getting to" any letter calculates its morse code along its path.