Pure maths, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training tasks that have nothing to do with trade [Part 2] - page 24

A writing instrument with a calendar, of an original, distinctive design.

How long will you think, it's elementary, Watson.

The remote control for the air-conditioner.

Except that it assumes there is an air-conditioner.

moskitman:

I've met a lot of executives in my life with a complete mess on their desk, but they always had THIS on their desk. The one in charge, on the other hand...

(Already farting around)

A portable bone crusher?

moskitman:

I've met a lot of executives in my life with a complete mess on their desk, but they always had THIS on their desk. The one in charge, on the other hand...

(Already farting around)

THIS IS GLASS!

sand:

How long will you think, it's elementary, Watson.

The remote control for the air conditioning unit.

Except it assumes there's an air-conditioner.

BINGO!

Correct answer. The chief employee, even if he is an informal leader, always has the remote control for the split air conditioner on his desk.

moskitman:

BINGO!
Correct answer. The chief employee, even if he or she is an informal leader, always has the split remote on his or her desk.

That's great. I have so many remotes on my desk now: from the split, from the TV, from the DVD player, from the receiver, from the audio centre, from the video camera, from the TV tuner in the computer, from the chandelier. So I have perspective.

moskitman:

BINGO!

Correct answer. The chief employee, even if he or she is an informal leader, always has the split remote on his or her desk.

But if there is no remote control, how can you tell?

moskitman:

BINGO!

Correct answer. The chief employee, even if he or she is an informal leader, always has a split-split remote on his or her desk.

The answer is not always correct, because in our company, for example, the remote control for the air conditioner is always on the desk where it is more convenient to work with and closer to the device.

DmitriyN:
That's great. I have so many remotes on my desk now: from the split, from the TV, from the DVD player, from the receiver, from the audio centre, from the camcorder, from the TV tuner in my computer, from the chandelier. So I have perspective.

Big boss adnaka

moskitman: The main employee, even if he or she is an informal leader, always has a split-screen remote on his or her desk.
Well, that may be true in Krasnodar. This was not the case in one of the companies I worked for.