Pure maths, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training tasks that have nothing to do with trade [Part 2] - page 21

Integer:

Maybe it's not like that, but there's clearly more intricacy than meets the eye.

Give me a template for a circle.

TheXpert:
Give me a template for the circle.

In private.

Integer:

...Check the whole area, whether the point is inside the figure or not. Then approach the finished figure from four sides and colour the outline.

It came out this way. I didn't have to divide it into quarters and halves, it was symmetrical in itself.

A clone of the thread has been created on Five, and there's already a problem there.

Explain how a swarm of bees can emit a frequency of the order of 30 Hz

At first I thought that the difference in the phases of the wings' vibrations added up to a low frequency, but after watching the video this idea seems wrong

>

Rorschach:

Explain how a swarm of bees can emit a frequency of the order of 30 Hz

At first I thought that the difference in the phases of the wings' vibrations added up to a low frequency, but after watching the video this idea seems wrong

averaged out )

A 10-point challenge. Why the quacking of ducks doesn't make an echo. Well done to those who solve it :)

The quack of a duck

Myth assertion Status Comments Off on
The quack of a duck does not produce an echo. Refuted In the process of testing with an acoustics expert, it was found that there is an echo from a quack quack, but it is difficult to distinguish it from the original sound because it has a very similar structure. That is, it is difficult to determine when the quack ends and the quack echo begins. The myth has also been verified in the British programmeBrainiac: Science Abuse.

sergeev:

The quack of a duck

Myth assertion Status Comments Off on
The quack of a duck does not produce an echo. Refuted In the process of testing with an acoustics expert, it was found that there is an echo from a quack quack, but it is difficult to distinguish it from the original sound because it has a very similar structure. That is, it is difficult to determine when the quack ends and the quack echo begins. The myth has also been verified in the British programmeBrainiac: Science Abuse.
OK, so the British scientists have already solved the problem. But My Planet doesn't know about it and says that scientists are puzzling over why a quacking duck doesn't produce an echo. TV is evil.

Well, if the ducks have been dealt with more or less quickly, here's the next brain-training exercise...

How do you identify at a glance the main employee in an office you don't know? Here you are, people are sitting, kind of working, monitors are turned away from you, on the tables of papers, buttons, pens and other stuff ... Who is in charge? Who do I talk to?