Pure maths, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training tasks that have nothing to do with trade [Part 2] - page 22

moskitman:

Well, if the ducks have been dealt with more or less quickly, here's the next brain-training exercise...

How do you identify at a glance the main employee in an office you don't know? Here you are, people are sitting, kind of working, monitors are turned away from you, on the tables of papers, buttons, pens and other stuff ... Who is in charge? Who do I talk to?

You have to say hello. Go in and say: "Good afternoon". Whoever answers, that's who you start communicating with. It is not always the leader who is in charge. The herd mentality may be generated by someone else. Then he/she finds himself/herself in the lead and the others in the slave position (psychologically). I have repeatedly observed this in practice - I had to walk around a lot of offices in my time.

drknn:

You have to say hello. Walk in and say: "Good afternoon". Whoever answers, that's who you start communicating with. It is not always the leader who is in charge. The herd mentality may be generated by someone else. Then he/she finds himself/herself in the lead and the others in the slave position (psychologically). I have repeatedly observed this in practice - I had to walk around a lot of offices in my time.
wrong answer

moskitman:
wrong answer

The answer is confirmed by practice :) By repeated practice.

moskitman:
wrong answer

If it's a business meeting, I always know who I'm going to see. I am expected there.

If the meeting is casual, the beginning of the conversation looks something like this: "Hello, I really need your help..." Works always and without a misfire.) You will be served at your best no matter how busy people seem.

drknn:

The answer is confirmed by practice :) Repeated practice.
Come on, what if the answer to your good day is zero? Well, there are bastard offices that have visitors that "interfere with their work", aren't there?

DhP:

If it is a business meeting, I always know who I am going to see. I am expected there.

If the meeting is casual, the beginning of the conversation goes something like this: "Hello, I really need your help..." It always works without a hitch). You will be served at your best no matter how busy people seem.

It's not always effective to talk to a crowd either; you have to talk to a specific person so that they don't have a chance to play the raghead, like if it's not for me.

moskitman:

Well, if the ducks have been dealt with more or less quickly, here's the next brain-training exercise...

How do you identify at a glance the main employee in an office you don't know? You go in, people are sitting, working, monitors are turned away from you, there are papers, buttons, pens and other stuff on the tables ... Who is in charge? Who do I talk to?

Who is least likely to be the one who makes a big show of activity. Not even that, the one who clicks the mouse is in charge:).

Rorschach:

Who is the least feisty of all

You walk into an office. There are, for example, six desks. One of them belongs to the shithead, the rest are subordinates. Everyone's quietly staring at their computers. You can't tell who's making all this fuss and who's actually working. :)

moskitman:
Come on, what if in response to your good day zero attention? Well, there are bastard offices, which visitors like "interfere with work"?

Yeah, I've seen a lot of them. There was even a competition in our firm to see who could bring the most annoying piece of paper from the office door at the end of the day, cutting off distributors. They brought in all kinds of stuff. :) There were even warnings about distributors entering through a bubble.

In general, if people don't respond to your greeting, or if the reaction is late, you should watch the eyes of the team - people should look at one person as if looking for their approval. Well, let's just say they all shoot their eyes in one direction - towards the boss :)

Or the one whose opinion is the unquestioned authority.

Rorschach:

Whoever makes the least noise is in charge. Not even that, whoever clicks the mouse is in charge:).

Whoever clicks the mouse the most is playing bomb maker.

It's cold.