Pure maths, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training tasks that have nothing to do with trade [Part 2] - page 19

sanyooooook:
Yes, I know that on the last page I found the answers. Describe how you solved it. The "scientific method"?

Of course not.

x is the number of students.

x=x/2+x/4+x/7+3

sand:

Of course not.

x is the number of students.

x=x/2+x/4+x/7+3

that's a different conversation.

ZS: there were no mega-brains back then

Mislaid: But some denominations believe that 0 is a natural number.
Natural is the way we were taught in Russia, i.e. whole and greater than zero.

Mathemat:
Natural is the way we were taught in Russia, i.e. whole and greater than zero.

Careful with definitions, you may offend people's feelings on some social or religious grounds.

sand:

Careful with the definitions, you might offend people's sensibilities on some social or religious grounds.

Yep.

Since real life does persistently seep into this spherical-vacuum branch, I venture to throw in some "mind-blasting explosives".

Why here? The answer is simple: all the local intellectual mafia elite come here.

// Well, I'd like to raise the intellectual level of the community...

// And so I try to regularly introduce the sensible, the good and the eternal into the ranks of those present. And also the crazy, the unhinged, and the zen-in-the-moment.

Therefore. Before you scold me, ban me for being off-topic and delete me "off-topic", I beg you to download and read 20 pages. Specifically from 25 to 45.

If you do not like it or find it harmful - you can stonewall delete the post and put in a cycle with nails. (; But dare not before. ;)

// The text of the practical exercises must also be read. Perform on first reading is not necessary... :-)

So, I bring to the attention of regulars (and not only) a seminal book on Leary's outlines.

Robert Anton Wilson. The Psychology of Evolution.

It's a real kick-ass book. Hold on tight...

;)

--

There is also a torrent (I put in the trailer). Format: DjVu, PDF, DOC.

MetaDriver:

Therefore. Before scolding, banning for offtop and deleting "due to irrelevance", a small request: download and read 20 pages. Specifically from 25 to 45.

Due to a change in page numbering in the second edition, the aforementioned excerpt cut and put in the trailer. In order not to miss it. (docx format)
Files:
1_and_2.zip  102 kb

x'=x*cos(f)-y*sin(f);
y'=x*sin(f)+y*cos(f);

y=k*sqrt(r^2-x^2);

Express y' over x', i.e. get the function y'=F(x') so that the function has no x and y and determine the limits of x' at which y' exists.

This is a function of a rotated ellipse.

If anyone is not lazy...

It won't work. The general form of the equation is:

a1*x'^2 + a2*y'^2 + a3*x' + a4*y' + a5*x'*y' + a6 = 0;

Ideally, all the coefficients can be expressed analytically, but you can't get to the form y'=F(x').

In order to estimate the range of values, we can take the derivative at the known coefficients.

TheXpert:

It won't work...

It has to be, you have to believe:) Maybe not through deductions, maybe it will come to pass.

How about approaching it from the other end? Through the transition from polar coordinates...