FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 16: June 2012) - page 81

The thread about predictions and trends has turned into shenanigans.

Let's have less words == more meaning,

Today we see against the dol, yen correlating >50 novz and austral up, if they continue their movement then wait for a reversal on the former (which seems unlikely, went into the shizzle).

The yen may bounce back

Serg51:

Wrote an owl a month ago. Opens from horizontal levels calculated by Gunn. I've been thinking about how to filter out false breaks/reversals. I invented the Gann oscillator that counts the percentage of bullish and bearish swings for a certain period of time. I attached it to my owl as a filter. This is what I got in my tester:

I'm betting it on the real. I will post the result.

Better not the result, but the owl itself or a formal description of the strategy :)

wmlab:
Better not the result, but the owl itself or a formal description of the strategy :)

What's Murad's prediction?

A quick note on the highlights for today.

09:45 MSK Swiss franc traders are advised to pay attention to the publication of information on the unemployment rate in Switzerland for May. Recall that in April the unemployment rate in this country was 3.1% and in general the market expects it to increase to 3.2%.

11:15 MSK, Switzerland will release the consumer price index for May. According to analysts' forecasts, the index rose 0.1% m/m, the same as a month earlier.

12:28 MSK in the UK will publish a business activity index for the service sector for May.

The Bank of England will meet on 7 June to decide on its key interest rate at 15:00 MSK. It is worth noting that in general analysts do not expect the rate to change, which is now at 0.5%. However, comments from the Bank of England officials on the country's economic outlook could be of interest to pound sterling traders.

At 16:30 MSK, the US will release information on the number of initial jobless claims over the past week. It is worth noting that a week earlier this figure suddenly went up to 383K and if it continues to rise, it could put pressure on the dollar.

At 18:00 MSK, US Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will address the Joint Economic Committee of the US Congress in Washington, DC, giving a forecast of the economic situation in the country.

19:00 MSC, Atlanta Fed Chairman Dennis Lockhart will speak.

21:15 MSC, head of the Minneapolis Fed Narayana Kocherlakota will speak.

Vizard:

1.5 is a bit much.... )))...
No big deal - it's not that big a number 33 (it's not 45) comes quickly (profits need fixing) and back (same on Greece)

IgorM:

So it's about Greece, I don't know how you manage to analyze news flow and look for patterns on charts in this thread - I'm low-performance, I only have time to stare at charts for 4-5 hours a day and count and count ... all counting, how many trends per year, how many price returns, how many shadow heights of monthly bars, how many weekly bars without shadow.....

and it turns out it's all about Greece, oh yeah!!! There was a saying in my school days: Greece has it all - it's definitely all about Greece! :)

No it's not about Greece - it's about the no-trends (oversold overbought)

..if the eva hasn't gone up in 8 hours it means it's thinking of a deep correction....

Ishim:
No big deal - it's not that big a number - 33 (it's not 45) comes off quickly (profits need fixing) and back again (same on Greece)

1.263 roughly...and higher (at the peaks)...short it won't go wrong...soon down)))

Vizard:

1.263 roughly...and higher (on the peaks)...shorting can't be wrong...soon down)))
yesterday with short stops (((, now in buying for now - ((