Humour - page 135

tara:
Will it work out 720? (approximately)
I don't know how much it would be, but I personally know someone who can calculate it. We have a huge book in several volumes, "The Chemist's Handbook", there is a table for alcohol solutions.

Mathemat:

The error wasn't very big.

When diluting Royal, 1 litre of alcohol needed 1.5 litres of water. The strength was something close to vodka. But I didn't check it with a areometer.

Could it be fatal - 300 ml of alcohol without a snack and at once?

Yeah, and - if your liver and brain aren't used to it. We're talking about an adult with a body weight of 75-80kg.

Mathemat:
Да и вообще мне больше нравился чистый спирт.

Is pure alcohol even safe to drink? It is said to be poisonous.

What's it got to do with densities? It's about volumes. Vodka is 40% vol. (should be) that's what they call turnover for these percentages by volume.

tara: Yes, and if the liver and the brain are not used to it. We're talking about an adult weighing 75-80 kg.

That's a different story.

Well, I certainly can't take that much. I get drunk quickly. Never consumed more than 400-500ml of vodka at a time, as far as I can remember.

moskitman: What's density got to do with it? It's about volumes.

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say.

But on the other hand, apparently, when you combine 1 litre of water and 1 litre of alcohol you get not 2 litres of liquid. I don't know about that.

DmitriyN: Is pure alcohol even safe to drink? They say it is poison.

Well, you never know what they say. Royal in the '90s was more popular than vodka because it was cheaper.

I'm not talking about large doses. If it's 50 grams (pure), it's tolerable. The main thing is not to suffocate.

DmitriyN:
Is pure alcohol even safe to drink? It is said to be poisonous.

Alcohol is a terrible poison that destroys the personality.

moskitman:
What's it got to do with densities? It's about volumes. Vodka is 40% vol. (should be) that's what they call volume percentages.
I thought it was by weight, it's simpler than that.

tara:
Alcohol is a terrible poison that destroys the personality.
Oh, yes.

100ml 96% alcohol + 146ml water = 40% vodka (246ml)

300ml 96% alcohol + 438ml water = 40% vodka (738ml).

On an empty stomach, drunk without a snack in one gulp, it may kill you. But if you drink it with a snack in small shots and in hot company, the body manages to adapt and prepare itself for even bigger dose. You can drink gallons of vodka that way.