MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 70

f.t.: The TS never works. sometimes it just happens to keep up with the market.

Well, that's basically what my TCs do in a sideways position, and then pop, .... и (((

Can't get past ... I'll add my three cents about mt4 not much left .... I may not be interesting, but the gist of it is that I am a trader with 6 years of experience. 2 years ago I coded a little for myself. I have started coding for myself a couple of years ago. With the release of MT5 I had great expectations in terms of convenience, but it turns out that it is more oriented to programmers, not traders..... or those who look for Expert Advisors. I don't think so, but it turns out that mt5 is more oriented not on traders but on programmers . what do i see now? I see the same Mt4 with minor modifications. I do not know what to do with it, I do not know how to do it properly, and I do not know what to do with it. I'm not interested in it as a trader .... Probably that's the reason why more and more different terminals from brokers appear. I am confused why this super terminal hasn't become more popular than MT4? To be completely honest I would call this topic "MT4 and MT5 have not long to live" .... Z.U. Opinion of one of traders ........

Mathemat:
Checked out the English-language forum of the five. There is a similar thread, but the activity and interest is incomparable to that on the Russian-language forum.

This is Alexey's latest post in the OpenCL thread on the 5ks forum https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/6042/page41

And I think there is an important message in those words.

So why are western colleagues not so interested in OpenCL?

Quite simply, people in the West have the only goal - to make money.

Our homebrew "radio amateurs" with Soviet mentality are always ready to play with ball drawing speed for nothing.

MK developed a toy for geeks' mental exercises, but not for meeting traders' real needs.

OnGoing:

This is Alexey's latest post in the OpenCL thread on the 5ks forum https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/6042/page41

And I think there is an important message in those words.

So why are western colleagues not so interested in OpenCL?

Quite simply, people in the West have the only goal - to make money.

Our homebrew "radio amateurs" with Soviet mentality are always ready to play with ball drawing speed for nothing.

MK has developed a toy for the mental exercise of geeks, but not for the real needs of traders.

Maybe our feeble-minded colleagues in the west don't know how to make money with these free balloons? :-))

Zhunko:
Maybe our feeble-minded colleagues in the West do not know how to make money with these free balloons? :-))

Well, then I'll clarify. These are Renat's own words from this post.

Если разработчик эксперта сможет распараллелить задачу на сотни и тысячи независимых потоков, то GPU даст 10-100 кратное ускорение.
Но в большинстве одиночных задач (для примера - трейдинг и индикаторы) вычисления идут последовательно, что не дает шанса эффективно параллелить процессы.

And who, you ask, needs these balloons?)

Zhunko:
Maybe our feeble-minded colleagues in the west don't know how to make money with these free balloons? :-))
Maybe they know how to mess with our brains with balloons ??? Especially the free ones !!! We love free stuff !!! )))))))

In the west, people have one goal - to make money from....bashing their fellow man...

Just read the English-language forum, and poke around on English-language resources, there is nothing but - here I am, or the intersection of muwicks.

But a lot of beautiful "trading systems" that have nothing behind them.

FAQ:

In the west, people have one goal - to make money from....bashing their neighbour...

Erm, I think this is at least as pronounced on Russian forums.

MT4 is just not that popular there :))

OnGoing:

And who, you ask, needs these balls?)

Someone who needs to parallelise the task. It's obvious, isn't it?

And English-speaking MQL4/5 forums are usually "sluggish". Apparently, this is because they visit the forum to get some business, not to b*tch, like some guys here.

joo:

Someone who needs to parallelise the task. It's obvious, isn't it?

It remains to clarify what is meant by "the task", because this is a key question.)

if the task is to write a super-fast Expert Advisor, no matter how it trades, but it goes through a basket of 500 pairs in a second - then yes!

If you trade by hand on the market, what's the point of that speed if you're trading at a maximum speed of a mouse moving over the screen anyway? ;)

this is a fact. the best way to make them work is to focus on usability of terminal for a human working behind it and make balls for humans instead of for GPU.