MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 50

C-4:

It has been made clear to you that in order to maintain the integrity of the software product, any tampering from outside will be severely curtailed. MT5 has adopted Apple's idiology - only licensed content through iStores, only "correct" quotes through your broker.
I want to commend myself: I figured this out 20 sheets ago

faa1947:
Once again your post, but in different words. There are no clients on this thread who are targeted by the MT
that's for sure but I wish I did (

faa1947:
Once again your post, but in different words. There are no clients on this thread who are targeted by the MT

MT provides all the facilities for trading. But there are professional tools and there are tools for people. The word professional here means that this tool is very difficult to use and requires special knowledge, and not that it provides any features that are not available to "people".

So don't forgive a product that's not going to work in real life anyway. Professional tools are expensive and you have to know the ins and outs of them to use them, otherwise the results will be far from reality. Otherwise, the results will be far from reality. Professional chemicals differ from household detergents because they are more concentrated and do not forgive mistakes. But it does not do anything magical.

And you can see from the reaction that you will forgive a tool for three people but it will require a lot of work. And I do not understand what Zhiguli and Mercedes have to do with it.

C-4:

You've been made clear that in order to maintain the integrity of the software product, all sorts of tweaks from outside will be severely suppressed. MT5 has adopted Apple's idiology - only licensed content through iStores, only correct quotes through your broker.

If it's a nonsense, it doesn't make for a company that develops autotrading in every way.

And I haven't heard any arguments that the system developers don't need it yet. I've already said, debugging even a muwings strategy on your own ticks is easier - you know in advance where the entries should be.

If implementation of such "custom tick/stack" testing requires too much time and resources - I understand, but they stubbornly ignore the request.

And they reduce the conversation to tick history. That's another topic. I wrote earlier that the history of ticks is not enough - it's time for a history of tumblers).

And implementing such a testing mode would add another chevron to the product.

I'm sure.

SProgrammer

And you can tell by the reaction that you will forgive a tool for three people and it will take a lot of work to do it.

You apparently don't understand that we are talking about a completely artificial restriction on the part of the developers. Here is a simple example of how such restrictions are removed on an MT4 tester through hacking. So why these artificial restrictions? Afraid for the reputation of the tester reports? Well, nothing prevents us from writing in red letters that our testing is performed on a custom report and we are not responsible for the result.

SProgrammer:

MT provides all the opportunities for trading. But there are professional tools and there are tools for people. The word professional here means that the tool is very difficult to use and requires special knowledge, not that it provides any opportunities that are not available to "people" tools.

So don't forgive a product that's not going to work in real life anyway. Professional tools are expensive and you have to know the ins and outs of them to use them, otherwise the results will be far from reality. Otherwise, the results will be far from reality. Professional chemicals differ from household detergents because they are more concentrated and do not forgive mistakes. But it does not do anything magical.

And you can see from the reaction that you will forgive a tool for three people but it will require a lot of work. And I do not understand what Zhiguli and Mercedes have to do with it.

You are a late comer and there is a definite history here and the allegations against MT are much more serious: MT is deliberately blocking opportunities that would allow more traders to trade successfully. Read the thread from the beginning. Several quite different requests have been made - the answer is the same: we are doing fine and with my last posts I completely agreed - MT is doing fine and clarified who exactly and for whose account.

hrenfx:
What you don't seem to understand is that we are talking about a completely artificial restriction on the part of the developers. Here is a simple example of how such restrictions are removed on an MT4 tester through hacking. So why these artificial restrictions? Afraid for the reputation of the tester reports? Well, nothing prevents us from writing in red letters that our testing is performed on a custom report and we are not responsible for the result.

Look - MT is a terminal and a server. OK? Ok, you have tested on your ticks and got a super - but the server doesn't produce such ticks, so why should we embed something in the terminal that will never happen?

I've already suggested - there is an optimizer, and high-performance, super-fast, the same as a tester, works on any ticks, even on your ones, even on 100 gigabit. But there are only three of you, and I, too, have to work to use it. What's the point? If so few people need it. Rinat has the same logic. IMHO.

hrenfx:
What you don't seem to understand is that we are talking about a completely artificial restriction on the part of the developers. Here is a simple example of how such restrictions are removed on an MT4 tester through hacking. So why these artificial restrictions? Afraid for the reputation of the tester reports? Well, nothing prevents us from writing in red letters that our testing is performed on a custom report and we are not responsible for the result.
The custom history is a much more powerful thing than that shown in the last pages. It allows us to test the trading system, not debug the Expert Advisor. MT very strictly restricts any attempts to build the TS in a meaningful way. That's why they say a lot of crap about gigabytes of ticks.

faa1947:
You are a late comer and there is a definite history here and the allegations against MT are much more serious: MT is deliberately blocking opportunities that would allow more traders to trade successfully. Read the thread from the beginning. Several quite different requests have been made - the answer is the same: we are doing fine and with my last posts I completely agreed - MT is doing fine and clarified who exactly and for whose account.

I don't think it's only MQ that is preventing you from trading successfully.

I personally do not see the logic that MQ is doing something to their detriment on purpose. And it is not even clear why they do it. On the contrary, if all MQ cool to make money they would sell more servers.

SProgrammer:

Well look - MT is the terminal and the server. OK? OK, you have run on your ticks and got super - but the server does not produce such ticks, so why build something into the terminal that will never happen?

I've already suggested - there is an optimizer, and high-performance, super-fast, the same as a tester, works on any ticks, even on your ones, even on 100 gigabit. But there are only three of you, and I, too, have to work to use it. What's the point? If so few people need it. Rinat has the same logic. IMHO.

Don't get too excited, we are talking about debugging MQL5 code.

And you can test abstract strategies in Matlab...