MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 43

jelizavettka:

Only how to deal with changes retroactively..... in principle... statistics can be output to a file and then compared...

Why to a file? All the orders are in the history - you can scan periodically and check the amount.

jelizavettka:

It's cool, but there's a fee. If I go to the real world, I'll have to buy a boot).

I was going to write a couple of similar functions myself... Only how to deal with changes retroactively..... in principle... we can output statistics to a file, and then compare...

And candlesticks, which are shot by DC to filter as false signals..... arbitrage... and don't use stops - so they don't shoot down... exit according to the market... although you might run into a retracement...

I don't know why it slows down, maybe the structure is so bad...., I only get signals from MT4.

Andrei01:
Why to a file? All orders are in the history - you can scan periodically and check the amount.
It seems to me that they can change the history as well...

Renat:
hrenfx:

Which Quick?! If it's about replacing a platform for hamsters, that's one thing. If we're talking about serious algotrading - then at the very least we need to outperform that solution

I wasn't talking about crutches for nothing.

The said program works exclusively through external programs and connectors (Quick, AlphaDirect, SmartCOM, Plaza II) and has a lot of technical limitations, which are imposed by imperfection of the host/executing system. It's similar to what MetaStock and TradeStation users went through 10 years ago when trying to connect feeds with analytics. And the historical data must be imported from the outside, because only few interfaces provide deep tick history.

Yes, such links can work, but not massively and only under the strict control of the authors, who forgive themselves any faults of such constructions.

That's the main problem, MT5 as well as its predecessor was created for dealing centres providing spot currency "trading". Its business logic is not adapted to exchange trading, particularly to trading in the futures section. And there is a whole class of investors investing their money in shares, or placing their assets in bonds, or creating option strategies to hedge their risks of the underlying asset ownership. MT5 will never be able to provide business solutions for these groups of investors and traders, and it is these groups that are the most capitalized and most influential market participants. These groups do not need the support of OpenCL or the cloud of distributed computing, but they need the programs to be able to freely operate with such concepts as "variation margin", "clearing fee", "delivery contract" (etc., the list is very long). None of this exists in MT5 and, as I understand it, is not forthcoming.

Our team manages millions of rubles on the FORTS futures section of the Russian stock market. I learned firsthand the importance of the word "infrastructure" when trading on the Russian stock market using robots practically means writing your own trading terminal. It took us many months to develop our trading platform based on StockSharp. And yet we opted for a combination of Quick + StockSharp instead of the MT5 terminal. It's not even that MT5 doesn't work on our exchange. Your tightly integrated software package is unable to implement those essential business processes which have to be established for trading on exchanges. No single integrated software product can provide them. If you really want to trade seriously, sooner or later, you will need your own database server, quotes handling system, including independent suppliers of these quotes, like eSignals, research and optimization system, ability to integrate third-party products like MathLab into your complex, and many other things that DC-traders with their $100 deposits placed on the public offer may not even occur to them.

Big capital requires different management, the software product either solves its problems or is replaced by another one. And the sad thing is precisely that MT5 could have been the product that would have successfully carved out a niche on the stock market, but it didn't happen. You have created such an "integrity" of the product that integrating it with other business systems has become either very difficult or simply pointless, as it is easier to use third-party developments. In addition, again, MT5 does not take into account exchange specifics (the transition to the netting system and the appearance of tumblr are not enough), de facto, like its predecessor, MT5 has remained a terminal for trading currencies in the brokerage companies. And this despite the fact that MT5 as well as MT4 has two golden advantages over other competitors: 1. minimal time and cost in the deployment of the underlying business process 2. Absolute reliability and resilience in the execution of MTS logic.

You, on the other hand, are still putting a lot of customer support work on the brokers themselves. Brokers themselves don't tend to do a great job, or even a good job, for the simple reason that supporting all customer business processes is not their core business. For example, until brokers start making money from providing historical data, the quality of instrument history will always be abysmal and insufficient. And so in everything which is not directly related to order execution (brokers' core business).

So is it not better, not to tighten the screws, but at least allow users to freely integrate your terminal into their individual business process? And do not forget that the slogan "All or nothing!" often has the advantage in the right side.

Альтернативы торговли в стакане по данным "брокера" пока не вижу.

faa1947:
I think so.

Here we go, the brokers with the body access fee are back. Leverage is provided by the broker only as an additional service. Brokers are only involved in the delivery of quotes, futures and options as intermediaries, which they still are.

The struggle between which code should be open and which should be closed has long since evolved into an eternal struggle between good and evil (what is good and what is evil I will not venture to say). MathLab which you cited as an example is not an open source project (though I may have missed something, please point out my mistake). The same as Matlab is written in Matlab, the client terminal can be written in MQL5 (I don't know about the server part, but with some deviousness it may also be possible).

So please tell me why:

faa1947:
You're the one who's delusional or has fallen from the moon.

jelizavettka:
I think they can change the history as well...

ah... right, then you have to save it to a file.

and maybe you can also use external monitoring like onyx as an independent record.

Andrei01:

I do not know what to do with this kind of bullshit.

And you can probably use external monitoring such as onyx as an independent entry.

Yes) In general it is possible to open in several brokerage companies with the same strategy and depo. And create a public honesty rating of brokerage companies. - Let them compete to see who will please this trader more)).

They will not stop but profits will be knocked down)) (just kidding)

Martingeil:
So trade where there are no requotes and all that nonsense, I like MT4 but apart from analysis there is no speed in opening trades I don't know why it slows down, maybe the structure is so...., I only get signals from MT4.
I like MT4 too. And the requotes are not because of the terminal, but because of the DC that sets up requotes in mlagin.... The possibilities of what you can't talk about here are wide .

Martingeil:

And who made up this commission in forex, especially MT4 ECN brokers, they charge more commission...

I would say their services are not good for a trader, they are just a well promoted brand and they do not pay for it :)...

According to them, it (commission) is now their main (and almost the only) source of income)...

jelizavettka:
I like MT4 too. And the requotes are not because of the terminal, but because of the DC that sets up requotes in mlagin.... The possibilities of what you can't talk about here are wide.

What is your ping to the server? Maybe a delayed reaction to the price is the reason for the rakwot? You also have a five digit number...

;)