MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 23

With virtual stops. Thank you, trade on your own.

Renat:

You used politics as circumstantial evidence of "fucked up the country, democrats, yes we are in the sixties etc".

Before issuing thoughts about improving someone else's product, about which you have no practical knowledge, it is advisable to familiarise yourself with it, rather than issuing statements:

• this tester cannot test any strategies in principle
  • it does not test from a universally recognized
  • nothing special for programmers (compare with C++)
  • nothing meaningful for traders, only fussy postures
  • a set of indicators - most of them have nothing to do with the trading platform
  • Talking about the tools (components) to build the TS is ridiculous at all

I'm afraid it's you who don't know what you're talking about and at the same time arguing with the developer of five generations of trading platforms, who has spent the last 12 years developing systems on a daily basis.

Take a hint and read the table of contents of theeconometrics textbook.

-Aleksey-:
It's like a policy of double standards. When someone tells you about downloading history, for example, you do not listen to anyone and do not see that this feature is almost everywhere, and I'm urged to look around. You talk about your own experience, but you do not want to listen to traders' experience. Where is your integrity?

Uploading your own history?

We are already past that stage - we care about the overall stability of all processes, so we do such a solution, which minimizes problems for hundreds of thousands and millions of traders, including brokers. There have been enough problems because of the history in MT4.

That is, we are looking much wider than the position of the trader, who does not think about other people's techsupport, nor about other people's problems. The task of maximizing the common good gives the solution "the story should be automatic with correction of any errors and never give a reason for its absence".

So there's no double standard - we're making a whole "click and get it" solution instead of "100 people out of N million have an opportunity to download their history, it's unclear where it came from".

TheXpert:

With virtual stops. Thank you, trade on your own.

When I need to run several TPs on one symbol, I will of course modify them to use real stop orders instead of virtual ones. But in general the system is working and therefore there is no need to re-invent the wheel.

It's like they say: whoever wants it, looks for opportunities, whoever doesn't want it, looks for reasons.

faa1947:
Take a load off and read the table of contents of the "Econometrics" textbook. I repeat: the textbook.

Gah :) what does econometrics have to do with it? do you know any other words?

We can connect almost any maths tool to 4. In 5, we connect at least as well.

Reshetov:

But by and large, the system works, and therefore there is no need to reinvent the wheel, but just a little more work.

We have to saw a lot. It's all raw, there's a hint of a concept there. There's no way to get it onto the real thing.

As the saying goes: Whoever wants it, looks for opportunities, whoever doesn't want it, looks for reasons.

Plee... you saw the platform a month ago, but you sound like a developer. I'm looking for reliable solutions.

faa1947:
Take a hint and read the table of contents of the econometrics textbook.

Thanks for the tutorial advice.

But there's probably a misunderstanding here: no one has curtailed you in doing any mathematical and statistical research in either MT4 or MT5. And in MT5 there are much more possibilities both in terms of new types of variables, structures and computational power.

What class of calculations or methods are you missing?

faa1947:
Turn the heat down and read the table of contents of the econometrics textbook.
Fa, if you don't like the terminal, why didn't you choose a different one?

Renat:

I'm afraid you don't even appreciate the consequences of such advice. Or, on the contrary, you wish the system to die as soon as possible. Over the years we have listened to a lot of beautiful and sincere advice to "hit the wall".

No, I am generally satisfied with the MT5 system and I don't want to stop the project MT5, of course there are problems with historical data, but not about that

If in the Strategy Tester there was a ticker "use MT4 compatible mode" which would set two opposite orders with 0 volume instead of closing a position at opening a counter order, then maybe the problem would disappear.00, maybe there would be no questions from inexperienced users "why lots don't exist, bring back lots!", I don't have problems with MT5, well, almost none...