[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 561

zaxod1:
I wanted to make money on free EAs, but I've been messing around with your codes - I need them to cut against the trend.

Here we go. That's something ))))

Where's the thanks?

I made two EAs, plucked pieces of codes from everywhere, one eagle is flying in the trend, the other eagle owl vs. vomit - still the eagle owl rules!

zaxod1:
I made two EAs, plucked pieces of codes from everywhere, one eagle is flying in the trend, the other eagle owl vs. vomit - still the eagle owl rules!
How do you switch trend/float?

I put the orders further away to keep the noise down.

new-rena:

It's everywhere.... Whatever the strategy - there will always be something off to put it mildly.

What do you propose to do in this case - bail out the negative profits that is???

There is simply the technology to predict such a disaster with a 55-60% probability.

911:

There's just the technology to predict such a disaster with a 55-60% probability.
I would be grateful if you could tell me anything and how to deal with it

new-rena:
I would be grateful if you could tell me anything and how to deal with it

I would also be grateful if someone told me) Today, people do not like to share an exclusive worthwhile and verified information for free.

911:

You'll run into a lot of trouble like this:

"Often" is not a criterion. First of all, we need to determine the remote probability of profit and loss at TP=SL+spread. And this is what I suggest the villagers do, and then dance from the simple to the complex. I have an understanding of how to do this. If they are ready and know how to program in mql5, they may try. This will in any case be more useful than hacking and pipsing with over-simulation.

4x-online:
"Often" is not a criterion. Firstly, we need to determine the remote probability of profit and loss at TP=SL+spread. And this is the study I suggest the villagers to do, and then dance from simple to complex. I have an understanding of how to do this. If they are ready and know how to program in mql5, they may try. This will in any case be more useful than hacking and pipsing with over-simulation.

When I was talking about the trend/flat I was talking about it - the criterion! There is a branch with a good analyzer https://c.mql4.com/forum/2008/04/TrendFletAnalysis_3.mq4. This analyzer answers why EURCHF pair brings profit to farmers - a counter-trend lasts six months and you do not need a fucking martingale there. The question is how to check if the counter-trend (flat) is over.

(Thanks to Xadviser and Composter)

YOUNGA:

When I was talking about the trend/flat I was talking about it - the criterion! There is a branch with a good analyzer https://c.mql4.com/forum/2008/04/TrendFletAnalysis_3.mq4. This analyzer answers why EURCHF pair brings profit to farmers - a counter-trend lasts six months and you do not need a fucking martingale there. The question is how to check if the counter-trend (flat) is over.

(Thanks to Xadviser and Composter)

So far we are not talking about such distant things. For now, we need to deal with the question of whether or not there is an advantage when the volatility breakdown goes to 3-4 pairs with USD. If there is an advantage and it can be clearly identified, then we have two options:

1) We leave TP=SL+spread and slowly exploit this thing. Profitability is unlikely to be very high, but with more or less understandable stability.

2) This variant that I also wanted to investigate - instead of one order we open several (5-10) orders on one symbol with different TPs and/or trailing parameters but with the same degree of total risk. If multicurrency momentum advantage exists, then multiple orders instead of one should be more effective, on average, than one order with specific settings which can close at any moment. And the opening could take place on all symbols where a breakout is detected. I.e. there will be a "portfolio" of small orders on 3-4 symbols, again with a specified total risk.

That's how we solve the "is there still a trend or not" problem. If I understood your post correctly.

Well, if there is no advantage, there is no way out. You must first correctly set the task and do everything step by step. That is how I see this "project". But again - if the villagers are interested. So far they have not expressed a desire to participate. :)