[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 725

vladds:
How did you set up the owl? I can't get owls to work on the cent!
I don't understand, how do you insert the file?

Slovyn:

4 digits

I have a 4k account too!

On the dollar or ruble, it's easy!

Just write down the parameters and see if there's a mistake.

The standard ones do not fit me!

OnGoing:

The monkey goes more or less smoothly if you don't get greedy... all the crises survived.

Only there's nothing to do without a million quid) We all want to make a million quid out of 100 quid...

I remember someone here offered a million quid for a non-greedy owl. There you go.)

...And the expectation is 0.5 because that's what I set the target for, which is typical for the local chimps (50 p. five-figure lot 0.01).

I would like to add. The picture is beautiful, of course. But it is interesting only from the technical viewpoint, i.e. such a flat line is possible.

From a practical point of view - the income is comparable to the bank interest.

And if at Forex even to risk, then to have much more after it (say, for a year).

"...... expectation 0.5 because that is a specified goal". Well, it is probably not because you want it that way, but because it was not possible to achieve sustainable operation with higher MO.

"...The picture is beautiful of course." This is just a shortcoming of the tester, which is not capable of showing the drawdown in this trading method on the chart.

I also did not manage to make the MO significantly higher. At most I reached MO=0.84 in stable work during 10 last years. Still it is not enough for Ilan. About 66% growth for 2011 with initial (risk-free) deposit of 15000. As for risk, if we use initial deposit more than 15000, there is no theoretical risk (risk not related to DC activity, communication failure, power outage and others). This is confirmed by the results of 10 years testing, when the maximum drawdown in 10 years was ~14500. Of course, if one deliberately accepts the risks, one can make quite decent profits.

vladds:

I also have a 4 cent account that won't work!

On the dollar or ruble, it's easy!

Just write down the parameters and see if there's a mistake.

The default ones do not work for me!

If you are interested, I am pasting a slightly modified EA from the first page, the algorithm of order opening remains the same, but if we are in drawdown, then why should we limit profit by Take Profit? Trades are closed by trailing the whole orders bunch from breakeven point taking into account commissions and swaps, plus money management added. I tried it in demo mode on 6 pairs at once, I have not lost it in a month.

I did not manage to lose in a month.

Files:
doubleplus.mq4  37 kb

BeerGod:

If you are interested, I am pasting a slightly modified EA from the first page, the algorithm of order opening remains the same, but if we are in drawdown, then why should we limit profit by Take Profit? Trades are closed by trailing the whole orders bunch from breakeven point taking into account commissions and swaps, plus money management added. I tried it in demo mode on 6 pairs at once, I have not lost it in a month.

I did not manage to lose in a month.

Let's test it :)

khorosh:

"...... expectation 0.5 because that is the target". Well, it's probably not because you wanted it that way, but because you couldn't achieve sustainable performance with higher ME.

"...The picture is beautiful of course." This is just a shortcoming of the tester, not being able to show drawdowns on a chart with this trading method.

I have also failed so far to make the MO significantly higher. At most I reached MO=0.84 in stable work during 10 last years. Still it is not enough for Ilan. About 66% growth for 2011 with initial (risk-free) deposit of 15000. As for risk, if we use initial deposit more than 15000, there is no theoretical risk (risk not related to DC activity, communication failure, power outage and others). This is confirmed by the results of 10 years testing, when the maximum drawdown in 10 years was ~14500. Of course, if one deliberately accepts the risks, one can make quite decent profits.

Yes, in general I agree. That's what I'm saying, the potential yield of the "risk free" option turns out to be comparable to a bank deposit. That's why it doesn't make sense.

OnGoing:

Yes, I generally agree. That's what I'm saying: the potential yield of the "risk-free" option is comparable to a bank deposit. Therefore it does not make sense.

TOO EARLY!!! GET YOUR OARS DRY EARLY!!! :-)

Roman.:
TOO EARLY!!! DRY YOUR OARS EARLY!!! :-)
Just as long as it's not too late.

Reshetov:
Just as long as it's not too late.

I'll start reading your article this weekend...

Especially as I understand this approach in the article can be used as a trading signal filter... along with various types of price series analysis - right???