[Archive] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 9: November 2011) - page 17

margaret:
The same as today on the new bet, the thing is that the market does not decide to act until the issue of Greece is resolved, waiting for confidence in the market...China did not want to invest in the Eurozone, so they are looking for other sources, trying to persuade the Chinese, but nothing is clear yet.... there is only a rescue plan, but there are no funds for its implementation.... and this "good" Papandreos with his PR, we tried and tried for him, but he just dumped everyone....

If papandreus resigns - there will be no referendum (will it be announced right away?) and the eu rises? If it stays, then it will be flat till December?

Tantrik:

if papandreus resigns - there will be no referendum (will it be announced right away?) and all is well with the eu on the rise? If it stays, is it flat till December?
Yes, it would be an ideal outcome for the euro, but again there will be a question of attracting funds for the Stabilization Fund, i.e. how it will be expanded, if foreign investors are not attracted, then they will have to expand their funds, and this will not favor the euro as it will soften policy, which entails new bond issues, which will require issuance, which is unlikely to please the current bondholders

margaret:
Yes, this would be an ideal outcome for the euro, but then again there is the question of how to raise funds for the Stabilisation Fund, i.e. how it will be expanded, if foreign investors are not attracted, then they will have to expand their funds and this will not be in favour of the euro as it will soften policy, which will entail issuing new bonds, which will require issuing and this is unlikely to please current bond holders

Thank you.

Cmu4:
Duh... the market doesn't really care about forecasts. It's not a child's play. :)

that's for sure ))))...

Tantrik:
and all's well the eu is up? yes?

Apparently not: The ECB's decision to cut the base rate has sent the euro down

although maybe yes - no news on the dollar for a long time, i think the "next move" is for the dollar - i mean the news

Dollar day was yesterday but there was no reaction to those events due to the Greek events:

- The Fed left the federal funds interest rate range unchanged between 0.0% and 0.25% and the discount rate also unchanged at 0.75%
- Fed Chairman Bernanke: "The Fed is prepared to stimulate the US economy if the European crisis worsens" (this is about CG3)

And tomorrow there will be:

12:30 US Nonfarm payrolls
Nonfarm Payrolls
October 103K 98K
12:30 USA Unemployment Rate
Unemployment Rate
October 9.1% 9.1%
12:30 USA Average hourly earnings
Average hourly earnings
October +0.2% +0.2%
12:30 USA Average hourly earnings
Average hourly earnings
October +0.2% +0.2%
12:30 USA Average workweek
Average workweek
October 34.3 34.3
12:30 USA Average workweek
Average workweek
October 34.3 34.3

IgorM:

Apparently not: The ECB's decision to lower the base rate has sent the euro down

although maybe so - no news on the dollar for a long time, I think the "next move" is for the dollar - I mean the news
played this news today. + -

Tantrik:

if papandreus resigns - there will be no referendum (will it be announced right away?) and all is well with the eu on the rise? If it stays in, then eh, until December?

*And yet it was cancelled?!

Sorry, it's Papandreou again.
This time he says that since the opposition has shown willingness to cooperate, no referendum is needed.
For his part, he is ready to discuss proposals to form an interim government or announce new elections.
Papandreou said he was very pleased with the support that the opposition had agreed to give to the new EU aid plan.

It is clear that since Papandreou will not lead an interim government, the referendum is automatically cancelled.

A vote of confidence in the government will take place tomorrow, according to a tentative plan.

Keyword: ECONOMY
03-Nov-2011 17:20:16 (UTC+2)

21april:

* And yet it was cancelled?!

Sorry, it's Papandreou again.

03-Nov-2011 17:20:16 (UTC+2)
Thanks! here's a fresh update (papandreu was shorting:))

Tantrik:
Thank you! here's an update (papandreu shorted:))

)))))))))))