[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 6: August 2011) - page 173

rigc:
yeah...forbidden fruit is sweet.... then everyone will fall in shorts))))

Stop listening to my BREAD BAY by the muwings!!! )))) ahahaha ((((

So there you have it. It is more profitable for the Swiss to buy their groceries abroad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A-ZtY8-2WE

wmlab:

Chances are they will catch up to 1.44 today. But just in case (Friday and all that) - put TP 1.43500

Actually, it reached the level of 1.44 =) I have three predictions, all of them have come true. I should make 10-20 predictions, to get statistics. If at least 7-8 out of 10 will come true - I should write an Expert Advisor by indicator =)

wmlab:

Caught up to 1.44 =) Three predictions, all came true. We should make 10-20 predictions, gather statistics. If at least 7-8 out of 10 will come true - to write an Expert Advisor by indicator =)

There is such nuance that only some time moments are given as forecasts and not so good on other bars.

marketeer:
There is this nuance that only selective time points are provided as predictions, and the rest of the bars are not doing so well.

Of course. History repeats itself, but not with bar accuracy. I suppose the real use of the indicator is in indicating the overall trend. Still need a person to interpret the forecasts and place pendants. I'm still playing with wmifor myself on the demo. If I understand its application boundaries and have a good hand with predictions I will try to build an EA.

wmlab:

Caught up to 1.44 =) Three predictions, all came true. I should make 10-20 predictions, gather statistics. If at least 7-8 out of 10 will come true - I should write an Expert Advisor by indicator =)

What does it show now?

Tantrik:
and now what does it show?

flat around 1.44 for the rest of the trading week. and a big gap to the north on monday =)

wmlab:

Of course. History repeats itself, but not with bar precision. I suppose the real use of the indicator is in indicating a general trend. I still need a person to interpret forecasts and place pending orders. I'm still playing with wmifor myself on the demo. If I understand its application boundaries and have a good hand with predictions I will try to build an EA.

So that's the problem - the trend can change sharply on each successive bar, i.e. there is actually no trend. For example, let's take the range of bars 2011.08.16 14:00 - 2011.08.19 10:00 (history of 69 bars on H1, I currently have at offset=5), and the next bar, i.e. the range 2011.08.16 15:00 - 2011.08.19 11:00. In the first case we have a Buy forecast, in the second case it is a Sell forecast. By the way, it happened before the growth towards the previous TP, so it appears that if we follow the Turkey Indicator at every bar, we should cancel buy and enter sell, and it would be a loss.

At my time I was doing something similar on neural networks. There were similar problems.

wmlab:

Flat around 1.44 for the rest of the trading week. and a big gap to the north on Monday =)
yeah - all right :))

marketeer:

So that's the problem - the trend can change sharply on each successive bar, i.e. there is actually no trend. For example, let's take the range of bars 2011.08.16 14:00 - 2011.08.19 10:00 (history of 69 bars on H1, I currently have at offset=5), and the next bar, i.e. the range 2011.08.16 15:00 - 2011.08.19 11:00. In the first case we have a Buy forecast, in the second case it is a Sell forecast. By the way, it happened before the growth towards the previous TP, so it appears that if we follow the Turkey Indicator at every bar, we should cancel buy and enter sell, and it would be a loss.

At my time I was doing something similar on neural networks. There were similar problems.

So I was asked to fix an exemplary range. For example, put the last three days on H1, made a forecast for the day and already the pattern is not moving anywhere. It is impossible to play on a moving sample.