The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 248

avtomat:

So at the end of the year you have closed all the positions. What is your performance? Do what you think is right.

I don't know what you consider efficiency. I don't know one composite measure of 'goodness'. Percentage of growth, as yusuf wrote is one of the indicators you need, but it doesn't take into account the risks you had. The profit factor takes risks into account to some extent. It takes better account if you change it a bit. In general, there are 2 classes of indicators. One is capital gains in absolute and relative terms and the other is income/risk. They need to be considered together.

Avals:

I don't know what you consider to be effective. I don't know one comprehensive indicator of 'goodness'. Percentage of growth, as Yusuf wrote, is one of the indicators you need, but it does not take into account the risks that have been taken. The profit factor takes risks into account to some extent. It takes better account if you change it a bit. In general, there are 2 classes of indicators. One is capital gains in absolute and relative terms and the other is income/risk. They have to be considered together.
In the case of Forex, I think the equation of profit (loss) should look like this: P (U) = A + (-) B*K, due to lack of deposit limits and competitors, in their usual sense. And efficiency, unencumbered by risk, is determined, apparently, as follows: E = P/K - 1 or E = A/K + B - 1. In view of the apparent smallness of A, we must conclude that efficiency in the forex market is a constant value depending on the efficiency of the strategy determined by the coefficient B.

Avals:

I don't know what you consider efficiency. I don't know one composite measure of "goodness". Percentage of growth, as yusuf wrote is one of the indicators you need, but it doesn't take into account the risks that were. The profit factor takes risks into account to some extent. It takes better account if you change it a bit. In general, there are 2 classes of indicators. One is capital gains in absolute and relative terms and the other is income/risk. They have to be considered together.

For God's sake... What's that got to do with the profit factor, risks and other "goodies"... Free yourself from your obsessive patterns.... Use your brain !!!

A simple task: ---- At the beginning of the year 1000. At the end of the year 1,100 and a cache of 250. You stand in front of the Christmas tree and think about how well you have done in the past year. How do you evaluate your own performance? And don't nod to the fact that you don't know what I think efficiency is. Because I have absolutely nothing to do with it. What is your assessment? It's your assessment, and yours alone.

avtomat:

Oh, for God's sake... What's it got to do with profit margin, risk and all that good stuff... Free yourself from your obsessive patterns.... Use your brain !!!

A simple task: ---- At the beginning of the year 1000. At the end of the year it is 1100 and there is 250 in the cache. You stand in front of the Christmas tree and think about how well you have done in the past year. How do you evaluate your own performance? And don't nod to the fact that you don't know what I think efficiency is. Because I have absolutely nothing to do with it. What is your assessment? Your assessment, and yours alone.

so I wrote you)) profit value in absolute and relative terms + income/risk valuation. No templates. What don't you like?))

yosuf:
In the case of Forex, I think the equation of profit (loss) should look like this: P (Y)=A +(-) B*K, due to absence of deposit limits and competitors, in their usual sense. And efficiency, unencumbered by risk, is determined, apparently, as follows: E = P/K - 1 or E = A/K + B - 1. In view of the apparent smallness of A, we must conclude that efficiency in the forex market is a constant value depending on the efficiency of the strategy determined by the coefficient B.

What is the resulting number?

Avals:

so I wrote you)) the profit value in absolute and relative terms + income/risk assessment. Without templates. What don't you like?))

avtomat:

For God's sake... What about the profit factor, risks and other "goodies"... Free yourself from obsessive patterns.... Use your brain !!!

A simple task: ---- At the beginning of the year 1000. At the end of the year 1,100 and a cache of 250. You stand in front of the Christmas tree and think about how well you have done in the past year. How do you evaluate your own performance? And don't nod to the fact that you don't know what I think efficiency is. Because I have absolutely nothing to do with it. What is your assessment? Your estimation, and only your estimation.

Well if apart from that 250 in cash, there was no other income, it's certainly not enough. It's not much to go on. ))

But if your initial deposit is 100 000 and you have managed to increase it by 100% over a year, while the drawdown is no more than 20% of the deposit, then you can consider it a good result. ;)

I wonder why people refuse to think. Or is it a refusal to make decisions? Or even some kind of inner ban on personal decision-making?

It's a seemingly simple task. All that is required is the convergence of three numbers into a manageable measure of performance. So that you can quickly assess your own performance. And the problem is baffling -- a lot of far-fetched excuses pop up to avoid a direct answer to the straightforward question posed.

Is it really so difficult? ...

avtomat:

Do you read the answers?

Avals:

I don't know what you mean by efficiency)) profit 250$ + 100$. Really, you don't count by balance, but by equity. As if you closed all your positions now.

The profit for the year is $350. Or in the relative 35% per annum.

But what does "efficiency" have to do with it? Where did you read its definition in relation to the market? Google, for example, gives these results:

http://www.dealing-mephi.ru/4620.html

http://forexanalitics.narod.ru/safin94.html

Is your concept of "efficiency" there? It's not a psychic club here.)

Or do you consider this to be the definition: "In anutshell: The amount of useful work produced in a given period of time."

Then a counter suggestion - calculate the force of the market according to Newton's second law))