America's default, in Russian. - page 23

FAGOTT:

Yeah! It's sad when I look at this generation!

you should at least read a textbook!

I'll even give you a hint for a chapter - The Gold Standard System. Very strange, but the whole world went down that road a long time ago and abandoned that system due to its impracticality.

So? Any other wise thoughts on an alternative to the dollar?

Maybe FAGOTT has imagined itself to be the whole world.

However, any sane person in the world can easily look at Gold's charts to see its practicality over the last decade.

Incidentally, the former Fed chief A. Greenspan was, and still is, a supporter of the Gold Standard. The fact that he did not manage to push this very standard in the U.S. is not his fault, but the lobbyists who preferred bubbles.

Gold always remains in value. It cannot be printed unchecked. The bubbles will burst and the red metal will remain. In any crisis and economic downturn the red metal can be used to pay for it. That I was convinced of in practice back in the days of Pavlov's reforms.

The point is that the Gold Standard does not have to be compulsory at all. Because it will always automatically replace any payment system in case of any crisis, because there are no alternatives to it in force majeure circumstances. In other words, those who have invested their savings in gold will not be affected by crises or defaults.

FAGOTT:

So? Any other wise thoughts on an alternative to the dollar?

kJ.

Realistically, alternative energy would rise fast, overtaking oil and gas -Joules.

Reshetov:

Gold always remains in value. It cannot be printed unchecked. The bubbles will burst and the red metal will remain. In any crisis or economic downturn, the red metal can be used to pay for itself. As I saw in practice during Pavlov's reforms.

No, my dear. With fossil money it is better to pay with sand.

What was the point of opening colonies before - to find gold mines and to make the world's "currency". Gold mines are the same as the Fed, only from the side.

Everyone should have money, everyone should be able to produce it with their time.

Time is better money.

sergeev:

No, sir. With fossil money, it's better to pay with sand.

What was the point of opening colonies before - to find gold mines and to make the world's "currency". Gold mines are the same as the Fed, only from the side.

Everyone should have money, everyone should be able to produce it with their time.

Time is the best money.

There's already a case to be made here:

"Time is money."

"Time is the best money."

Let's break it down, what is time and what is money? :) And why is time the best money?

If it wasn't for the errors, the post could have been mistaken for a spam bot. I am referring to the technical aspect.

granit77:
If it wasn't for the errors, the post could have been mistaken for a spam bot. I am referring to the technical aspect.
Leaving, leaving, leaving...

sergeev:

No, dear one. With fossil money, it's better to pay with sand.

Time is the best money.

Disagree. The time of the convict and the time of the slacker is a variant of comparison where the time benchmark does not apply. Nor is there any prospect of that. The energy benchmark of value in the form of energy can both be measured and, in the long term, improved (after all, it is more profitable to produce money(J) from nothing than from oil and gas).

sergeev:

No, sir. With fossil money, it's better to pay with sand.

No one is forbidding you. It is everyone's personal problem what to keep their savings in: gold, quid, rubles, or sand.

coaster:
I disagree. The time of the convict and the time of the slacker are a variant of comparison, where the benchmark of time does not apply. Nor is there any prospect of that. The energy benchmark of value in the form of energy can both be measured and, in the long term, improved (because it is more profitable to produce money(J) from nothing, than from oil and gas).

Oil, gas, drinking water and the like will all come down to one thing - poor/rich states, inequality and the powerful. Speculation, stock exchanges, forex...

time is something everyone has, in equal amounts. and no sources of it have yet been found.

I can agree with kJ, but only if it comes only from muscle work.

Reshetov:

...Gold is always valuable...

Don't get too excited (it's about always). When they started making aluminium, it was more expensive than gold. Naughty hands had not yet reached fusion...