America's default, in Russian. - page 16

ratnasambhava:

Four meals a day are consumed by hungry spirits (prets).

Once a day the saints take food.

Question: Can a saint drink or take a walk?

Answer: - He can, if God permits him. (Sri Chinmoy.).

Four times... Who feeds them?

Svinozavr: Although what kind of practice could an unwashed solipsist have? )))
And he doesn't care whether he washes his face or not. He's a solipsist, the only one in the whole universe. And there's no need to look back on other people's expectations, for they don't exist. Well that's the default of self-esteem in the MD sense.

24 signs that all of America is becoming like Detroit - a decaying, post-industrial, post-apocalyptic wasteland

Source: http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/24-signs-that-all-of-america-is-becoming-just-like-detroit-a-rotting-post-industrial-post-apocalyptic-wasteland

For years, people have laughed about Detroit's appalling economic decline. So, what now? The same thing that happened to Detroit is now happening to dozens of other cities and towns all over the United States. From coast to coast stretches what were once large industrial cities have now become decaying, post-industrial war zones. In America's 'rust belt' in particular, you can drive through town after town, village after village, which are not much different from post-apocalyptic wastelands. In many American cities the "real" unemployment rate is over 30 per cent. There are communities in which, upon entering the city, you can already sense the utter despondency. It is as if hope has been sucked out of them.

Meanwhile, the economic downturn has taken an unbelievable toll on the finances of regional and local governments across the United States. Unlike the federal government, regional governments and local authorities cannot use the Federal Reserve to play games with their snowballing debt problems. Faced with horrendous budget deficits, many communities have begun taking "hard action" in an attempt to slow the growing swell of losses. Across the country, deep budget cuts are slashing police departments, fire departments and other basic social services, but no matter what many of these communities do, the debts only continue to grow.

So when you combine economic hopelessness with drastic budget cuts, you get thousands and thousands of communities from coast to coast that become exactly like Detroit. Detroit today has more than 33,000 abandoned buildings, 44 schools have been permanently closed, the mayor wants to bulldoze a quarter of the city, and in the worst parts of the city you can literally buy a house for a dollar. Many of the Americans thought how funny it was to mock Detroit, but few realised that what happened there would soon start happening everywhere.

Here are 24 signs that all of America is becoming a rotting, post-industrial, post-apocalyptic wasteland, just like Detroit....

#1 The second most dangerous city in the United States, Camden, New Jersey, has laid off about half its police force.

#2 The only two "industries" that thrive in Camden are prostitution and drug dealing. It is no exaggeration to say that there are several dozen drug markets in the city.

#3 In Newark, New Jersey, 13% of the police force has been laid off in the last week alone.

#4 Of the 315 municipalities in New Jersey recently surveyed by police union representatives, more than half are about to lay off some police officers.

#5 At least 1,000 people now live in a 200-mile sewer dump near Las Vegas.

#6 Across America, asphalt road surfaces are being replaced by gravel because they are cheaper to maintain. In North Dakota alone, more than 100 miles of asphalt pavement was turned to gravel in the last year, and in 38 of Michigan's 83 districts at least part of the asphalt pavement was turned to gravel.

#7 The number of Americans receiving food stamps set a new record this year. 42.9 million Americans are registered to receive food stamps federal authorities expect that number to grow rapidly.

#8 The city of San Jose, California, recently fired 49 firefighters.

#9 In the last year, some 100 New York City parks and historic sites have cut some services and hours of operation.

#10 In 2009 alone, approximately 4 million Americans moved into the "poor" category.

#11 The state of Arizona recently decided to stop paying for many types of organ transplants for people on Medicaid.

#12 Many of the police officers who patrol villages near the Mexican border say they have no men or guns and that they live in fear of being killed by drug cartel hit men.

#13 Banditry in America is completely out of control. According to authorities, there are now more than one million gang members in the country, and these gangs are responsible for 80% of the violent crimes committed each year.

#14 Oakland, California, Police Chief Anthony Butt announced that due to budget cuts, the police department will no longer be able to respond to certain types of crimes. The list of crimes the police will no longer respond to includes grand theft, burglary, car break-ins, identity theft and vandalism.

#15 One in six Americans are now registered in at least one federal anti-poverty program.

#16 The state of Illinois is so cash-strapped that even schools and key social services don't get their money on time.

#17 The Ashtabula (Ohio) Sheriff's Department has been reduced from 112 to 49 employees and now has only one patrol car left for 720 square miles of area.

#18 When our local communities degenerate economically, so do their morals. There are approximately 400,000 registered sex offenders in the United States today.

#19 In an effort to save money, the city of Colorado Springs turned off a third of its street lights and auctioned off a police helicopter.

#20 According to a recent study, about 21% of children in the United States were living below the poverty line in 2010.

#21 According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, more than 25% of America's approximately 600,000 bridges are in need of major repairs or are carrying loads far in excess of design capacity.

#22 In Georgia, the Clayton area government, in an effort to save $8 million, eliminated the public transit system altogether.

#23 In Stockton, California, the situation got so bad that the police union posted a sign at the entrance to the city that read: "Welcome to the second most dangerous city in California. Stop firing cops."

#24 Major cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore and Sacramento have introduced a system of "fan outages" where various fire services are temporarily shut down on a rotating basis. So if you live in one of these cities and you have a fire, you can only hope that your fire station isn't "shut down" today.

As I keep stating in every article I write - the "American Dream" is very quickly turning into the "American Nightmare". We were once a country that was constantly growing, constantly evolving, constantly getting stronger and stronger, but now it's time to go backwards.

None of this happened yesterday. In 1982, Billy Joel kind of saw what was starting to happen, and he recorded a song called "Allentown" that reflected the depression that many people in big industrial centres were experiencing. The song begins with these two lines:

Well we're living here in Allentown

And they're closing all the factories down

Well we're living here in Allentown

And they're closing all factories down...

Yes, it's true, America has lost 42,000 factories and plants since 2001 and is now becoming one big Allentown.

Sadly, things look set to get even worse. Thousands of factories and millions of jobs will go overseas. State and local government debts will continue to grow at a frantic rate. The truth is that city after city, village after village, we will turn into something like the third world.

sanyooooook: I have a father who likes to use, we even took him to a granny, but he started again (forty days later), I can't figure out why he does it.

As a man experienced in this business, tell me: why?

I was an experienced one and a half years ago, too.

There is a point of view that people suppress their own powers in this way. He has too much of it, so he is suppressing himself with vodka.

I also recently read that the tendency to alcoholism is a consequence of some autism gene in the DNA. Also curious.

Svinozavr:

1. Either way, you have to fill the lack of brains with something.

2. Pop Gapon!

1. You don't have to fill it with anything. You don't have to fill it with anything at all. I like brainless states very much.

You can even call them "The Great Void" and be proud of it. :-)

// like Tantric. ;)

2. I am like that myself! ;-D

Mathemat:

I also read recently that the tendency to alcoholism is a consequence of some autistic gene in the DNA. Also curious.

The US is steadily sliding towards default, and you are still raving about food, booze and pussy.

Instead of sympathizing with the unfortunate Findos and making a public appeal to Benny Chopper to print quid for every citizen of the United States.

Tantrik:

Meditation is a substitute for even the strongest narcotics. (there were some short-term experiments) and now getting some kind of chemical joy looks ridiculous.

All right, you're off the hook, I'll give you that. It's just a little too standard. Where'd you copy it?

;)

Reshetov:

The US is steadily sliding towards default, and you are still raving about food, booze and pussy.

Instead of sympathizing with the unfortunate Findos and making a public appeal to Benny Chopper to print quid for every citizen of the United States.

=))

Nah, no way. We will continue to set the example of returning to the eternal values of food, booze and pussy.

Reshetov:

The US is steadily sliding towards default, and you're still talking about food, booze and pussy.

Instead of sympathizing with the unfortunate Findos and making a public appeal to Benny Chopper to print every citizen of the USA a quid.

He's doing it anyway. What does he have to do, shave off his beard?

===

It seems as if eschatology will soon be taught in schools...

Reshetov:

The US is steadily sliding towards default and you are still raving about food, booze and pussy.

Yes! Now I am also convinced by the quotes pulled out by latticekov from various sources! Undoubtedly latticekov is right!

My eyes have been opened - the whole world has no problems at all and is on its way to prosperity and common good, while only the miserable USA is rotting!

No doubt all the economists in the world are blinded and mired in ignorance and ignorance! The truth has only been revealed to a select few!

And as a progressively thinking scientist, the only way out is for Gratzkowski to immediately sell all of his possessions and open a short position on the dollar with all of his capital! This is the only way and nothing else! There is simply no other way!

And periodically publish the results on the forum!