[Archive! - page 133

PapaYozh:

1mA is the minimum tangible current.
I don't know, I haven't tried it on myself.

Europa:

I've been hand-holding the 150A (cathode in the ion-plasma unit), thus checking if it's overheated ?

You can't touch the current. Current flows in the conductor under the influence of voltage.

Amperage: I=U/R.

What was the voltage (U) there ?

What was your body's electrical resistance (R) ?

As you answer these questions, you will get the current.

---

I understand that you can't know everything, but I don't see why you should flaunt your amateurism.

Anybody else got a bump?))

PapaYozh:

No, I understand, you can't know everything. I don't understand why you have to flaunt your amateurism.

Come on, he was talking about the temperature.

PapaYozh:

Oh my god!!!!!

What 150 amps? Do you know what the current is?

The orderly movement of electrons in the conductor, 150A is exactly right, that's the current you need for the cathode to glow red. The cathode is tungsten as in the light bulb, only 2mm thick, you understand, what current is needed to light it up.

PapaYozh:

My post came after yours:

Temnyj:
Yes between two, but on each. 220v is phase and zero, so the voltage will be 380v, even if you insulate a person from the ground and then hold one wire with two hands - it will be fatal in the vast majority of cases (the exception is different resistance of different people, but it will still be an electric shock), but the birds sit quietly with two claws on the wire.

Well, where does it say voltage kills? Show me. It says hazardous voltage, but somehow it doesn't say hazardous current. Why not?

Yes, and how do you determine the amperage in a socket?

Europa:

The orderly movement of electrons in the conductor, about 150A is absolutely correct, that's exactly the current you need for the cathode to split red. The cathode is wolfram, like in the light bulb, but 2mm thick, you know, what current it takes to light it up.

Just because 150A current flows through the diode, doesn't mean you will have 150A current too.

0.01 A will be enough for you...

PapaYozh:

1mA is the minimum detectable current.

Synthetic things can get so badly pierced sometimes... How strong is the current then?

DDFedor:

The synthetic stuff can get so bad that you can't even imagine what it's like... What kind of current is it then?
The current is negligible, but the static voltage can reach tens of thousands of volts, hence the unpleasant sensation.

DDFedor:

The synthetic stuff can get so bad that you can't even imagine what it's like... What kind of current is it then?

It's not current, it's static. The current is generated in us.