[Archive! - page 138

Finally, a word of advice to theorists on how to test the voltage by touch, should such an extreme need arise.
Stand in a dry place with dry shoes, lean your body backwards and touch the terminal with the back of the palm of your right hand in a sliding motion. These precautions will ensure that in the event of an electric shock, the terminal or wire will not be caught by a cramped hand and fall backwards rather than face the live parts of the panel.
Usually for 380 V you get off with a light pinch, I don't recommend trying higher voltages.
The technique is described in the literature and tested personally.

granit77:
And lastly, a word of advice for theorists on how to test the voltage by touch, should such an extreme need arise.
Stand in a dry place with dry shoes, lean your body backwards and touch the terminal with a sliding motion in the back of the palm of your right hand. These precautions will ensure that in the event of an electric shock, the terminal or wire will not be caught by a cramped hand and fall backwards rather than face the live parts of the panel.
Usually for 380 V you get off with a light pinch, I don't recommend trying higher voltages.
The technique is described in the literature and tested personally.

You should not listen to the honourable Victor. The devil of electricity has distracted him, because he does not know what he is advising.

DON'T DO ANY EXPERIMENTS.

Mischek:

Don't listen to Victor. The devil of electricity has distracted him, for he does not know what he is advising.

DON'T DO EXPERIMENTS

It is possible to wire, but for direct current the advice is the other way round.

Vinin:

You can conduct, but for direct current the advice is the other way round.

The Shaitan virus of electricity, brutally mows down the ranks of respected moderators.

DON'T EXPERIMENT WITH HIGH VOLTAGES

if you can't bear to experiment, swallow a watch battery overnight and relax.

and in the morning tell us about the benefits of science and your contribution

From the OHS when working in electrical installations:

2.7.6. The admittance to work shall be carried out after checking the preparation of the workplace. In this case, the permittee must verify that the composition of the team corresponds to that specified in the work order or order, with the name certificates of the team members; prove to the team that there is no voltage by showing the installed earthing or by checking the absence of voltage, if the earthing is not visible from the workplace, and in electrical installations of voltage 35 kV and below (where the design allows) by touching live parts with the hand.

Mischek:

The shaitan virus of electricity, is brutally mowing down the ranks of respected moderators.

NO NEED TO CONDUCT EXPERIMENTS

My bad, I didn't think anyone would really want to try it. We have already been beaten up, not nailed down, but an immature young organism may not be able to endure it.
That's why I join the appeal:

DON'T DO EXPERIMENTS, WE'VE ALREADY DONE THEM!

Integer:

The safety of the machine is guaranteed by the safety of the operator.

die on your own and help your friend out!

granit77:
And lastly...

What, already?

Integer:

In doing so, the permittee must check ... - The safety device must be checked by a person who is allowed to do so.

It is not compulsory for others.

Silent:

How, already?

What kind of humour is that?