[Archive! - page 135

Europa:
Don't you get it? Am I not conducting the current?

You only conduct current when you are a part of an electrical circuit.

Europa:

I was going for constant, shorter.... Daddy, I was just picking on what you said... You should have specified what current... voltage... load etc.

And about 150A it's common, there was about 40mV voltage, so it's actually perfectly safe.

and were you a section of the circuit?

If so

1) what is the electrical resistance of your body (R)?

2) Current through you: I = 0.04 / R

PapaYozh:

I have asked you two questions, but I don't seem to be getting any answers.

PapaYozh:

You only carry current when you are part of an electrical circuit.

So I was part of the circuit, or rather I could have been at any time, grabbed the cathode and touched a grounded post for example, but that doesn't change it, it just doesn't work here, that's why I described the post above.

Temnyj:

Well, where does it say voltage kills? Show me. It says hazardous voltage, but somehow it doesn't say hazardous current. Why not?

Yeah, and how do you determine the amperage in a socket?

Are these questions?

I am, frankly, sick and tired of making light of the masses.

I understand you have the internet. Use it to do your research.

At the very least, ask your father.

---

1) About the phrase: Dangerous current.

2) There is no current in the socket, there is current in a closed circuit. As long as nothing is plugged in, there is no current there.

Temnyj:
ask about whether there was a mat - the mat was there, I saw it happen. If you know everything so well, answer what would be the most dangerous thing in a short circuit in an electrical panel where an electrician works (for an electrician).
I'm alive and relatively healthy, although my favourite pastime in the lab was standing on a mat, grabbing a phase, both with one and two hands. But only one! No current, no danger. This was especially annoying for newcomers.
And the most dangerous thing is the ejection of metal droplets when a short circuit occurs in an open busbar or an exploding insert. If you're lucky enough to keep your eyes open, you'll be gray for the rest of your life, like one of our engineers. A powerful short circuit at hundreds of volts and thousands of amperes is an explosion with all that it implies.

Since there is such heartfelt talk about phase, let me tell you how to test your body for resistance to the elements.

You will need: 2 teaspoons, a flat battery (4.5 V) or better Krona for 9 V and a tester (can be Chinese) and three wires.

Tie the wires to the spoons (we should clean up the insulation beforehand) and put them (spoons) behind both cheeks. One wire connect to battery's minus, the second to the tester, respectively connect the second tester's probe to the battery's plus and look at the reading. If you don't see anything on the tester, change the connection of the probes in different places.
Why this is the case: the mouth has the smallest current resistance, and the moist environment and spoon area reduce the resistance even more, which means that the reading will be the most accurate.

Mischek:

Oh, what am I doing?

Where's Rustam?

Rustam won't find that page, we had such a great smoke :)

Europa:

So I am a member of electric circuit, or rather I could become a member any minute, grabbed the cathode, and for example I touched the grounded pole, but it doesn't change, it just doesn't work here, why I described in the post above.

Resistance of the human body is about 1kOhm

If you touched something, a current would flow through you:

0.04 V / 1000 ohms = 0.00004 A.

You wouldn't even feel 40 microamperes.

PapaYozh:

Are these questions?

1) About the phrases: Dangerous current.

2) There is no current in the socket, there is current in a closed circuit. As long as nothing is plugged into the socket, there is no current there.

there was another one there - what would be the most dangerous in a short circuit in an electrical panel where the electrician is working (for the electrician). addition - the electrician has not been electrocuted.

1) unconvincing, the question why so and not otherwise, not to Yandex with the query what current is dangerous to humans.

2) it is obvious, but what is the maximum current?