[Archive! - page 141

Silent:

"In his famous 'Presentation of the System of the World' in 1797," Laplace wrote that "the speed of propagation of gravitation, which he calculated by analyzing the motion of the Moon, its so-called secular accelerations, is not less than 50 million times the speed of light! And since that time no one has refuted Laplace's proof" [1, 77].
В. Atsyukovsky

"the office writes" (c)

Mischek:

"the office writes" (c)

And what is there to do if the off-science itself sets up

"The result of the data processing is a value of 0.95 the speed of light, with a rather large error of +/- 0.25."

thus sort of assuming that 0.95+0.25 = 1.2 - could be higher.

:)

PapaYozh:

Right after:

I've lost interest in reading it.

The title was enough for me -

Sketches for a new physics

I'd like to deal with the old one.

Silent:

"The result of the data processing is a value of 0.95 speed of light, with a rather large margin of error of +/- 0.25."

In the endless reprinting and copy-pasting of primary sources, often entrusted to girls secretaries in their day jobs or to a friend's granddaughter, the essence is often lost.

add the "%" sign, which someone didn't find on the keyboard, to "+/- 0.25" and everything will fall into place.

Mischek:

...it's the old one that needs to be dealt with.

Too late, Doctor... At some point you suddenly discover that the layer of unused basic science knowledge has thinned to a high school course and continues to do so, rapidly approaching the fifth grade.
I am not ashamed to admit it, because even these remnants of knowledge allow productive discussion with most of the forum without standing out.

Silent:

"The result of the data processing is a value of 0.95 the speed of light, with a rather large margin of error of +/- 0.25."

by the way, it's on your link -

Hello!
"Nature is very simple,
what contradicts it must be rejected".
M.V.Lomonosov

"newfiz, thank you for the truth".
Forum Girl

granit77:
Too late, Doctor... At some point you suddenly discover that the layer of unused basic science knowledge has thinned down to a school course and continues to do so, rapidly approaching fifth grade.
I am not ashamed to admit it, because even these remnants of knowledge allow productive discussion with most of the forum without standing out.

Fifth grade is a powerful line of support )

Actually Victor, you're just (difficultly) hitting on compliments )

In fact, I didn't intend to prove anything. You asked for links - I gave you what I found. You need primary sources - there are plenty of keywords and links to them.

Well, for example http://www.metaresearch.org/cosmology/speed_of_gravity.asp (I haven't found it yet).

Believe it or not, check it :)

I shall add only on a previous theme for transmission of energy without wires, as an occasion for reflections: "...Professor King Electromagnetic Engineering, McGraw-Hill, 1945. (See pp. 418-422, 461-466.) On page 465 the Harvard professor points out that for coils with winding wire length exceeding 1/6 wavelength (as in the case of secondary winding of Tesla transformer) "one cannot adequately represent waveguides with unequal current distribution as classical inductances and capacitors in which current is uniformly distributed in parallel. Resonant fields are full of surprises for engineers with limited training."

Mischek:

Fifth grade is a strong line of support )
Actually Victor, you're just (difficultly) hitting on compliments )

You can't even whine a little anymore... live to see my sclerosis!

granit77:

By and large, we are going to have a big asshole. The quality of education both in schools and universities is not just falling, it is falling at an accelerated rate.

There are losers in construction, in industry. A construction school graduate with no knowledge of AutoCAD who claims to be well paid is .....z.

It's the same in every industry. It's the same in medicine. But!

But it's still nothing. Soon there will be no one to teach. Teachers will leave and be replaced by misfits. And there is no stopping it, and the worst thing is that no one is stopping it.