Do you have any tactics for dealing with the loca? - page 22

Tantrik:
Open positions to the right X to close the position.

In doing so, the aggregate position will change not only in volume but also in location.

Isn't it?

;)

Tantrik:
Open positions to the right with an X to close the position.

That's great, of course. But this is not MT5.

Mathemat:

Netting is different.

Let's open three positions:

- at 16:00 at 1.2100 1 lot,

- at 17:00 1.2200 1 lot,

- 18:00 at 1.2300 1 lot.

The current price is 1.2400.

Netting sees everything as a single 3 lot position with a breakeven price of 1.2200. Covering part of the position (1 lot) would yield 1.2400 - 1.2200 = 200 pips.

And I want to cover exactly the first open and only it (profit should be 300 = 1.2400 - 1.2100, like in good old MT4 without netting). It's not just my whim but part of my system.

Who will teach me how to do the same in netting? And who after that will say that everything we did in MT4 can be done in a netting accounting system?

In the netting you would need to close 1.5 lots for that. Half of the profit will remain as a result.

I.e. in netting, the proportion of profit (or loss) to be fixed is directly proportional to the volume to be closed. For non-netting platforms you have to calculate separately for each position.

FreeLance:

In doing so, the aggregate position will change not only in volume but also in location.

Wouldn't it?

;)

It will change the volume, the location of the remaining open positions cannot be changed - only closed.

api:

Where's the difference? Equity is the same everywhere. Buying power is the same too.

Actually, we are talking about closing the very first order, not about equity and purchasing power.

Swetten:
Actually, we are talking about closing the very first order, not about equity and purchasing power.

Will you never close the other orders?

api:

And you will never close the other orders?
Have you read the conditions of the problem?

Yura, by closing 1.5 lots instead of 1, I am breaking the logic of my calculations. I am not interested in the final result after closing everything and everything (of course, it will be the same), but in the result of this particular operation.

Ok, I've already understood that it will hardly be possible in MT5. We will have to do something about it.

Generally speaking, it would be great if in MT5 we could specify the closing part along with its open price and volume. And the server (or the client) would calculate if it is possible or not. Wouldn't that be an option?

Swetten:

That's great, of course. But it's not MT5.

The picture is all there.... save it if you are interested now (hidden advertising)

Swetten:
Have you read the terms of the problem?

Yes. I even saved the text of the conditions in my post.