Do you have any tactics for dealing with the loca? - page 53

It - is not curable. Spit explaining.

I - spit. Now I just call names. It gets easier in places (where, in which hemisphere?))).

===

"Truth told angrily,
is like a lie..." // William Blake

But I don't care how anyone reacts to me. If I get banned, I don't care. I'm just dreaming sweet dreams to morons. And they need to feel like they belong - bazinga! - to feel like a trader.
That's it. I'm sick of it. Victorians! Uncle Fyodor, Lesha - ban them! Only, if possible, leave access to the Code Base publications - there are unfulfilled obligations on the codes...

Svinozavr:

It - is not curable. Spit explaining.

I - spit. Now I just call names. It gets easier in places (where, in which hemisphere?))).

===

"Truth told angrily,
is like a lie..." // William Blake

But I don't care how anyone reacts to me. If I get banned, I don't care. I'm just dreaming sweet dreams to morons. And they need to feel like they belong - bazinga! - to feel like a trader.
That's it. I'm sick of it. Victorians! Uncle Fyodor, Lesha - ban them! Only, if possible, leave access to the Code Base publications - there are unfulfilled obligations on the codes...

Peter, don't get so worked up, it seems to me that everyone here on the forum is different. You'd better tell us your opinion, what motives drive the stock market and what it's for in general, it's much more interesting, at least to me.

Svinozavr:

That's it. By golly, I'm sick of it. Viktors! Uncle Fyodor, Lyosha - ban them! Only, if possible, leave access to Code Base publications - there are unfulfilled obligations on codes...

You can't wait, Petya!

Yes, and to a request Ubajal I join.

I have been optimizing my Expert Advisor. I have not used the lock and have only used a short stop (at a signal to close a losing order) near 10-15 points away from the price, instead of closing the loss immediately

Unfortunately, I got convinced that losses must be closed immediately. Even an increase in losses by 10-15 points leads to a gradual withdrawal of the deposit

Here is a small section of the balance chart from a REAL account on which I am testing my EA.

By the way, this chart is directly related to the topic. It may not be quite on topic though, as it's more likely what the EA is doing

This is an averaging exercise. So if I have the wrong address please don't swear, just let me know and I'll delete this post.

The EA uses the function of "locking" of losing positions. By the way, perhaps this function should be better called "rolling" (averaging), it will be closer to the principle of its work.

I propose to examine a picture that "commented out" the work of this function in real trading.

Everything starts when we "got a bit off track" with an entry and take a short position (the first order); the volume of the open order is 0.1 lot.

The price went against us, so what we have to do? In this case, you can find a lot of tips on the Internet on forums, webinars, various courses, etc. Among others, you will find one that I will describe below. The idea is simple - to open a position with an increased volume on a pullback and to compensate for the loss. The intrigue is that no one says where this pullback will occur and how to understand that the pullback has started. Otherwise, everything is beautiful....

But let's go back to the image and see how the "pullback" function in the Expert Advisor works. The function watches until the price (landing value) reaches the level defined as "the level of function activation". At this point, the EA places a "sell stop" order at the "pullback order" level and the order already has a volume of 0.5 lots. The program calculates the "Breakeven level" and sets stops for both orders. As a result, both orders must close at the same time and the loss of the "first order" will be compensated by a profit of the "pullback order".

Now comes the moment for the main issue - how to determine these levels. Some people may not like it, but I will not mention any indicators or candlestick patterns. The theory is based on statistics. By the way, I have already written about such levels in my previous blog, but it was just an empirical feeling then.

If you are really interested in this information, I advise to visit the Gelium website about forex/forex: forex market, forex indicators, forex forum, forex literature and read the article "Calculation of target levels". This is not an advertisement for the resource, it's really quite an interesting article IMHO on the subject.

When optimizing my Expert Advisor based on the pullback function parameters, I would always get some data that clearly shows a certain level where the pullback starts. Moreover, the values of these levels are individual for each currency pair. Here is an example of optimization, determination of a "pullback" level for the EURUSD.

On the horizontal axis is the level of "pullback order", on the vertical axis is the "switch on level", green rectangles are the performance of the Expert Advisor at a given period of time, the darker the colour, the higher the profit. By the way, this is the optimization data for June and the balance graph at the beginning of the article shows how the EA has worked in real conditions. By the way, this function has been working on my real account for more than three months already and all the reports are available here on the blog.

Flashes on the balance chart are the work of the pullback function.

Below are the results of the Strategy Tester showing the performance of the Expert Advisor during February.

You can clearly see the times when the pullback function triggered here as well.

The only inconvenience is that EA optimization takes a long time. It takes more than a day on my netbook. Therefore, there is no time to look for patterns for different currency pairs. The only thing I tried to test this theory for GBP.

I think you may find it out yourself, there are even two zones here.....

In principle "pullback" zones may also be used in manual trading, especially for this purpose I've been testing with pending orders, to reduce the psychological burden when I have to open in the direction of drawdown.

There is only one thing left to explain the origin of these levels. In my opinion, the assumption expressed in the article "Calculation of target levels" can explain it....

"...It would be naive to suppose that major market participants operating with significant amounts of funds and having direct influence on market prices, before opening another large transaction, do not calculate its profitability and do not know the target levels, at which they will fix the profit. Let's not be naive and assume the opposite: the major market players know what they are risking and for what. In that case, it would be very advantageous to be guided by the same target calculation algorithm used by major market participants. Knowing this algorithm would allow us to synchronise our actions with those forces that can and do have a real impact on market prices. ..."

renoshnik:

Here is a small section of the balance chart from a REAL account on which I am testing my EA.

Been there, done that. =)

renoshnik:

Everything starts when we miscalculated a little bit about entry and entered into a short position (the first order), the volume of the open order is 0.1 lot.

The price went against us, so what we have to do? In this case, you can find a lot of tips on the Internet on forums, webinars, various courses, etc. Among others, you will find one that I will describe below. The idea is simple - to open a position with an increased volume on a pullback and to compensate for the loss. The intrigue is that no one says where this pullback will occur and how to understand that the pullback has started. Otherwise, everything is beautiful....

But let's go back to the image and see how the "pullback" function in the Expert Advisor works. The function watches until the price (landing value) reaches the level defined as "the level of function activation". At this point, the EA places a "sell stop" order at the "pullback order" level and the order already has a volume of 0.5 lots. The program calculates the "Breakeven level" and sets stops for both orders. As a result both orders should close at the same time and the loss of the "first order" is compensated by profit of the "rollback order".

"...It would be naive to suppose that the major market participants operating with large amounts of money and having direct influence on market prices do not calculate its profitability before opening another large trade, and do not know the target levels at which they will fix the profit. Let's not be naive and assume the opposite: the major market players know what they are risking and for what. In such a case, it would be very advantageous to be guided by the same target calculation algorithm used by major market participants. Knowing this algorithm would allow us to synchronise our actions with those forces that can and do have a real impact on market prices. ..."

Here is the advantage of your actions over the other two 1 - fix a loss 0.1 order - pause. 2 - without waiting for a pullback, open an order of increased volume along the price moves and make a profit?

Would it be naive to assume that you will be able to synchronize your actions?

Tantrik:

Here is the advantage of your actions over the other two 1 - fix a loss 0.1 order - pause. 2 - without waiting for a pullback, open an order of increased volume along the price moves and make a profit?

Would it be naive to assume that you will be able to synchronize your actions?

+1

Gentlemen, the lock has long since been broken.

It is foolish to take losses in a situation where you are confident in your trading decisions.

The EUR has gone up, look at the beginning of the topic.

And all the loch fighters are admins with DCs.

Brouhaha and the 11th chapter of "The Life of Monsieur de Moliere" ...

)))