Does the Grail exist? - page 48

Peter, it's more of a terminology/classification issue.
I consider trading without indication if one can do without technical indicators, which are developed in MQL4 for MT4.
It means if a trader throws to a chart and sees levels, lines, and combinations of bars, and uses only them, the trading is without indicators.
Indicator is a tool that uses mathematics. Of course, if the rules of opening/closing positions are implemented in code,
, then we can hardly call these rules "indicators". But this is a matter of taste and colour. :)
I do not pretend to be true, it is only imho.

Svinozavr >>:

Денис. Мы, на минуточку, на форуме МТС. Вы свои "Price Action называется, прогноз на основе анализа движения цены, сильных уровней, значимых импульсов, разворотных баров, БЕЗ ИНДИКАТОРОВ." как собираетесь в условие открытия ордеров засовывать? Книжку в CD-привод запихнете?

Все, что вы перечислили, тоже являются индикаторами, но для вашей головы. Только это не требует того уровня формализации как для советника.

Как только вы захотите это все автоматизировать, тогда у вас и появятся индикаторы анализирующие движения цен, сильных уровней, значимых импульсов и далее по тексту. А так ... называйте свой стиль как угодно. Хоть "безиндикаторным".)))

===

Слушайте, ну, ей-богу, о чем мы говорим. Это же элементарные вещи.

Now, that's another question. Don't mix it up.
Formalise waves, impulses and levels - who's stopping you?
Only linear, averaging indicators will not help, another approach is needed.

And comrades are talking in general about the absurdity of working without indicators - you can work, the rest is the programmers' problem.

Good afternoon. Anyone who doesn't mind sending me an inbox/msn of their own. I have decided to learn how to write EAs/a. I will be difficult to train alone and I do not have much time. I would be grateful to those who are willing to help me to master the mql4 language.

denis_orlov >>:

Куда мне до вас...))) Не в смысле начитанности...

А почитать вам много чего еще стоит, есть например целое направление такое Price Action называется, прогноз на основе анализа движения цены, сильных уровней, значимых импульсов, разворотных баров, БЕЗ ИНДИКАТОРОВ.

И вообще, не стоит судить по себе, если вам по душе усредненные и потерянные значения - на здоровье, пользуйтесь.
Чем опытнее трейдер, тем обычно меньше всякого хлама у него на графике, потому что знает, что цена первична, а индюки - наносное.

Young man, you only want to see and hear what you want. The question is not exactly about INDICATORS, but about devices for determining the direction of the price. And these devices may be very different. I will not list them all:))).
And the statements of many loudmouths that they do not use these or those gadgets, causes a slight chuckle.
Yes. "The more experienced the trader, the less junk there is usually." He sifts out the unnecessary and leaves the necessary.
If indicators are bothering you, don't use them. That's all there is to it.

denis_orlov >>:

А вот это уже другой вопрос. Не надо смешивать.

Shit. Mix what? Like, a mouwing, it's an indicator, and... how do you say... a strong level isn't? Why would it be?

Formalize both waves, and impulses, and levels - who is stopping you?
Only linear, averaging indicators will not help.

??? And why are you singling this out as a separate class of non-indicators???

An indicator is an analytical tool. By all means. By definition, it has such a purpose. It does not matter what it indicates - waves, impulses or whatever.

What form it will display depends on the interface of what/who is placing the orders.

And comrades were talking in general about the absurdity of working without indicators - it is possible to work, the rest is the programmers' difficulties.

You can. Especially if there are difficulties with formalisation. Sometimes it can be a very non-trivial task.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

Shit. Mix what? Like, a mouving, it's an indicator, and... what's the... a strong level is not? Why would it be?

Peter, sorry to barge in, but I would classify it this way:
- what can be drawn on a graph on a sheet of paper with a pencil (without using maths) is NOT INDICATORS,
- what can only be drawn on PC using mathematics is INDICATORS.
There are two approaches: for a trader harami cross, morning star or support/resistance line are not indicators, and for an encoder they are indicators. :)
That's probably how it works.

No one wants to help) OK, I'll manage on my own.

denis_orlov >>:

усредненные и потерянные значения

What makes you think that all sorts of levels and waves are not lost values?

goldtrader >>:

Пётр, пардон что вклиниваюсь, но я бы классифицировал так:
- то что можно нарисовать на графике на листе бумаги карандашом (без использования математики) - это НЕ ИНДИКАТОРЫ,
- то что возможно изобразить только на ПК с использованием математики - ИНДИКАТОРЫ.

Of course it would be useful to formalise these concepts. Although there is an applicable term - graphical analysis.

goldtrader >>:

Пётр, пардон что вклиниваюсь, но я бы классифицировал так:
- то что можно нарисовать на графике на листе бумаги карандашом (без использования математики) - это НЕ ИНДИКАТОРЫ,
- то что возможно изобразить только на ПК с использованием математики - ИНДИКАТОРЫ.

Please - cut in. Am I a monster occupier? )))

About classification - you're right, it's a matter of taste and everyone is free to do what they like, but there's a completely unambiguous definition of it. Why make something else up?