how to teach the TS to distinguish between FLET and TREND??? - page 10

Well, the price is out of the confidence range - it's like the end of a flat (in most cases)... or vice versa... the fast movement ends - the flat... and the fast mooving starts circling the slow mooving... and the oscillators start to work well too...

although Turca is right... If you go by his reasoning, you won't need any muwings or stochastics

There are useful conclusions in the second 'cow '.

Good afternoon!

I would like to make a suggestion. What if we consider any movement to the right that is inside a flat (with the oscillation amplitude less than a specified value, for example, 10 pips) and follows a converging triangle. The condition must be met - the diagonal support/resistance lines must not be broken (with a preset tolerance, e.g. 2 pips).

This may be nonsense, of course...

What if we use a price range comparison in the algorithm? It is known that horizontal levels act as resistance and support during a flat. Maybe this feature can somehow be used to form differentiating criteria.

It's very strange that no one has mentioned the indicator, I think it's "EQ", I can't remember exactly now.... year 2000 approximately.
It visualized the number of ticks in the time interval (10sec, 20sec, ...1min) set in the settings, it looked quite primitive cubes above the candles - the higher the cubes go from the candles, the more ticks passed in the given time period and vice versa.
It is almost silly, but flat periods differ from volatile (trend) periods by a small distance from the cubes to the candlesticks.

The beauty of this ugliness, in my opinion, is absence of lag, in fact for switching from flat to trend and vice versa, it is enough to pass a threshold (kollicity of ticks in specified time interval, and smoothing is possible by setting testing period of ticks counting) as for me this thing meets completely requirements of the topicstarter.

If interested, I can search .........

Hello forum users, forum girls, traders, tradedresses, etc. in general =)
Let me put it this way: Trend - No! Flat - No! And everything you hear is nonsense!

Why am I writing like this?
For a long time I was looking through all the strategies, wrote indicators and EA on them.
The conclusion: all sooner or later drain!

The global conclusion: there are no trends and flat, and what you see is yesterday's day.
It's like if I were to give you now the weather forecast for yesterday and say:
It's going to be hot and sunny today because yesterday and the day before yesterday we had rain,
and since we had sub-zero temperatures the day before yesterday, that's a sure sign
that tomorrow will be warm as the MA has gone up! It can't be raining in sub-zero temperatures!!!
So tomorrow it will be + 100% ! :)

Well, I'm off to bed, I don't come here often, as they say "rarely but often" :)
Yeah and the post will probably be deleted, but food for thought I gave you! ;)

Griffon писал(а) >>
Hello forum users, traders, programmers etc. =)
I say this: Trend - No! Flat - No! And all they tell you is bullshit!

Why am I writing like this?
For a long time I was looking through all the strategies, wrote indicators and EA on them.
The conclusion: all sooner or later drain!

The global conclusion: there are no trends and flat, and what you see is yesterday's day.
It's like if I were to give you now the weather forecast for yesterday and say:
It's going to be hot and sunny today because yesterday and the day before yesterday we had rain,
and since we had sub-zero temperatures the day before yesterday, that's a sure sign
it's a sure sign that tomorrow will be warm as the MA has gone up!!! It can't be raining when the temperature is minus!!!
So tomorrow it's 100 percent + ! :)

Well, I'm off to bed, I have not been here often, as they say "rarely but often" :) and the message will probably be deleted, but food for thought I have given you! ;)

You go to bed and we'll spend the night thinking.

Neveteran >>: Если интересно, то могу поискать .........

Yeah, look it up, please.

By the way, the idea that ... The idea of a link to volatility ... has already been mentioned, but the topic did not go further than night and day