how to teach the TS to distinguish between FLET and TREND??? - page 17

This is going to end badly... oh, bad...

(sighs) Okay. Look at the figure on pg. 15, which shows the modulated stochastic. Pulses are accompanied by peaks in the normalised ATR (lower sub-window), corrections by troughs. At any current point in time, by this definition, you can say - such is the case - impulse, wait for correction. Yep, ATR on a trough - a run in the direction of a previously defined momentum. That's all just for the sake of example and simplifying things to the extreme.

You are so smart.

There. There!!! Here we go! ))) Let's call it a day. Or we'll fight. Do we have to? )))

prononsens:

Trend indicators formalise signs of a trend, not the trend itself. At the same time, I do not know any indicators that formalise a correction. Enlighten me, you emotional man. -)

I copied itto my favorites. I copied it to my favorites. Did you realize what a delightfully stupid thing you did?

Good luck.

Svinozavr:

I copied it to my favourites. Did you realise what a delightfully stupid thing you did?

Good luck, everyone.

No, we won't.) I'm not afraid to be silly, because I'm not silly.) And it's not silly at all. I can give you lots of examples when the ATR is jumping and the price goes around the bush. The trend is a steady and progressive change in price, ATR does not capture the so called trend, but the range of change, the volatility which just statistically most often accompanies the change - and your modulation is actually a volatility filter while it is unclear why you cannot take volatility as such and not make decisions based on it. I am simply solving the same problem by switching to a different process measurement scale - a different TF. However, we can try to combine both approaches, but it will be buttery.)

Svinozavr:

===

As for using volumes in conjunction with TR, for example, due to the "kitchen" nature of tick volumes and their filtering by DCs, such pairing will only reduce validity. But such indicators work at the spot market. For example you can see with Williams (Larry) with Chand.

I do not trade on forex, I trade on Forts, I just translate the signals of EA in Quick). And my broker for MT takes the quotes from the same Quicksec. -)

So I will try and take into account the volume.)

Svinozavr:

You have not read it carefully. The stochastic is not used here for "sell" signals in the PC zone (>80%) or "buy" signals (<20), but for detecting (using volatility modulation) trend impulses. This is, by the way, a branch about trend and flat, in case you forgot.

(Actually, it's hilarious.))) Are you familiar with such concept as "orthogonality"?

===

As for using volumes together with TR, for example, due to the "kitchen" nature of tick volumes and their filtering by DTs, such pairing will only decrease the reliability. But such indicators work at the spot market. You can, for example, look at Williams (Larry) with Chand.

The indicator is great, it only shows a signal one, I don't know how to change it, I can't figure it out in the code

It's still cool.

I see that 16 pages have been written - I didn't bother to read. a flat/break is bullshit. but give me an indicator/indicator that would "stand up" to a sideways trend!

Globe:

I see that 16 pages have been written - I didn't bother to read. a flat/break is bullshit. but give me an indicator/indicator that would "stand up" to a sideways trend!

Well, that's where I'm trying to get the slogan - No flat, no trend, just fluctuations of different amplitudes. Like "Tired of flat - change timeframe" -))

prononsens:

I'm trying to push the slogan here - No flat, no trend, just fluctuations with different amplitudes, like "Tired of flat - change timeframe" -)).

I, personally, agree 100% with you. It all depends on the objectives for which the system is set up. Among the strong unidirectional motion on D1, moving to M15 (for example), you can find beautiful flat areas for 10-20 pips goals in both directions and vice versa, respectively.

Globe:

Perry Kaufman's classic adaptive moving average. Again, it all depends on the targets and the timeframe

PPC:

And I, personally, agree with you 100% here. It all depends on the objectives for which the system is set up. Among strong unidirectional movement on D1, moving to M15 (for example), one can find nice flat areas for 10-20 pips goals in both directions and vice versa, respectively.

Well, it is flat on Forts, my Expert Advisor has not got out of minutiae - here is the end of the session, but anyway it is a plus. A good TS should ideally earn in any market. -)